Back to Nam Nam Noodle Bar#B1-47, Raffles City Shopping Centre, 252...

Pho12 votes
Ala Carte3 votes

Food Esteem
 • Tuesday at 12:59am 112 reviews 4 followers
Overall
For more details, please visit http://www.foodesteem.com/2014/09/namnam-noodle-bar.html
Simple menu, consisting of baguettes, noodles, side dishes, desserts and drinks of course. They also have breakfast and lunch value set, which is a super great deal when their ala-cartes are already priced so reasonably, targeting the general audience.

Vietnam Coffee with condensed milk ($2.60), and Lotus Tea ($2.60). I had the Vietnam coffee and loved it, as it tasted like drip coffee.

Pho Chicken ($7.90), with choice of either rice flour noodles or instant noodles. Strongly recommended to select the rice flour noodle, which looks like our "kway teow", but in white. After tasting both the rice flour and instant noodles, I believe you will begin to nod your head in approval.

Quang Style Egg Noodle ($10.90), which already uses egg noodles with pork rib, prawn, squid ball, fish ball, rice cracker and chopped herbs. Very much like this dry noodle. I interestingly shaked several drops of the Maggi seasoning on my noodles, and realized it added a sweeter twist to it.

Crispy Fried Banana, Sesame Seeds and Smoked Coconut Sauce ($3.90). Exactly like our traditional Malay snack, Pisang Goreng, but Nam Nam Noodle Bar also has warm coconut sauce to go with the banana, which I think is pretty unique and gives a different taste to the usual ones we had.

After Work, Ala Carte, Children/Family, Dinner, Lunch, People Watching, Vibrant/Noisy

Weekend Eat What
 • 25 May 2014 33 reviews 0 follower
Overall
For full review with pics, visit http://weekendeatwhatsg.blogspot.sg/2014/05/nam-nam-noodle-bar.html

On one fine night at 8.45pm, I saw there was no queue. Fate prevailed and I was destined to get my hands on a bowl of Nam Nam's pho. Finally!

The menu comprises of phos (Vietnamese noodle soups), banh mi (toasted baguettes with meat and vegetable fillings), and also other well known Vietnamese side dishes such as spring rolls. Prices are mostly below $10 (screammmm!!). Ordering is easy - Pay at the cashier and they will deliver the food.

We got the pho chicken ($7.90). The soup was flavourful and infused with herbs and spices (not sure but I think I tasted lemongrass, cinnamon, pepper), spring onions. The citrusy and peppery soup was boiled for 24 hours with the spices and it was tasty even without MSG. We can't really appreciate the lemony spices. I loved the thin flat noodles which were very smooth and slippery. The chicken was a little tough and not flavourful enough.

We got the crispy fried chicken ($4.90) as our side. I loved this a lot! The skin was caramelised with fish sauce and garnished with sesame seeds which gave it a crunchy and crispy texture on the outside, while the meat was tender on the inside.

The small restaurant was a little cramped but it was cosy enough with its red lanterns, kitchenware that invoked the nostalgic vibe, and newspaper-wallpapers, trying to bring a flavour of street food scene from Vietnam.

Overall, a good place for Vietnamese cuisine! They just opened a new outlet at Plaza Sing.

Must tries: Pho, crispy chicken wings

Mike Ong Yao H
 • 13 May 2014 14 reviews 18 followers
Overall
The restaurant is really quite small and there is hardly any space to move around. The queue is quite short in the afternoon and only waited for around 15 minutes. Previously, I remembered having to wait for 1 hour during the dinner timing.

Overall, I only recommended this restaurant if you are coming in small group (4people or less) or the queue is quite short as the restaurant is really small. Definitely not worth the few hours of queuing.

For full review, visit