Review for New Green Pasture Health Food Trading

Vegetarian
SimplyAngeline • 23 Oct 2009 • 69 Reviews • 11 Followers

Pricy yet delicious vegetarian food

Top dish: Soba Salad, $7.50!

We love the soba salad! It has a sweet tangy sauce that blends very well with the soba noodles & the greens. There were plenty of vegetables in the soba salad such as dou miao, carrots, pomelo, baby tomatoes, beetroots, seaweeds etc. And the best part was the crunchy brown rice crackers which we enjoyed most!

(J: I love e pomelo & I'm always digging for them!)

A's rating: 4.75/5, J's rating: 4.6/5

No. 2: Brown Rice Set, $7.50

It was the unpolished brown rice served with different vegetables. We like the unpolished brown rice with the husk as it is crunchier compared to the normal brown rice. The vegetables? Hmmm, ordinary & can be slightly bland to some of u but hey, tts healthy! =P Pls pardon us for e unglamorous pics as they were taken using our handphones. Will update again when I retake using my camera.

J's & A's rating: 4.5/5

Golden Pillow (Jin Zhen Tou)

We tried this new dish yesterday & it made it to our top 3 list! Golden Pillow, $8 was made by using 5 grains bread (almonds, sunflower seeds, walnut, sesame seeds & e last we arent v sure. Shall ask Sophia e next time we visit again), toasted and stuffed with the various veggies. The sauce used for Golden Pillow was different from the soba salad and seaweed roll. It was sweet and slightly spicy. The 5 grain bread was the best we had tasted so far! Even better than Cedele's bread! Perfectly toasted to give the crispiness on the outside and the bread is soo soft inside tt u can actually easily split e loaf into half despite it having e texture of a french loaf! So crunchy with e nuts inside the bread! The serving itself is HUGE. Got to share it with someone so that you could try other dishes as well!

A's rating: 4.5/5, J's rating: 4.6/5

Seaweed roll (Vegetarian sushi roll w/o rice) $4.50

This is another dish that ladies would like. It has the sweet tangy sauce found in the soba salad combined with the different vegetables. (A: It would make a good starter in my opinion. Very appetising!)

Walnut Sesame Paste, $2.50

People who would like to try a healthier black sesame paste gotta try this! The walnut sesame paste here was made from freshly grind black sesame and cooked using soya milk! It was not too sweet and heavy from the normal black sesame paste but you could still taste the individual sesame seeds! However, their quality can be inconsistent at times.

Pumpkin Chestnut Brown Rice, $9.50

(A: I love pumpkin! What I like about this dish was the nice fragrance of pumpkin mixed with the brown rice. Chunks of chestnuts could also be found in the rice.)

(J: I love e crunch from e chestnuts which added e nutty fragrance to e brown rice. However, this brown rice is alr polished & lacked e crunchy bite unlike e brown rice set.)

Bi Bim Bap (Hot Stone Rice), $9.50

Just like the normal korea Bi Bim Bap, the ones here was served with a spicy sauce as well but it tasted better on its own! Instead of meat and egg which is normally found in bi bim bap, mock meat (tofu) and chestnuts were used instead. Piping hot rice mixed with the greens. Couldn't stopped ourselves from eating!

(J: I love e charred rice at e bottom of e hot stone!)

J's & A's rating: 4.25/5

Visit SistaFood for full write-up and more reviews!
soba noodle, bibimbap, brown rice set
Recommended for