Reviews for Myung Dong Korean BBQ Restaurant

AsianKorean
Eddie0

A good dinner!

Great service, excellent food! For a bbq restaurant they were surprisingly able to keep the place smoke free and not smelling of the bbq.
03 May 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

THE WORST BBQ EVER!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, the restaurant is under new management. The previous owner who set up the place is no longer there. I had no idea about this critical change and this is what I found out yesterday.

The worst Korean restaurant not only in Singapore but probably in the whole region.

1. Charcoal: not made of woods but a mix of chemicals and coal. If you have a death wish, go ahead.
2. Side dishes: Every table had different kinds and numbers of dishes. No lettuce, salad, garlic,etc on my table while other tables were missing something too..
3. Service: Not properly trained. sloppy and no sense of hygiene.
4. Meat: I ordered spicy pork belly and soy sauce seasoned pork. Seasoning on spicy pork was all dried up and soy sauce seasoned pork was unseasoned. Became very bitter and dry after I grilled it.
5. Price: Cheap. Explains a lot.
6. Washroom: c'mon.....
My Korean mother used to run her own BBQ restaurant for more than 30 years in US until her retirement in 2010. I assure you that Myung Dong is not even a Korean restaurant. I dunno what kind of standards they have, but I wouldn't eat anything even if they are all free. I took off after I had 3 pieces of spicy pork and I didn't even touched the soy sauce seasoned pork. When I saw the bill with 10% service charge added on, I couldn't stop laughing.
Again, the WORST in the whole REGION.
06 Mar 2014 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

A good dinner!

31 Oct 2013 • 18 reviews • 0 follower

Overrated. Terrible service and overpriced.

1. Ambience is not great as it is rather squeezy
2. Food items are rather pricey for normal tasting food. The only item worth raving about would be its pancakes but even that scored only in texture, whereas it lacked severely in taste.

3. Main gripe would be its service, very rude and curt on reservations. Initially thought it might be because of the language barrier, but after several instances of rude gestures etc, it really is their manners