Summary

Food/Drink4
Service4
steaks, chocolate cake, crab cakes, filet mignon, seafood platter, martini, Warm chocolate cake, beef, creamed spinach, new york strip, onion loaf, prime ribs, macaroni and cheese, ribeye steak, sauteed spinach with mushrooms, Aged Australian Filet Mignon, Chicken Christopher, Morton’s Legendary Hot Chocolate Cake, New York Cheese Cake, Prime beef (only available on weekends), The dip!, appetizers and desserts, apple pie, boston lobsters, cajun ribeye, carrot cake, godiva choc cake, lobster bisque, mash, mortons chocolate lava cake, mortons salad, prime burger, prime steak, souffle, steamed fresh jumbo asparagus, wine list View all
Dinner, Business Dining, Romance/First Dates, Fine Dining, Vibrant/Noisy, Private Dining, Quiet, After Work, Wine Lists, Large Groups/Gathering, Boys Night Out, Lunch, Corporate Events, Girls Night Out, Anniversary, Children/Family, Chillout, Supper, Birthdays, People Watching, Ala Carte, Hidden Find, Wheelchair Friendly View all

Still the Best Steak I ever Had

Thanks for the experience. it was awesome. Perfect for those special occassion. I cook steak occassionally but I just cant replicate the taste nor the texture of it. so until that day happens, will come here every year :)

Most helpful reviews for Morton's The Steakhouse

Morton’s Steakhouse @ Mandarin Oriental Hotel

For the complete review with uploaded pictures and quoted prices, please view:

Sometimes, nothing quite cuts it like old-school glamor. A takeover may have landed on the white tablecloths of Morton’s of Chicago’s some time ago, but it is no trigger for reflexive revisions of the upmarket steakhouse under the high pomp of Mandarin Oriental hotel. Unlike the other Morton’s outlets in the U.S., the Singapore outpost is not too impatient for updates.

The trappings of an archetypal steakhouse from Chicago are there. Full leather booth seats are delineated with glass screens, emblazoned with frosted logo prints, framed between brass poles. Tawny tungsten bleed onto pyramids of wine bottles on columns of tabletop.

The amiable hospitality remains in check. Morton’s staff, in formal black, would lift the table just for you to ease into the plush seats by the windows. More austere, though educational and amusing, is food briefing done on board shiny pushcarts with real samples of the food in question.

To prove its testimony of delivering the best even when it comes to its non- signature offerings, the Morton’s Prime Ocean Platter- Baked was just as impressive and we were told that both versions, as good as they were in their own right, would suit either those who prefer their seafood baked or chilled. Sea scallops wrapped in Bacon, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Oyster Rockefeller and Jumbo Shrimp Alexander, the show- stopping plate was worth every penny in our opinion.

The aromatic fragrance of the five kinds of onions was wonderfully infused together with the crusted cheese topping. When had all together, the Baked Five Onion Soup was indeed soul satisfying. We were caught by surprise from our first try, the delicious medley of savoury sweet and sour notes was really heavenly. Deservedly one of their signature dishes that is definitely worthy of one’s order.

Centre-cut Filet Mignon, beef comes like a solo star, starkly alone onstage with a bare cover of sprouts. Morton’s seem undeniably French by nature, sauce-wise. Best to go with either béarnaise (hollandaise made with vinegar instead of lemon) or on their own, tender cuts like the filet mignon (the tenderloin, inner muscle of the cow) were simply dainty, total surrender and no resistance. Never opt for well-done or you might want to rethink the point of touching expensive bovine in the first place.

Bone-in Ribeye, marbling is saliently featured on its own and while this part may not be as pointedly tender as the filet mignon, their fat pockets, as flavor nooks, makes for instant appreciation of the ribeye. You simply exercise your jaw in concentration to suss out nuances of the aged meat.

Morton’s Legendary Hot Chocolate Cake, decadently sinful and remarkably executed for getting every element right, both taste and texture- wise.

For mroe dishes reviewed, please view the link above.

If you are a steakhouse learn how to cook steak properly!

We asked for medium ... But after about 45 mins the steaks came and both were overdone. One was salty. Not sure why. There must be big issues. Waiting staff were apologetic, and offered to refund the of the steaks (SGD99 each). They tried hard to make it up. But we came to this overpriced restaurant for good steak, not apologies, and didn't get it. So FAIL. I have had better steaks in a lot of cheaper places. This was supposed to be a special night out and they messed it up.

Great steaks but overpriced and poor service

I've eaten at Morton's three times and always found their food to be excellent, although definitely on the expensive side - even for the quality you're getting. I was previously able to accept this because the service was also good and they seemed to really try to go that little bit further.

However, my opinion has changed following my latest visit where the service was absolutely terrible. It started with being made to wait for 25 minutes for a table despite having a reservation and many tables being empty. While waiting I ordered a beer in the bar and after 10 minutes of waiting for it to arrive asked them if I could order something else because they were having all sorts of issues changing the keg - which is fine, but why make me wait for 10 minutes and not just ask if I'd prefer to wait or order something else. While at the bar my companion tried to order from a waiter and he grunted "sorry" and walked away without even talking to us.

After waiting 25 minutes I approached the front desk again to ask if the table was ready and despite the host's confusion about who I was or whether the table was ready she then said it was and she was just on her way to tell me (even though she clearly had no idea it was ready until I asked and she checked). I strongly suspect I would have sat waiting indefinitely had I not come back to ask.

It then took far too long to even get a menu and when wanting to order we tried to get the attention of at least ten different waiters who all seemed to be running around like there was some sort of emergency (even though there wasn't) and I eventually walked over to a waiter and asked to place an order only for him to grunt at me and walk away - never to return. After waiting a few more minutes I walked over to another waiter and asked to be served - she said she'd be right back but also never returned. Finally, I went back to the host desk and asked for a waiter to come to the table only to be greeted with confusion and demands of my table number (which of course I had no idea of).

Finally, a supervisor showed up, apologising and offering to take the order. This was far too little, far too late and we decided to leave without ordering.

Really amazingly bad service and I now won't be returning - it's a shame because I'd enjoyed my first two visits but this was just such an epic failure of service that I can't stand the thought of visiting again.

Afterwards I went to Cut at Marina Bay Sands where the food quality and cost is similar, but the service was 100% better!

great food but kinda expensive

their steak portion is definitely huge. however their price is quite ridiculous honestly. i guess you are paying for its ambience and service. unless you have a lot of money, i would not recommend eating here

one of the best happy hours!

for photos and more reviews, visit http://littlemomentsofmylife.wordpress.com/ :)

i'm so happy with my chocolate martini! :) they have a few martinis at a special price of $12.95 during their happy hour. the chocolate martini had a generous amount of chocolate inside! a creamy chocolate flavour, with lots of little chocolate swirls floating on top, and a coat of chocolate lining the glass. a hint of absolut vodka, and this made the ultimate happy drink :D

my friend ordered the lychee martini, which came with two lychees in it! hehe! i think they look so cute dont they! it was a really refreshing drink, loved it too!

AND AAAAAAAAAND THE BEST PART: morton's filet mignon sandwich! <3<3 every half an hour or so, the waitresses will come around with a tray of these lovely sandwiches (one each! dont be greedy. although i wish i could hehe). i loved the savoury-sweet slightly crisp bun, encasing a medium-rare steak. YUMMY!!!!!!

i am totally planning my next visit. take note, no flip flops and shorts though! the dress code is smart casual. and really, you dont want to be seen in this posh place in shorts & slippers anyway.