Reviews for Nakhon Kitchen (Hougang)

3.7

AsianIndochineseThai
Address: #01-341, 212 Hougang Street 21, 530212

Service at Nakhon Kitchen

I went with my family to Nakhon Kitchen last weekend to have our dinner, personally I feel the that the service staffs there are very friendly and they will show you where you should sit. They will repeat your orders again to double check. Their staffs always greet customers with a smile. I have not heard any promotion from Nakhon Kitchen yet, but hope to hear from it soon. I heard about Nakhon Kitchen from my friends and family.
• 21 Apr 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Service at Nakhon Kitchen

• 20 Mar 2015 • 22 reviews • 0 follower

Fast and affordable Thai food

Overall
We stumbled upon Nakhon Kitchen by chance, and it has become one of our go-to places for authentic, value-for-money Thai food – the food quality is consistently good, and there’s no service charge / GST (but also no-frills service and no air-conditioning).

Be it weekday or weekend evenings, the queues are equally long.  The great thing is, the restaurant is very well-run. From our experience, a queue of 10-15 pax takes only about 10-15 mins to clear.  The menus are handed out and orders taken while you are in the queue, so the food is served rather quickly once you are seated. Once you are seated though, it can be a little slow if you try to add dishes (so do it all at once in the queue!)

We frequent the branch at Holland Village, though they have equally-popular outlets in other parts of Singapore e.g. Hougang, Bedok, Pasir Panjang.  From the online reviews, it seems like queues are expected at all the outlets.

This is definitely not a chill out spot or fancy restaurant. But if you are craving for Thai food at affordable prices, this is a good place to go.

For more info on the food reviews and pictures, refer to our blog:
  • Signboard
• 05 Jan 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Good and value for money Thai Food

Overall
We went to the Pasir Panjang Outlet of Nakhon Kitchen after reading Hungry Go Where review. The menu is quite varied and all the popular Thai dishes are included. The restaurant decor is basic and has no air-conditioning but the economical prices make up for it. Vegetables and meat dishes cost about S$ 6 to S$ 8 while fishes are about S$ 12 onwards. We were recommended to order the deep fried red fish (S$ 12) and it is very crispy and delicious. All dishes are good except for the green curry.