Summary

Service3
My Awesome Salad, Cold cut platter, Coconut ice cream with Patron coffee liquor, Beef Lasagna, Cold cut and cheese platter, Cut watermelon with lychee sherbet, Smoked Salmon Quiche, mixed choco and berries blend View all
After Work, Breakfast, Brunch, Chillout, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Boys Night Out, Business Breakfast, Ala Carte, Birthdays, Business Dining, Lunch, Anniversary, Large Groups/Gathering, Nice Deco, Children/Family, Dinner, Relaxed View all

Far from Awesomeness

For full review and pics, visit therantingpanda.com

The Iced Mocha ($5) was a flop. Had chosen that on a hot Sunday afternoon (read 35°C) and a late night before, hoping to down something cold with caffeine. The drink turned out diluted, bland and with brown solid powder at the bottom of the iced cold drink. Epic fail.

Rants Taken a look at their facebook account, cafe website and initial reviews of the cafe, I saw the words Local, Awesome and Vintage on a repeat mode. I must say, there’s just so little local flavour in it other than the hardwares, nothing awesome other than the cafe name itself, nothing vintage other than the shophouse. Have My Awesome Cafe tried too hard to be awesome that it lost its way to Awesomeness?

Most helpful reviews for My Awesome Cafe

Awesome or Aweful?

Service 1

Charming facade but not so charming service. The owner is an Anton Casey equivalent of F&B. Arrogrant, surly and downright condescending to customers. We arrived at lunch hour. The cafe was packed and we were told to wait outside until a table was available. Five to 10 minutes later, we spotted a free table and asked one of the waiters if we could sit down. We were tired of being in the heat outside. The waiter said it was fine, then the owner (bald French guy) came over and told us curtly that he didn't want to serve us today because we had asked to be seated. His behaviour was completely uncalled for. Even his waiter was astoundd by his abrasive reaction to our simple request. First of all, you don't make your customers stand around and wait if there are tables available. No one was attending to us which was why we approached the waiter to ask if we could sit at the table. I've heard a slew of other complaints from other friends after I relayed this unpleasant incident to them. Poor service seems to be the only thing that's consistent about this cafe. The attitude of the service staff stinks, so much for your 'awesome' service. Keep it up and soon it will literally be your OWN awesome cafe because your potential customers will just take their business elsewhere. 'My Aweful Cafe' would be a more befitting name for this unwelcoming place.

Irrational service

mostly unsuspecting tourists or drinking locals.
Service here is substandard, management can be irrational and have heard complaints of customer harrassment.

The menu is contemporary With fresh ingredients from abroad, I would not go back again as there are so many other options in singapore.

bad service

This place doesn't meet the expectation as their name suggests. Bad service, took forever for food to come and no apologies whatsoever after several follow ups been made. Will never go back again until the services improve

They don't like "picky" eaters

Great ambience and the owner/manager of My Awesome Cafe is a super friendly guy, outgoing and was so welcoming! We thought - oh wow, sounds awesome!

Until we had the pleasure of getting served by their chief lady server whose attitude could use some adjusting. Guys and girls, she will call you a picky eater to your face, make zero suggestions for simple substitutions (like whether or not you can have vegetable sticks instead of bread). She will recommend the olives, which in her books were the very best (and they weren't), or a salad with your wine. Mind you, I didn't ask for anything impossible at all. She insisted I order bread and whatever pork dish they had, and when I told her I can't eat bread and don't eat pork, she felt it was appropriate to call me a picky eater.

Great place though - Menu looks good with a huge selection. Just head over there for drinks and protein shakes, sandwiches and salads. Service was good from the other guys. It's not a bad place at all!

Was told to complete my order by saying "PLEASE"!

Value 1| Service 1

I set up this account to write this review because I was so offended by the service staff of this cafe. After lunch, my colleagues and I thought of having coffee at a nice cafe and we walked past the cafe and thought we gave it a try. We were first served by a v nice and friendly guy who told us that its OK to come in for a drink because we knew that they also served lunch and we didn't want to take up a table just for drinks. (Anyway, there were empty tables.) After looking through the menu, another caucasian guy came over to take our order. My colleague placed the order and he started off with "Can we have...". This guy asked if we want to order food and we politely declined because we just had lunch. All of a sudden, the guy told us that we should add the word, "please" after we complete our order. My colleagues and I were baffled by the comment and he proceed to say that "he is a server, not a servant". His comment took us by surprised. In the first place, we did not know what did we do to warrant that kind of sarcastic comment and we were not even rude at all because my friends and I were even sharing some funny jokes before we ordered our drinks. We were very offended. My colleagues wanted to leave but I thought we should let the other guy who was nicer and friendlier know about that. I was told that the guy who was rude to us was one of the owners of this cafe. I want to tell the owner this: If you think you, as a boss, cannot bring yourself to the level of being a waiter to serve, then please (i used the word, PLEASE), go sit behind the cashier to count the coins that you earn for the day. We came to the cafe to drink coffee, we did not enrol or sign up for lesson about manners from you. I am not sure if we were deemed impolite because we only ordered three cups of coffee (with service charge and GST) or do we not look like the type of people who would patronize your cafe?  It is a joke that I read from some of the blogs that one of the owners was actually someone who worked in some of the most prestigious places -- and this was the kind of service level that we are given? Your cafe was opened at Telok Ayer, the interior of your cafe seemed to show that the cafe was a relaxed and casual cafe, why so stringent about ordering and say that we have to use "please"? I have dined in so many prestigious restaurants and some michelin-star restaurants and I don't get into problems like that.