Summary

Value3
cheese prata, maggie goreng double, nasi briyani, prata, pratas, Mozzarella cheese prata with chicken curry!!, Teh-Halia, maggie goreng, milo dinosaur, tissue prata View all
Supper, After Work, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Vibrant/Noisy, Boys Night Out, Breakfast, Brunch, Cheap Eat/Budget, Children/Family, People Watching, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Chillout View all

Lousy pratas

Just when we were about to step into the eatery, a staff stopped us in our tracks and told us to wait. Then he proceeded to take the order of some customers sitting near the entrance. We were baffled since it didn’t seem like we had to be led to tables.

In any case, we weren’t able to move. The staff had struck a pose while he wrote, leaning forward with his palm firmly planted on the table, bent at the waist and his backside ostensibly jutting out, thus blocking the way.

Nothing we could do but wait. Then he simply walked away when he was done, without even acknowledging us. w**?!?!

We let the matter slide and started perusing the menu. There were plenty of flavored pratas but my benchmark has always been the plain one.

Our drinks came really fast. My horlicks ($1.10) was exceedingly sweet while K’s water chestnut ($1.70) was alright.

As for the pratas, the plain ($0.90) failed miserably! Full of holes, I bet the dough was very small to begin with and then stretched beyond capacity. There’s no texture to speak of, it being devoid of fluffy layers and totally lacking in crispiness.

The cheese ($3) fared better only because of the filling, but the dough was unremarkable.

We thought the sardine murtabak ($6.50) contained too little ingredients, so the mouthfeel wasn’t all that great even though the flavor was passable.

Also, the accompanying curry didn’t pack much heat and was disappointingly bland.

Needless to say, our experience was downright dismal and we undeniably regretted this trip.

Total damage: $17.10 nett

Most helpful reviews for Niqqi's The Cheese Prata Shop

Cold Prata

I brought my wife to this joint from her Science Park Office, telling her that this prata stall is relatively popular. I was disappointed that the quality was really bad that day. It was 2:30pm, Chinese new Year eve, not crowded at all. I ended up embarassing myself for saying that the food is quite good.

We ordered a tissue prata, cheese prata and a normal plain prata. The cheese and the plain prata came first and I was so surprise that the plain prata can be so cold and soggy. The curry is really nothing to shout about as well.

The cheese prata is slightly better, not as soggy but they are so stingy on the amount of cheese used and the size is slightly bigger than the plain prata. I felt cheated having to pay $3 for this cheese prata. The tissue prata is the only one that I feel have some standard.

Together with the Teh Halia, I spent $7.10 in total for an afternoon snack. Not worth it for such quality of prata. I think

Ants in my prata

Went to this stall for dinner & was served a plate of ants infested prata. What made matters worse was that the plate was taken away swiftly with no apology. Instead I got an angry stare as if I had placed the ants there.

Tasty food and quick service

My wife and I visited this evening for some food. My wife had the Chicken Biryani and I had a double portion of Beef Noodles. We had three plain Prata's. My wife's chicken was well cooked and the curry gravy was excellent, tasty with just the right amount of heat. My Beef Noodles were very tasty ( I recommend squeezing two or three green limes over for added flavor ) We both had fresh juice drinks and the bill was a very reasonable $21. I liked this place very much and would visit again!!

Tissue and cheese prata anytime, any day

Good thing is it is virtually open everyday 24hrs... chocolate tissue prata is like quick fix for depression...

Check out my other hangout places in Singapore: