Review for My Awesome Cafe

AsianEuropeanFrenchFusionWestern
Address: 202 Telok Ayer Street, 068630
01 Apr 2014

Far from Awesomeness

For full review and pics, visit therantingpanda.com

The Iced Mocha ($5) was a flop. Had chosen that on a hot Sunday afternoon (read 35°C) and a late night before, hoping to down something cold with caffeine. The drink turned out diluted, bland and with brown solid powder at the bottom of the iced cold drink. Epic fail.

Rants Taken a look at their facebook account, cafe website and initial reviews of the cafe, I saw the words Local, Awesome and Vintage on a repeat mode. I must say, there’s just so little local flavour in it other than the hardwares, nothing awesome other than the cafe name itself, nothing vintage other than the shophouse. Have My Awesome Cafe tried too hard to be awesome that it lost its way to Awesomeness?

More reviews of My Awesome Cafe

Overall

A really awesome cafe and bar

This place rocks. I visited this cafe last friday night, it was very busy, in a good way.
The lanterns and lightings looked very good.
We shared 4 of their platters, I think they have 8 in total, and totally enjoyed them all.
Their happy hour bottle of wine was at $38, and great value for money.
Service was very professional and friendly, a few of them worked in 5 star hotels, you can tell.
All in all, one of the best bar / cafe we have visited in Singapore, we will be back.

They don't like "picky" eaters

Great ambience and the owner/manager of My Awesome Cafe is a super friendly guy, outgoing and was so welcoming! We thought - oh wow, sounds awesome!

Until we had the pleasure of getting served by their chief lady server whose attitude could use some adjusting. Guys and girls, she will call you a picky eater to your face, make zero suggestions for simple substitutions (like whether or not you can have vegetable sticks instead of bread). She will recommend the olives, which in her books were the very best (and they weren't), or a salad with your wine. Mind you, I didn't ask for anything impossible at all. She insisted I order bread and whatever pork dish they had, and when I told her I can't eat bread and don't eat pork, she felt it was appropriate to call me a picky eater.

Great place though - Menu looks good with a huge selection. Just head over there for drinks and protein shakes, sandwiches and salads. Service was good from the other guys. It's not a bad place at all!

Love it.

Incredibly friendly stuff and always great vibes. Make sure to have a bite of the cold platter and the awesome salad. Coconut ice cream with espresso shot is a must for a healthy dessert. This a truly awesome place where awesome people meet.
Overall

Favorite cafe in Telok Ayer!

Love this place for its friendly staff, bustling atmosphere and really beautiful interior design.

The coffee is delicious and if I ever crave lasagna, this is the place I go. Their salads are pretty d*** awesome too.

It's best to go in the quieter hours like in the morning or afternoons so you can use that free wifi and get to know the staff there.
Overall

Just average food but ambience is good

I won't add any fuel to the fire judging from some of the harsh comments here.

The food is not terrible, just average, its just ironic how its called "My AWESOME Cafe".
Salad greens are not very fresh with browning... parma ham is not great either...

But the ambience is wonderful, it really is quite a nice place to chill the hours away on lazy afternoons, it isn't terrible food like I said so its really up to you and what you want from this place.