Reviews for Nolboo Hangari Galbi (Orchard Central)

AsianBarbecueKoreanSteak and Grills

Spicy Korean Steamboat

First try for us, after that I didn't go back, even now and then I passes by so many times.  The steamboat was alright for us, however, the side dishes weren't as good as compared.
18 Jan 2015 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

Poor service, Overpriced food

I'm so disappointed with this restaurant that i created an account just for this. Saw attractive posters outside and decided to go in for dinner. Ordered bulgogi (39.90) and pork belly (19.90), thinking that they will be great. Staff who attended to us didnt understand english at all. Communicated to him only in very poor and broken english. After awhile, two small complimentary bowls of congee were served. They tasted horrible. Bulgogi came after that and we were shocked. It contained rice cakes, sausages, ham, tofu and luncheon meat. No more than 7 pieces per item. We were shocked as it was totally not worth the price!!! Even the ramen that we told the waiter to add in was missing. The pork belly took an awfully long time to come. Contrary to expectations, it was tough and hard to chew. Of the entire pork belly, only 30% were lean meat. Side dishes were poor as well, with no free refill. Staff were very unattentive and most of them could not speak proper english, making us very confused at times. It was a very bad experience. I would never visit again. Rather spend the $70.35 at kiseki buffet, just beside the restaurant.
15 Jan 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

BEWARE OF HIDDEN COSTS & THE RUDE CHINESE MAN.

My experience here was so bad that I created an account just to leave a negative review here! When our bill came, we checked and found that the wet wipes were chargeable. Hence, we returned our unused wet wipes to the waitress and asked her to regenerate the bill. She came back to us with the SAME bill and said she cannot remove the wet wipes from the bill. When asked why she merely said "cannot" and directed us to speak with the manager, a short and fat Chinese man, who was extremely rude! He said every patron is charged for the wet wipes, regardless of whether or not you use it. Does that make sense? All establishments I have been to have allowed for their customers to waive the wet wipes, peanuts, appetisers etc if not consumed and/or returned. Why should you have to pay for something you don't want/use? This is the first time I've come across a mandatory "hidden fee" in the wet wipes! Pocketing an extra $0.50 per customer will easily amount to an additional $100 with 200 customers a day! When asked if in future, before I place my orders, I could request for no wet wipes to be billed to my table, he replied a rude and arrogant NO. Out of exasperation, I remarked to my partner "in future don't need to come already", to which the Chinese man had the cheek to reply "UP TO YOU".

I dine out frequently and have come across restaurants with all sorts of faults, but nothing quite spoils a meal as badly as terrible (or rather, non-existent) service. I scrolled back to look at the other negative reviews and I'm surprised to find that this fat Chinese man has been showing poor attitude even way back in 2009! Not quite sure why YESALLSORTSOFboo is still in existence cos it seems like this fat Chinese man is not keen on running a business. I review restaurants frequently on social media and I have quite an audience, so I'm definitely boycotting and telling all my friends about it! Not even worth a star!
14 Dec 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Nolboo Hangari Galbi - Top up $3 to have more lettuce for your BBQ, seriously?

We were loitering around hunting for food when we came across Nolboo Hangari Galbi at Orchard Central. It looks decent at first, so we decided to give it a try.

The service was awful. we waited a while at the reception, and the staff doesnt seem interested to entertain us. We did not really had a choice of where we prefered to sit, the other tables were claimed to be reserved (which there were customer who randomly walk in later and took the seats). We believe it was a marketing strategy to seat us by the main door to attract more customer.

The food was average. We ordered a BBQ wine pork belly and kimchi pancake. Despite the pathetic amount of lettuce that was served at the beginning, we were shocked to find out we need to top up $3 to refill the lettuce. I had never experience this at any of the Korean BBQ restaurant before. We started to wonder whether we will be charged for the kimchi that we requested.

To visit again? No, definitely not.