My Dessert House has closed.

Summary

desserts, waffles, Crispy Bread Sandwiches, Savoury Chix Rice, The first 2 mentioned, Waffle Bits, apple lime blend, crispy tuna sandwich, curry chicken, curry chicken baked rice, fruit blends, mango pomelo View all
After Work, Children/Family, Brunch, Cheap Eat/Budget, Hidden Find, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Quiet View all

Hidden Gem, Tucked Away in a Small Corner of AMK Hub

Brought my son for haircut at AMK Hub QB House basement, and chanced upon this eatery. Not the best of locations. Glanced through their menu on display, and find them interesting, esp the dessert spread.

Had lunch with wife the next day at AMK hub. ate at New York, New York, then proceeded on to My Dessert House to check out their dessert. There were not many patrons although it was lunch hour.

Ordered their waffle bits (with cinnamon powder) and another bean-curd dessert. wow! they are great!

and because we just had lunch at NY, NY, the prices at MDH seem so much more reasonable!

Wife and I felt that the lack of patrons at MDH must be because of its inferior location within AMK Hub...

We returned a 2nd time to try out their other dishes. again, 4 thumbs up. (both my wife's and mine)

Great find. was hesitant to put review here (for fear of inviting crowd); but feel strongly that this outlet deserve better business than it does now. and on a more selfish note, is concerned that they may pack up and go if business does not improve soon ;)

go try it. I am confident you will at least agree with me that it's value for $$

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) My Dessert House (AMK Hub)

Decent waffles with a $4.90 price tag

Had waffles (actually only one piece) with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream drizzled not illiberally with warm chocolate sauce.

Having just tried the waffles at Max Brenner, the waffles here definitely paled in comparison. While they came warm, they were not "hard crispy" like what a good waffle should be; they were more "soft crispy" like Japanese waffle ice cream. In fact, the batter almost resembled that of a pancake batter. Nonetheless, eaten together with the ice-cream and chocolate sauce, the combination worked for me. And strangely enough, I could swear that the chocolate sauce tasted exactly the same as the one at Max Brenner (M.B, please do not sue me).

Interesting fruit blends, worth a try

My friends and I came across My Dessert House while we were at AMK Hub Basement one. It's hidden behind MOF, just in front of Watsons.

The menu looks interesting, we decided to order their signature fruit blends and the curry chicken baked rice. The apple and strawberry blend was very unique, topped with green apple, strawberry and nata - an immediate cool down in a hot Sunday afternoon. My friend tried the mango jelly dessert, they gave decent amount of mango and aloe vera. The lime added gave a refreshing taste to the ice jelly.

The curry chicken baked rice is good mix of Asian and Western concept, love the mozerella cheese on top and the delicious curry chicken inside. It's worth trying, something different from the usual cheese baked rice.

Prices are affordable and it has good selection of desserts and food. I will definitely visit My Dessert House again when I'm at AMK Hub.

Highly recommended!

My Dessert House has many interesting desserts, I love their mango pomelo ice cream! The mango puree is blended with real mango, topped with generous amount of mango fruits and vanilla ice cream. Yummy!! Not forgetting the curry chicken baked rice, the curry sauce is super nice and it's baked with cheese on top. I didn’t manage to take a photo of the baked rice, I was too hungry. :P

My sister tried the waffle with ice cream, the waffle is crispy and it came with strawberry, kiwi and peach. Only cost $4.90, very worth it. She had the Tomato Spaghetti for dinner, good serving portion and simply delicious.

I've been to dessert house a few times, like their relaxing ambiance and variety of food. Tried their drinks apple lime and mango blend too, very refreshing. I will highly recommend to those who are looking for good service and food value for money.

My Dessert House(MSH), located at AMK hub, B1, just beside MOF. Their desserts and services are great. I cant remember the last time I’ve seen a real, warm smile. What’s more, the prices are very cheap and nett nett because they dont charge service charge nor GST. You merely order with an ordering chit and they will serve you.

Cinnamon bites.

Crispy bite-sized waffles drizzled with cinnamon powder, sugar and honey. Yummy! Great for lazy people like me, dont even have to cut up a waffle. Haha. $2 only.

Iced white fungus with snow pear.

I actually only remembered to take this pic when I’m halfway eating. It’s actually a huge portion and it costs only $3.50 for this beauty supplement.

Dumplings in longan soup. Can change to ginger soup if you want.

Great service, food and value. Thumbs up!