Reviews for Nakhon Kitchen (Hougang)

AsianIndochineseThai
whaleliciousfay

Good, affordable Thai!

Our initial plan was to brunch, but we decided to have Thai instead. Especially after hearing Nakhon Kitchen, which is in my girlfriend’s hood, being pretty popular. We reached at 12pm on a Saturday. And while we knew there would be a queue, what we were not expecting was for the queue to be really long!

As it neared our turn to be allocated a table, the staff passed us the menu so that we could quickly order as soon as we were seated. And we waited for approximately 30 minutes before we were finally seated.

I would say Nakhon Kitchen is a place for a fuss-free meal. It’s a non-air conditioned eatery with tables placed within and outside of the shop unit. We were seated outside and were fortunate that the weather was cooling that day. =)

And from the menu, we ordered:-

1) Homemade Thai prawn cake (4 pcs), $12 – We liked how Nakhon Kitchen was generous with the ingredients. Breaded chunks of minced prawns and vegetables deep fried to perfection. Nice.

2) Stir-fried kang kong belachan, $6

3) Tom yam soup (clear base), $6 – For this, one can choose between clear or thick base, and choice of prawn, seafood or chicken. And our clear soup was deceivingly spicy! Needless to say, we did not manage to finish the soup

4) Pineapple fried rice, $6

5) Phad Thai noodles, $5

6) Mango sticky rice served w/ coconut milk, $5 – This was not too bad. I liked that the sticky rice was really chewy, although I would have preferred the mango to be sweeter.

7) Thai ice tea, $3 – It could be due to the spicy tom yum soup or it could be the milk thai was really tasty that I finished my drink even before all dishes were served. Ha.

That said, Nakhon Kitchen is recommended for a quick (minus the queuing) and fuss-free meal. With its affordable prices, I say drop by for some Thai food if you are in Kovan. One can also follow up with some desserts (cakes and waffles) at Hatter Street which is just a few units away!

----------
PS : I am a blogger too! Lifestyle blogFood Blog
Pineapple fried rice, $6
08 Oct 2014 • 140 reviews • 6 followers

Good, affordable Thai!

I would say Nakhon Kitchen is a place for a fuss-free meal. It’s a non-air
27 Aug 2014 • 12 reviews • 0 follower

yummy and tasty and cheap

who doesnt want an excellent buy? this resto gives us a lot to look forward to. nice and tasty food and cheap that you got so much value for your money.
05 Aug 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Nakhon Kitchen food ~ yummy!!!

Agree that the food served is superb and at an affordable price. Service is not too bad as well!

Tips: go in a bigger group is better as you get to try more dishes after queuing sometimes for more than an hour.

Will go back!