Back to Nonya DelicatessenBukit Timah Shopping Centre, 1 Jalan Anak...
Duke Luke
 • 18 Aug 2013 8 reviews 0 follower
Overall
The food is good - almost every item is good, almost.  i love especially the mee siam, and the tau suan.  Some of the kueys are really nice as well.  That's the good part of this cafe.

The bad parts are many:
* Though the seating has expanded, there are still insufficient seats when there is a crowd.
* The prices are inching up rather quickly.  It is getting to be rather pricey eating there.
* The opening hours are no longer shown.  Last Sat, we had to wait for about 1 hour.  We were told it would open at 12.15pm.  (Last time it was 11.30pm).  But at 12.25pm, the queue was not even moving.  If not for my daughter who would act up I would have not even bothered waiting.  When some patrons complained about having to wait so long, they were told "It's nothing.  You were early".  (The audacity of it.  Your stall was late in opening and we were faulted for being suckers for waiting).
* I noticed the trend - everytime some people catered for food, the cafe goes out of whack.  They become late in opening as they tend to the caterees.  Everyone else have to wait.
* The gentleman serving is trying to be nice and tries to chat up every customer, and tries very hard to upsell you with other dishes.  Thank you but hello, can you serve faster?

Seriously, there are many good places for food in Singapore and if this cafe is too successful for its own good, then it is time people spend their time and money elsewhere.  You want to leave an eating place feeling happy about your meal and what you paid for it.  But not so for this cafe lately.  I'm so disappointed now that as for me and my family, we are staying away.

Must tries: Chendol agar-agar, Tau Suan, Mee Siam