Back to Nam Nam Noodle Bar#B1-47, Raffles City Shopping Centre, 252...

Pho12 votes
Ala Carte3 votes

Weekend Eat What
 • 25 May 2014 30 reviews 0 follower
Overall
For full review with pics, visit http://weekendeatwhatsg.blogspot.sg/2014/05/nam-nam-noodle-bar.html

On one fine night at 8.45pm, I saw there was no queue. Fate prevailed and I was destined to get my hands on a bowl of Nam Nam's pho. Finally!

The menu comprises of phos (Vietnamese noodle soups), banh mi (toasted baguettes with meat and vegetable fillings), and also other well known Vietnamese side dishes such as spring rolls. Prices are mostly below $10 (screammmm!!). Ordering is easy - Pay at the cashier and they will deliver the food.

We got the pho chicken ($7.90). The soup was flavourful and infused with herbs and spices (not sure but I think I tasted lemongrass, cinnamon, pepper), spring onions. The citrusy and peppery soup was boiled for 24 hours with the spices and it was tasty even without MSG. We can't really appreciate the lemony spices. I loved the thin flat noodles which were very smooth and slippery. The chicken was a little tough and not flavourful enough.

We got the crispy fried chicken ($4.90) as our side. I loved this a lot! The skin was caramelised with fish sauce and garnished with sesame seeds which gave it a crunchy and crispy texture on the outside, while the meat was tender on the inside.

The small restaurant was a little cramped but it was cosy enough with its red lanterns, kitchenware that invoked the nostalgic vibe, and newspaper-wallpapers, trying to bring a flavour of street food scene from Vietnam.

Overall, a good place for Vietnamese cuisine! They just opened a new outlet at Plaza Sing.

Must tries: Pho, crispy chicken wings

Mike Ong Yao H
 • 13 May 2014 13 reviews 18 followers
Overall
The restaurant is really quite small and there is hardly any space to move around. The queue is quite short in the afternoon and only waited for around 15 minutes. Previously, I remembered having to wait for 1 hour during the dinner timing.

Overall, I only recommended this restaurant if you are coming in small group (4people or less) or the queue is quite short as the restaurant is really small. Definitely not worth the few hours of queuing.

For full review, visit

GreyElephant
 • 04 May 2014 3 reviews 0 follower
Overall
We should never patronise business where workers are empowered to provide bad services. It all starts when the business would rather rent a bigger space, close up a portion, employ less workers, and let customers queue up outside instead. Really cannot understand the logic, maybe margins are fat enough. Beacause of the young kids, we needed the benches, but they simply refuses to open up the bench area, with the excuse of insufficient staff, even though its just 2 steps away. i was so pissed off when the waitress told me to go to their branch at suntec instead, as they have more staff there... w**, what kind of attitude is that!!! Something must be wrong with the management if Macdonalds can be adequately staffed, but not Nam Nam. Finally, back to food, its really so so. not much of QC, one bowl of broth had too strong a taste of star anise, but not the other. $6.90 for the small sandwich also expensive. Overall does not meet my expectation of delicioius but light vietnamese food. One might say that people are queueing up anyways... well, its because they wud rather keep the retaurant half-empty, make pple wait outside, to create the false impression of being highly sought after. Definitely my first and last time. Restaurants who take customers for granted should be shunned forever.