Summary

soft shell crab with yellow curry, DIY Condiment Ice Cream, kaeng som cha om kung sod, phad thai, tom yum, Fish cakes, Green chicken curry with blue rice, MOO YANG JIM JAEW, PLA KRA PONG YANG, Sticky rice with mango, larb tord, nam prik long rua, phunim phad pong karee, steam seabass with chilli and lime, tom, tom yum soup View all
After Work, Ala Carte, Business Dining, Birthdays, Brunch, Anniversary View all

Exceptionally good quality food and good service!

As a Filipino worked and live here, I would say that Singaporeans are mostly the same with Filipinos in terms of being family oriented and innate food lovers. From the great variety of food, the many places of interest and diverse culture of its people. I’m born with native filipino dishes but when friends introduce me Narathai Restaurant one of the newest restaurant along the busy Orchard City just across Lucky Plaza building (Filipino mall). Me and other colleagues from work dine and tried their dishes.

Hors d'oeuvre Nara - An assorted platter of Nara's best selling appetizers ranging from salad to grilled and fried items.

Tom Yum Kung –with strong Aroma of Lemongrass. Refreshing taste of lime and lemongrass and spice from chili)

Phu Nim Phad Pong Karee - Stir fried soft shell crab with yellow curry)

Pla Kra Pong Nung Manao - steam whole sea bass with refreshing homemade Lime chili sauce with a tint of spice. Aroma of Lime and Garlic)

Kuay Tiew Rua ( Ayuthaya Boat Noodles with Beef ) - Sweet Aroma of Homemade broth infused with pandan. strong flavors of broth with thai spices and tender beef slices

The taste is so great, one of the best Thai style I’ve ever tasted which was just brilliant due to freshness of ingredients, crisp and just rightly cooked Quality. Restaurant is very cozy and staffs (filipino, thai and locals) are very accommodating and friendly and fast in service. It’s one of my best experience. My hope lies in the filipino-born generation, born with Filipino hospitality in my veins, craving the comforting tastes I know from home, but worldly enough to adapt it to their cosmopolitan palates.

Most helpful reviews for Nara Thai Restaurant (ION Orchard)

Authentic Thai food and warm hospitality!

On both occasions which I chose Nara over other Thai restaurants, my clients, friends and I were greeted with an amazing experience and good food that keeps us going back for more!

After hearing of the renowned Thai franchise opening in Singapore, I brought my business clients from Brazil, to Nara for the first time. Having experienced much Thai fanfare, I wanted them to have the warm Thai hospitality and satisfy their love for Thai cuisine -- Nara certainly impressed! Not only did my clients commend the quality of the food, service was attentive during a very full dinner service!

I love that I can sample the less conventional Thai street food in a comfortable setting with good service, while popular Thai dishes exceeded expectations! You will be wow-ed by its extensive menu of 100+ dishes!

Dishes are well-presented and we were impressed with freshness of seafood, generous portions of prawns! (both mango and pomelo salad)
Tom Yum Kung boasts a flavorful experience of well-blended sourness and tingling spice.

Pla kra pong chao sua (fried whole sea bass with pickled garlic, peppercorn and herbs) -- crispy outside and flavorful inside meant it was well deep-fried!

My second visit was for our friend's birthday. With a party of 7, we tried more dishes and also sampled a couple of their alcoholic cocktails that complimented the food. We thoroughly enjoyed it!

Some of the remarkable dishes include Larb Tord (spicy northeastern pork balls) which we rarely find in menus elsewhere. It has a twist in its flavor which would only do justice to the dish if you tried it yourself!
The popular pandan chicken is amazingly flavorful and retaining lots of juiciness, often too dry in other places. Stir-fried eggplant w/ mince pork and basil lend a unique take on the basil pork dish, as it adds crunch and roundedness to the dish - worth trying! Till this day..the Soft shell crab in yellow curry ceaselessly whets my appetite whenever I think of it! Our all-time FAV! They term it one of the things to eat before you die...hell yeah, they're right!

Ambience is light-hearted for one to experiment varierty while experiencing warm Thai hospitality, balanced with the knowledge that these people have a serious passion about serving consistent good food!

Great for a business meal, gatherings and even an intimate catch-ups.

Because you do not get your average Thai food in Nara, we'd say, go with your heart, go crazy, try flavours you haven't had, experiment with street food you do not get in other Thai restaurants...
I commend the people behind Nara for the impeccable service everytime I visited and the ability to bring a wide range of authentic dishes to encapsulate well the balance of sweet, sour, bitter, salty - as the waitresses introduced us... tantalises our tastebuds with every visit and heightens Thai-cuisine experience!

I'd say, try it! And let yourself be amazed by the wonders of Thai :)

Worth a try!

Went on a sat night around 7.30pm and the queue time was around 5mins-10mins.

We ordered:
Tom Yum Kung: Spicy and tasty soup, with two fresh and huge prawns and some mushrooms. $19.90. Must try

Green Mango Salad: Spicy and sourish, very appetising. $12.90. Must try.

Phad Thai noodles: $14.90. ordered with soft shell crab but came with chicken. So so only. Will not order again.

Thai Ice Tea: $5.90. Very small glass and pretty standard thai ice tea drink. Over-priced.

We spent $63 for 2 pax. Not too bad, will go back again to try other dishes but do note that their serving for everything is very small, good for 2-3pax sharing only.

disappointing Thai food

Such a disappointment as we were looking forward to trying this place. The mango salad was too sour and 4 of us could not finish it..green curry came in a tiny bowl and not impressive at all. The $32 fish was overcooked, too 'meshy' and not well flavored. Pork collar was even worse, it had bad taste of pork that is stale and frozen! We could not have another bite. Only saving grace was the ok drinks, one curry prawn dish and the coconut ice cream. But still it was a $200 for 4 pax and we left barely feeling full...

Not so good now

We have always been going to Nara Thai and we love their food. However when we went yesterday we didn't enjoy much. What's with the blue Jasmine rice ?? Why can't they offer white ? Am not sure about others but it's not very appetizing to me . We ordered Tom Yum Kung soup a dish that we adore the most in this restaurant and it was the saddest one we had yesterday... The menu shows it as white computed..outs wasn't white ... It was fiery red and extremely chilli... There was no taste of the sweet coconut cream or milk that's is added. when we called the waiter  first a lady just smiled... Didn't say anything! Then another waiter comes and talka as if we are having the dish for the first time ... Come on... If  you are the best Thai restaurants and some customer is not happy at least ask the chef to come and speak, instead of a waiter who thinks he can just say anything and we'll be fine with it !!

Lousy Food at Exorbitant Prices!

Food/Drink 2| Ambience 3| Service 2

We had our dinner today at the much renowed so-called authentic Thai food at Nara Thai Ion outlet. After ordering our food, 4 of our dishes came in 5 mins. The soft shell crab in curry and fried beef in basil can be cooked in 5 mins? True enough, it seemed the food were pre cooked and luke warm. The otar we ordered also taste weird. Their specialty  Blue Jasmine Rice tase horrible too. The mango salad and tomyum taste ordinary. Even the Thai food at Bangkok Jam (Great World City outlet is the best) and Bali Thai serve better Thai food at affordable prices. A total disappointment at Nara Thai. Definitely wont visit again.