Back to Nuvo#02-100, Marina Square Shopping Mall, 6 Raffles Boulevard

Alfresco/Outdoor Dining3 votes
Anniversary3 votes
Large Groups3 votes
View/Scenery3 votes

Festive Feasting 2014 - Christmas Week Set. Other deals are available, find out more

Food loose
 • 22 Nov 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
Wanted to try this place after reading some positive comments but turned out to be super terrible experience. Came here today with family to celebrate my son's 17th birthday. They did not put in any effort to make customers satisfaction for special occasion but instead they charge 'cake corkage' if you bring your own cake there :(

We ordered the 30licious promo by Amex and turn out to be such a disappointment. Portion is extremely small trust me, I'm not exaggerating. We order the osso buco as entre` and only 1 tiny fried oyster served.... where's the bone marrow???? My family were joking about the main course which we ordered - kurobuta pork belly that serving could be just 1 tiny slice based on the entre` portion, guess what? we were right!!!!! 1 miserable slice of pork belly served.

The highlight of tonight was supposed to be the surprise birthday dessert that Nuvo promise to serve with candles but end up another disappointment. The panna cotta served without candle so I asked if they can provide candle. The waiter told us the dessert is too soft to put candle not even 1 candle. Ok I can understand and didn't want to make a fuss but he hold the bowl and shake the dessert just to prove that it was soft and the panna cotta went swinging in the bowl making the dessert look DISGUSTING. Come on, the dessert was supposed to be my son's so call birthday cake and the waiter just ruin the whole d*** highlight.

The whole ambience, experience, service and food portion are total let down. Taste was nothing spectacular and no wow factor. Will never come back. Worst dining experience and worst thing is celebration dinner.

chefquak
 • 10 Sep 2014 212 reviews 1 follower
Overall
ee my full reviews & photos at = http://chefquak.com/2014/09/10/affordable-nouveau-lunch-sets-nuvo-on-8sep2014/

a friend recommended nuvo. the ongoing S$15pax set lunches looked ok (even though it had a lot of supplements for dish selections) so 6 of us went for lunch on 8.9.2014. chef mark richards hailed from keystone and excelled in sous vide techniques.
the restaurant was located at the food edition at marina square at the corner facing citylink mall & suntec convention centre.
we were debating the name. i googled afterwards but there was no special meaning associated with the word so likely nuvo was just short for nouveau.

a practice that did not find favour with me was NOT serving tap water. we ordered 1 still & 1 sparkling for 6pax. they cost S$4.50each for a 500ml bottle.

the olive focaccia bread with herb butter was pretty good, ok.
there were 3 choices of starters & main courses & 2 choices of dessert.
i thought my spiced carrot soup (top photo) with mascarpone, croutons & honey was really good & of fine dining standard. it was creamy, smooth in texture & flavourful, looked wonderful as well!
the smoked salmon with wasabi cream, furikake & baby spinach came with S$3 supplement. it looked great & appetising. the thick square cuts looked like more like ceviche, cured or sashimi. my friends all liked the dish. i asked 1 friend afterwards. he said the combination of flavours with the baby spinach was great.
the tempura soft shell crab had S$4 supplement. soft shell crab not my favourite dish but this looked fine & no complaints on the taste.
3 of us took the grilled pork collar on our friend’s recommendations. 2 took the risotto & 1 took the pesto cold soba.
the pork collar had good consistent texture of sous vide. the chef is famous for his sous vide cuisine. the friend who took cold soba & i both commented that the pork collar was kind of lean. i personally would prefer it the usual fatty collar. the 2 other friends prefer it lean. fries were good. mash/cold slaw? were good too. i didn’t take much of either.
the squid risotto looked a bit skimpy to me. 5 or 6 pieces of squid on risotto. i asked 1 friend afterwards. he agreed it was kind of plain.
the friend who took soba said it was too salty & maybe the set lunch was not that great for the price. i said a zaru soba could cost S$12 to S$15 so everything depended on how good the taste.
i had excellent panna cotta at pizzeria balognett at tremezzo, i thought i would give the singapore version a try since it looked quite good. it was pretty good – light, smooth texture – but nothing amazing. the green tea mochi also looked competent.
overall including S$1.50pax for the mineral water, my share came to S$25++ (S$30nett). to me it was pretty ok & something i would not mind doing again.

The Ranting Panda
 • 06 Sep 2014 177 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Read more of our review at http://therantingpanda.com/2014/09/04/food-review-nuvo/

The Place There are a couple of new restaurants in Marina Square after its massive revamp. We checked out Nuvo recently, a contemporary Italian-Japanese fusion restaurant helmed by Executive Chef Mark Richards. Mark shared with us that a lot of his dishes on the menu are conceptualised through his own experimentation and he looks to introduce new dishes to the menu periodically. In the competitive F&B scene, we could only agree that this is certainly welcoming.

Must tries: Smoked Uni Carbona, Baked Olive Black Cod

After Work, Ala Carte, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Brunch, Corporate Events, Dinner, Fine Dining, Hidden Find, Large Groups/Gathering, Lunch, Nice Deco, Quiet, Relaxed, Romance/First Dates, View/Scenery