Summary

Ambience3
Pho, Fresh Southern Rolls, Meatballs, Viet coffee with condensed milk View all
Lunch, After Work, Ala Carte View all

decent vietnamese chain

photos and more: http://andmorefood.wordpress.com/2014/08/05/namnam-noodle-bar-suntec-city/

standards have fallen since I came a while back – but it’s still good enough eating to still make a visit.   nam nam is part of the lauded les amis group, which is known for consistently decent food (as with aoki and their flagship restaurant), and that shows in the cooking: the humble pho retains its easy-going nature here, with not-obviously-MSGed broths cradling silky noodles and tender beef.   I particularly like their bouncy meatballs, which have a good mix of proper meat and gristle – just enough of the latter for a little interest and texture.

Most helpful reviews for Nam Nam Noodle Bar (Suntec City Mall)

Nice coffee

For full review, please visit https://phuachiuyen.wordpress.com/2014/02/27/nam-nam-noodle-bar-suntec-city/

$9.90 with a bowl of beef kuay tiao soup, side dish and vietnam coffee. A little herbal feel for the soup. Very slim kuay tiao and awesome thinly sliced beef. Coffee’s great too!!!!!!

$$ for chilli padi? thanks but no thanks

Honestly, food is okay. But what pissed me off is that they charged $$ when I asked for couple of small cut chillies. Value is pretty bad, understandable coz they're mall food. I recommend you look for other small joint authentic pho elsewhere.

My favourite place!

I chanced upon Nam Nam Noodle Bar once when I was dining out with a friend, and I must say that I've been hooked ever since! They have a lunch set which costs $9.90 for a drink (viet coffee/bottled water/lotus tea), a bowl of pho (chicken or beef soup) and a side/appetizer. The side started out with their freshly wrapped spring rolls, then changed to their salad. The current side is glutinous rice on a pandan leaf, which I'm not that fond of (I prefer their previous sides!) Still, it's extremely worth it for that price! The lunch set is only available from 10.00am-3.00pm, and it can be quite crowded once the lunch crowd sets in!

For the drink, I would really reccomend the Vietnamese coffee with condensed milk (iced). It has a really special taste which is not too thick and you can adjust the degree of bitterness by choosing how much condensed milk you'd like to add. The lotus tea, however, is a definite no. It's rather bland with a taste that reminds you of your regular dishwashing liquid-Mama Lemon.

My favourite pho would be the Pho Beef Combination ($10.00 a la carte), but the Pho Beef Steak Slices ($9.00 a la carte) that comes with the set is rather good as well!

The sides vary from time to time but if you're getting anything a la carte I'd reccomend the Fresh southern rolls ($5.20 a la carte), though they may be a little hard from time to time especially if you leave it there for a while. My favourite thing to add would then be the sweet and sour chilli which you can add into your pho and on the spring rolls-anywhere you'd like! It adds a tinge of sweet & sourness to your pho and is simply amazing-not spicy at all!

Poor Service!!

I had of my worst experience in the Nam nam noodles bar outlet at Suntec.One word to describe the experience atrocious.
 They made a mistakes on my order and they did not apologize. I had to wait for more than 40 minutes for the most horrible beef pho in my life. Excuse me! The standard office lunch is only 1 hours, 40 min Queuing and wait for food?? Service and the kitchen staff reaction are really slow and not efficient at all! The service staff are so outrightly rude and unbelievable,unprofessional super bad attitude! My colleague is pregnant and they served us uncooked beef and totally unrepentant when I informed them. I talked to the staff ( hosting Aunty) guess what she told me,just soap the beef longer at the soup, as the kitchen staff won't do any replacement! This is one of the poorest service and lousiest food place that I ever received. One things for sure, I will never step into this place again. This place lacks of businesses ethics and they don't bother whether they served edible food. I will tell all my colleagues to beware of their food hygiene. Poor and bad service attitude! I will ban this place forever!!

More a marketing concept than an authentic vietnamese restaurant

Disappointed... The taste of the broth they use for their Pho is so foreign to what I've already tried in other places in Vietnam and in restaurants opened by Vietnamese chefs (in Paris, LA and Vancouver). It just taste like a concept of Vietnamese food. Nevertheless, the decoration is nice.