Back to Nakhon Kitchen#01-341, 212 Hougang Street 21

Wheelchair Friendly3 votes

Sharlene Elise
 • 20 Feb 2014 1 review 30 followers
Overall
I don't care what you say, it's the best I've had so far. We had the prawn cake, kang kong, minced pork, seafood thomyam soup and Thai iced tea. The prawn cakes weren't soaked in oil and were well seasoned. The ingredients were all fresh and fresh out of the kitchen. SO SUPER YUMMY

Must tries: Thai Ice Tea, clear tom yam soup

Alfresco/Outdoor Dining

Jenntan
 • 20 Jan 2014 7 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Awesome = being able to have your thai food fix in a neighbouring area at reasonable price and yet so-delicious food! yums! the must eats are - pandan chicken, pork in basil leaves and sambal kang kong.

We had all the spicy food, tom yum soup, curry, sambal vege, pork in basil leaves (this is spicy), ended the dinner with a stomach which feels very HOTT!! haha.

but delicious and surely coming back for thai food craves.

For more details, please see: http://ttimetreats.com/2014/01/19/nakhon-kitchen/

LeMeow
 • 09 Jan 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
My fave is their prawn cake. Crunchy crust, juicy and chewy inside that goes so well with their sweet chili sauce. Versions that I've tired else where we're always a tad too oily for my liking. This one had a good crust that doesn't leave a nasty aftertaste.

Two of us were ravenous by the time we were in the queue so we ordered a little too much.

We had sambal kang kong, tom yam clear seafood soup and basil minced pork along w the prawn cake and white rice.

The heat from the food and the place was intense and all worth it. The soup is a great appetite enhancer and palette cleaner to accompany the dishes each and every one packed with flavors of its own.

The Thai iced tea we had was thick and not too sweet (suited to Singaporean taste buds perhaps). Being a black tea lover I'd say their tea could be stronger heh.

Must tries: clear tom yam soup, prawn cake, Sambal Kangkong, Minced Porl stir-fry with Basil

Dinner, Cheap Eat/Budget