Summary

Beer, Crackling Roast Pork, Fish & Chips, Pork chop, pork, steak, Black pepper chicken, Hainanese roast pork, chicken salad, clams in beer stock, next time going for fish & chips, pork fillet View all
After Work, Dinner, Lunch, Vibrant/Noisy, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Large Groups/Gathering, Boys Night Out, Chillout, Girls Night Out, Live Band, Cheap Eat/Budget, Hidden Find, Supper View all

Nice cosy setting with good food

Went during lunch - they have daily set lunches which ranges from $14++ to below $20. the set comes with a soup, a drink and a bun. the bun was toasted and warm with they serve, so it feels great.

we tried the spaghetti bolognese (ala carte, not in the lunch set) and chicken cordon bleu lunch set. loved it! the bolognese was very thick and flavourful with the beef and herbs. the cordon bleu is impressive as it was crispy and flavourful. not too oily nor coying.

We spent about $33 for 2. would love to come back again.

Most helpful reviews for The New Harbour Cafe & Bar

UTTERLY DISAPPOINTING SERVICE

Went to the cafe for a farewell lunch with my colleagues after getting some recommendations from our friends but we were TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED not by the food but the SERVICE.

An enjoyable lunch turn out to be DISASTROUS when we found white crawling insects which looks like maggots in our ketchup bottle after we finished our main course. We highlighted the issue to one of the waiter but nothing was done by the cafe, no apologies and explanation was given. One of the senior waitress even came with a bowl of ketchup sauce, claiming that there were no flies or insects in it. She even have the audacity to question us and tell us that we should have told them about it while we were eating. This form of customer service is totally UNACCEPTABLE. We inform the cafe out of courtesy and concern for other customers who would be dining there only to receive this form of treatment from the staff, no explanation or apology was given. The only thing we got was sacarsm from the staff. This was what the senior waitress said, " THANK YOU for informing us about it after your meal" and she rolled her eyes.   I mean why are we even paying the cafe customer service when this is the type of service we get.

We are ABSOLUTELY DISAPPOINTED with the cafe. Despite the nice chill ambience and relatively good food, we would NEVER EVER go back to the cafe again unless we are utterly bored and in desperate need to get pissed off by other people.

not fantastic

Food/Drink 1| Value 1| Ambience 1

Bad service staff. Insist that we ordered the crispy pork and even pointed her fingers at my friends. Bad attitude... Nothing fantastic about the food. Don't recommend going

Muddy Clam Soup & Poor Service

I had always like their clam soup but after last night's experience, I think I will never touch it again. Halfway through my soup, I found a clam with black mud in it and soon the soup turned muddy. I felt disgusted and told the Filipino waitress about it when she was clearing the bowl of clam shells. I told her politely to inform the chef to check before he starts serving to other customers. She said nothing and walked away. No apology. Nothing! Very disappointing.

Nice chill out place

Been here a few times and usually after work to have a drink and to have my all time favorite black peppet chicken!

Atrocious service!

Don't waste your time and money here. So the roast pork and wings are not too bad but it's not worth the risk of having your evening ruined by utterly bad service. Staff are rude and sure make you feel like you owe them big money. I don't wish to elaborate more cos it makes my blood boil all over again. This was my 2nd time there ( cos everyone deserves a 2nd chance) & sadly, both experiences have been most unpleasant. I don't ever write negative reviews cos I don't want to slam any businesses. My only contributions here are in the form of thumbs up for many other good restaurants but today I really felt compelled to express a little more for this place cos a happy birthday celebration was completely ruined by their appalling service and beyond bad attitude.