Reviews for Nam Nam Noodle Bar (Raffles City)

AsianVietnamese
Ee Ling Yam

nice place for quick meal

a nice place for a quick meal. aroma and taste of the hot coffee with condensed milk are to my preference, served with a cute retro-looked cup. breakfast and lunch set priced at 5.90 and 9.90 are must try, in a just nice portion and reasonable price.
29 Jan 2015 • 30 reviews • 0 follower

Yummy!

This is quality Vietnamese street food, tasty, reasonably priced and ideal for a quick lunch. Delicious!
18 Jan 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Bowl of Pepper Soup

I had seen Nam Nam and it's various branches around, and as lover of Vietnamese food, I was very excited to try it. I especially was psyched to try the Pho since they claimed not to use MSG, a flavor enhancer used to avoid making pho the right way.

I ordered a pho with steak, and it arrived to me with a mountain of black pepper. I managed to take some off before I took my exploratory spoonful of the broth to determine what I needed to add to flavor it up. The first spoonful was like consuming a whole bag of peppercorns, and I raced to think how to salvage the broth. I added all the usual condiments (Chili sauce, hoison, etc), but nothing could salvage the broth.

Against my better judgement, I asked for my soup to be replaced knowing that I would likely get another bowl of peppery soup. They reluctantly agreed shooting me a dirty look. My second bowl was much of the same, and I choked down the soup just because I was paying for it.

Bright side, their iced vietnamese coffee was passable. Never again.
29 Nov 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

bad bad service

Doesn't give two hoots about customer service at all. Two times that we have been there, just for take-away, knowing that their house is always full, they totally disregard our existence. The first time, we gave them the benefit of doubt but the second time it happened again. Totally unprofessional and poor customer service. Good and appetizing food, but customer service just ruin it all