Summary

seafood pancake, Korean Stew, ginseng chicken soup, ribs of beef, yangnyeom-mogsall (marinated with soybean paste pork :) View all

Overrated. Terrible service and overpriced.

1. Ambience is not great as it is rather squeezy
2. Food items are rather pricey for normal tasting food. The only item worth raving about would be its pancakes but even that scored only in texture, whereas it lacked severely in taste.

3. Main gripe would be its service, very rude and curt on reservations. Initially thought it might be because of the language barrier, but after several instances of rude gestures etc, it really is their manners

Most helpful reviews for Myung Dong Korean BBQ Restaurant

THE WORST BBQ EVER!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, the restaurant is under new management. The previous owner who set up the place is no longer there. I had no idea about this critical change and this is what I found out yesterday.

The worst Korean restaurant not only in Singapore but probably in the whole region.

1. Charcoal: not made of woods but a mix of chemicals and coal. If you have a death wish, go ahead.
2. Side dishes: Every table had different kinds and numbers of dishes. No lettuce, salad, garlic,etc on my table while other tables were missing something too..
3. Service: Not properly trained. sloppy and no sense of hygiene.
4. Meat: I ordered spicy pork belly and soy sauce seasoned pork. Seasoning on spicy pork was all dried up and soy sauce seasoned pork was unseasoned. Became very bitter and dry after I grilled it.
5. Price: Cheap. Explains a lot.
6. Washroom: c'mon.....
My Korean mother used to run her own BBQ restaurant for more than 30 years in US until her retirement in 2010. I assure you that Myung Dong is not even a Korean restaurant. I dunno what kind of standards they have, but I wouldn't eat anything even if they are all free. I took off after I had 3 pieces of spicy pork and I didn't even touched the soy sauce seasoned pork. When I saw the bill with 10% service charge added on, I couldn't stop laughing.
Again, the WORST in the whole REGION.

A good dinner!

Great service, excellent food! For a bbq restaurant they were surprisingly able to keep the place smoke free and not smelling of the bbq.

Must have Korean Stew.

I was looking for a Korean restaurant to bring my friend for some Korean BBQ, Myung Dong is the one which allow me to book online and with good review. So I just give it a try.

The restaurant was only run by 2 staffs in the dining area and not sure how many in the kitchen. But the service was ok. It is a small restaurant that maybe can only take 50 diners only. The lady who served us was very friendly. I think she is the boss lady there. Very interesting experience compare to the normal Korean BBQ restaurant that I use to go. This restaurant give you the feeling of Korean style restaurant that you saw in the drama, where the boss will come out and serve their customer, chit-chat and help them the prepare their food. It really feels cozy and friendly with the environment here. No wonders there are many Korean customers when we were there.

The food. Ok if you coming for the BBQ you might be disappointed if you already use to buffet style. Because the a la cart order for the meat only have 2 price. $35 or $17. And the portion come in smaller than it show in the menu ;) I found out all other customer order the hotpot / stew. There are many different type of stew available in the menu. We order the beef and octopus stew and It was very nice.

If I ever want to go for BBQ, I don’t think this is the place for me because I like to have unlimited supply without too worry about cost. But for Korean Stew, this will be the place for it.

lunch

lunch menu was not bad. service was Gd. owner is a friendly aunty. seafood pancake n ginseng chicken soup is a must try!