Reviews for Nam Nam Noodle Bar (Raffles City)

AsianVietnamese
Ee Ling Yam

nice place for quick meal

a nice place for a quick meal. aroma and taste of the hot coffee with condensed milk are to my preference, served with a cute retro-looked cup. breakfast and lunch set priced at 5.90 and 9.90 are must try, in a just nice portion and reasonable price.
20 Mar 2015 • 5 reviews • 0 follower

Good value weekday set lunch, but service is especially eyebrow-raising

Overall
I used to be a loyal fan of Namnam and went at least once a week for lunch when they first opened, but after a short while, as their business picked up, the standard dropped considerably, although they remain popular with the work crowd for the weekday set lunches at $9.90. I find Namnam to be either hit-or-miss, about 50-50 both ways, with eyebrow-raising encounters with the service.

You can read about it at https://memoirsoftaste.wordpress.com/2015/03/16/namnam-singapore-pho-vietnamese-noodles-food-review-blog/
29 Jan 2015 • 46 reviews • 0 follower

Yummy!

Overall
This is quality Vietnamese street food, tasty, reasonably priced and ideal for a quick lunch. Delicious!
18 Jan 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Bowl of Pepper Soup

Overall
I had seen Nam Nam and it's various branches around, and as lover of Vietnamese food, I was very excited to try it. I especially was psyched to try the Pho since they claimed not to use MSG, a flavor enhancer used to avoid making pho the right way.

I ordered a pho with steak, and it arrived to me with a mountain of black pepper. I managed to take some off before I took my exploratory spoonful of the broth to determine what I needed to add to flavor it up. The first spoonful was like consuming a whole bag of peppercorns, and I raced to think how to salvage the broth. I added all the usual condiments (Chili sauce, hoison, etc), but nothing could salvage the broth.

Against my better judgement, I asked for my soup to be replaced knowing that I would likely get another bowl of peppery soup. They reluctantly agreed shooting me a dirty look. My second bowl was much of the same, and I choked down the soup just because I was paying for it.

Bright side, their iced vietnamese coffee was passable. Never again.

Similar Listings