Back to Nonya DelicatessenBukit Timah Shopping Centre, 1 Jalan Anak...

Duke Luke
 • 18 Aug 2013 8 reviews 0 follower
Overall
The food is good - almost every item is good, almost.  i love especially the mee siam, and the tau suan.  Some of the kueys are really nice as well.  That's the good part of this cafe.

The bad parts are many:
* Though the seating has expanded, there are still insufficient seats when there is a crowd.
* The prices are inching up rather quickly.  It is getting to be rather pricey eating there.
* The opening hours are no longer shown.  Last Sat, we had to wait for about 1 hour.  We were told it would open at 12.15pm.  (Last time it was 11.30pm).  But at 12.25pm, the queue was not even moving.  If not for my daughter who would act up I would have not even bothered waiting.  When some patrons complained about having to wait so long, they were told "It's nothing.  You were early".  (The audacity of it.  Your stall was late in opening and we were faulted for being suckers for waiting).
* I noticed the trend - everytime some people catered for food, the cafe goes out of whack.  They become late in opening as they tend to the caterees.  Everyone else have to wait.
* The gentleman serving is trying to be nice and tries to chat up every customer, and tries very hard to upsell you with other dishes.  Thank you but hello, can you serve faster?

Seriously, there are many good places for food in Singapore and if this cafe is too successful for its own good, then it is time people spend their time and money elsewhere.  You want to leave an eating place feeling happy about your meal and what you paid for it.  But not so for this cafe lately.  I'm so disappointed now that as for me and my family, we are staying away.

Must tries: Chendol agar-agar, Tau Suan, Mee Siam

Brunch

neleh.g
 • 11 Jan 2011 111 reviews 0 follower
Overall
For a humble little stall, they sell pretty good Mee Siam and maybe even laksa. Ambience isn't that good as it isn't within an area but more like a walkway where tables and chairs are set up for customers.

Hydrogen
 • 30 Apr 2007 45 reviews 10 followers
Overall
This little nonya koisk in Bukit Timah Plaza is no longer a secret, judging by the length of the queue during lunch time. This little koisk is famous for their laksa, mee siam, nasi kuning, and nasi lemak. Not all dishes are available everyday. Check with boss.

Note this is a koisk, not a restaurant. There are a couple of tables laid out next to the koisk along the walkway for customers. BTP does not have a proper food court so there are quite a number of such makan koisks. Cheap eat this place is not. Typical food court prices you shall expect.

BTW, there's another Nonya koisk in Bukit Timah Plaza located on the 2nd floor. Directly above Nonya Deli. Apparently these two stalls are related and were featured in 8 Days. The other place is called A&J Nonya Delicacy.

My opinion of A&J? Delicacy my foot! The foot was only so so. Think an average hawker stall sells better food. The service was absolutely terrible. Took their own sweet time to prepare the food but was very fast in collecting money. Don't expect a smile from them. Arrogant fools! And to think that 8 Days rated A&J higher than Nonya Deli. Sometimes I wonder if the editors in 8 Days even have taste buds! Terrible recommendations. Never trust 8 Day's recommendations. Not Makan King (see my review on Village Wok.)

You are better off with Nonya Deli. But do go there early. The food tend to run out quickly. I went there once around 2ish and ordered some mee siam and chin chow drinks. They tasted watered down.

Peace.