Review for Nara Thai Restaurant (ION Orchard)

3.1

AsianChineseThai
Address: #B3-21, ION Orchard, 2 Orchard Turn, 238801
06 Apr 2014
Overall

Exceptionally good quality food and good service!

As a Filipino worked and live here, I would say that Singaporeans are mostly the same with Filipinos in terms of being family oriented and innate food lovers. From the great variety of food, the many places of interest and diverse culture of its people. I’m born with native filipino dishes but when friends introduce me Narathai Restaurant one of the newest restaurant along the busy Orchard City just across Lucky Plaza building (Filipino mall). Me and other colleagues from work dine and tried their dishes.

Hors d'oeuvre Nara - An assorted platter of Nara's best selling appetizers ranging from salad to grilled and fried items.

Tom Yum Kung –with strong Aroma of Lemongrass. Refreshing taste of lime and lemongrass and spice from chili)

Phu Nim Phad Pong Karee - Stir fried soft shell crab with yellow curry)

Pla Kra Pong Nung Manao - steam whole sea bass with refreshing homemade Lime chili sauce with a tint of spice. Aroma of Lime and Garlic)

Kuay Tiew Rua ( Ayuthaya Boat Noodles with Beef ) - Sweet Aroma of Homemade broth infused with pandan. strong flavors of broth with thai spices and tender beef slices

The taste is so great, one of the best Thai style I’ve ever tasted which was just brilliant due to freshness of ingredients, crisp and just rightly cooked Quality. Restaurant is very cozy and staffs (filipino, thai and locals) are very accommodating and friendly and fast in service. It’s one of my best experience. My hope lies in the filipino-born generation, born with Filipino hospitality in my veins, craving the comforting tastes I know from home, but worldly enough to adapt it to their cosmopolitan palates.

More reviews of Nara Thai Restaurant

Great place

Super friendly staff, delicious green curry with blue rice and amazing sticky rice with mango and very nice design. A little oasis in a crazy crowded mall. We're glad we found this, we can really recommend this place.
Overall

Lousy Food at Exorbitant Prices!

We had our dinner today at the much renowed so-called authentic Thai food at Nara Thai Ion outlet. After ordering our food, 4 of our dishes came in 5 mins. The soft shell crab in curry and fried beef in basil can be cooked in 5 mins? True enough, it seemed the food were pre cooked and luke warm. The otar we ordered also taste weird. Their specialty  Blue Jasmine Rice tase horrible too. The mango salad and tomyum taste ordinary. Even the Thai food at Bangkok Jam (Great World City outlet is the best) and Bali Thai serve better Thai food at affordable prices. A total disappointment at Nara Thai. Definitely wont visit again.

Top notch Thai Cuisine.

Nara Thai is an upscale Thai Restaurant that took over Burger King's spot at the basement of Ion Orchard. Originally founded in Thailand in 2003 by a group of female entrepreneurs, their dishes draw inspirations from authentic recipes that have been reinvented and modernised. Classy and contemporary interior settings, polished and warm service, the dining experience at Nara Thai definitely leaves a lasting impression and a trail of dust for its competitors to pick up.

Please visit https://whattoeatah.wordpress.com/2015/05/02/nara-thai-ion-orchard/?preview=true&preview_id=1031&preview_nonce=2900a4cbc2 for the full review.

You can also visit me on Instagram @whattoeatah
Overall

Too expensive and equitable service

I probably never come back to this place. I went there with 2 of my friends. We ordered tom yum soup at $19.90, $10.90 for a plate of veggies and minced pork basil thai styled $16, 3 portions of jasmine rice for $2 each and 3 portable cup of thai iced tea at 5.90 each (All prices are subjected gst and serivce charge). Ealier we thought that'd be so full. However, when the food came out, we were all astonished that the portions were much undersized as in the menu demonstrated (1 minus point). The food took around 30 mins to approach us. Luckily, we didn't have to q for seats but I felt it's not worth the value and time. With the same price, u probably can find a good-quality of Japanese restaurant.

Disgrace to the Nara brand

This Singapore branch is a disgrace to the Nara brand. I frequent their Nara branch in Central World when I am in Bangkok. BIG difference in service and quality.

They don't even have simple plain white rice. Give this one a miss.