Nanxiang Steamed Bun Restaurant has relocated!

Read and post reviews on Nanxiang Steamed Bun Restaurant at its new address

Nanxiang Steamed Bun Restaurant has relocated.

(Relocated) Nanxiang Steamed Bun Restaurant (南翔馒头店)

Summary

xiao long bao, Golden Fried Rice, braised duck, prawns with salted egg yolk, pumpkin cake, Deep Fried Cod Fish, Soup bun with the straw, Stir Fried Green Noodle with Crab Roe, Big Shanghai Xiao Long Bao, Chicken Pickled in Wine, Deep fried Or-Nee (Yam Pastry) with Sesame, Fried Nian Gao, Golden Pumpkin Cake, King sized soup bun; any of the smaller soup buns; noodles; pickled chicken, Lion Head meatballs in an onion sauce, Nanxiang Drunken Chicken, Nanxiang Small Dumplings, Salted egg yolk prawns, San Bei Chicken: Sauteed Basil Chicken with 3 sauces, Shanghai Pan-fried Dumpling, Shrimp wanton, Steamed Bun with Vegetable Stuffing, Steamed Crab Meat & Pork Buns, Steamed Jasmine Cakes, Steamed Nian Gao, fried rice and drunken chicken., fried rice drunken chicken, mango pudding, salted yolk prawn. pork floss fried rice, shanghai fried noodles (la mian), sheng jian bao, smoked fish, stir-fried duck meat View all
Lunch, Dinner, Children/Family, Vibrant/Noisy, After Work, Large Groups/Gathering, High Tea, Quiet, Business Dining, Supper, Ala Carte, Brunch, Buffet, Healthy Eating, Private Dining View all

Super expensive for the food. Lousy waitress

Waitress recommended 1 for 1 promotion which turned out to be false. This is despite me confirming with her several times. Food quantity is miserable. Worst of all they charge $1.50 for peanuts, $0.80 for water, $0.50 for towels per pax. All these subject to ++.

Most helpful reviews for (Relocated) Nanxiang Steamed Bun Restaurant

Nothing spectacular..

The food was nothing spectacular, however, as I went there with vouchers, I would consider it as a worthy meal.
$17.40 per person for a wide variety of choices for high tea.

I liked the ala carte dishes more as compared to the dim sum.
Their service were not very good. Yes, there was a crowd, but the restaurant was not full house. Yet, the food were served quite slowly. Some of our orders took 20-30minutes to arrive and some of our orders were missed out. That said, I still think it's worth a try.

For pictures and detailed review, check out:

Bad service from the MANAGER of Nanxiang

I hate to say this. The food were alright and the staffs were all kind and sweet, but there is this manager (he's the only one wearing normal clothes instead of uniform, guessed it that way) that totally spoilt our food experience.

What happened was a staff missed one whole row of orders under one section, we noticed it because the orders which were taken down were usually striked out with pencil, but there is this whole section which remained unmarked.

When we get to our second round of orders, we naturally assumed that they forgot all about the unmarked food, because they did not even strike them out. But during our second round of orders, which is another column by the way, they suddenly realized they did not send the first round of food (maybe because they suddenly realized it was unmarked)! So, they sent the food, but by that time, we did not want it anymore.

We told that to the manager, since he was the nearest person around, big mistake! He was so mad at us when we asked him to stop two dishes which came out, he said and I quote him,"随便,反正你们有钱" (whatever, since you guys are rich), and before we could retort, he just went away. I swear the other tables around went as quiet as us, because of the way he delivered this line, both crude and uncivilized.

Once again, I hate to say this, but I might never go back again, voucher or no voucher.

CNY Prospertiy set menu at a reasonable price

For full review, please visit: http://ilovedawn00.blogspot.sg/2015/02/food-review-cny-prosperity-peking-duck.html

On top of this, I must mention that i really love their soup dumplings, they are gigantic and soup is to be slurpped by a straw. They have recently made improvisations to this and soup has improved greatly.

Overall. Everything, sucks!!!

The service really sucks, and the $69 promotion meal is totally a joke, they tell me everything is two potions, but they serve me only one small potion of most of things, they say it is combined by two potions, I really feel very bad about this, they think customers are idiots?
And the aunties, they look tired and don't really want to serve people.
I can't get my$69 back, but I will never ever go to this place again!!!!!!!

Not Worthy, don't get conned!

Bought "Dim Sum" advertised through Qoo10. Claimed priced at $35 offering $16.90. Good food enriches your soul. Was so looking forward to it, but the reality of the food here is a FAR CRY from the food advertised. what's served are cold oily fried stuff that's left over cooked, taste like s*** food ready to rot. Highly NOT RECOMMENDED for consumption if you treasure your health.