Reviews for Nuvo

AsianEuropeanItalianJapanese
Hoongy !

Lunch Review

Nuvo, located at the corner of Marina Square, may be a slightly difficult find, but the meal is certainly worth the find.

At a recent visit, I started with the Applewood smoked tomato soup, which had a nice roasted scent with a deep tomato flavour.

For my entree I had the Osso Bucco Stew, which was served in a small portion so it was not too heavy.

The main course was the Angel Hair Wakame, with the noodles well marinated in lobster essence and rayu oil

Finally for dessert, I had the Fuji Apple nad Parmigiano-Reggiano Torta. Paired with ice cream, it was a nice sweet way to end the meal.
31 Dec 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Very bad experience

Don't bother patronising this place. This place probably have the worst staff in the whole of Singapore. It's so bad that we didn't even bother sitting down and I registered myself in InSing just to provide my feedback! Entirely spoilt our NYE mood. The 85% vote is probably a hoax!
03 Dec 2014 • 1941 reviews • 259 followers

Lunch Review

28 Nov 2014 • 72 reviews • 2 followers

30licious menu at S$30++

The restaurant is a bit out of the way, hidden from the main area. Interesting dining area style. We start the meal with a breadstick each and some butter. The breakstick is served hot and has tomato taste.

Soup
Applewood Smoked Tomatoes (usual $10)
Momotaro . Italian Sausage . Pecorino
The soup is quite tangy and creamy, but lacking of the sour taste which is commonly found in tomato soup.
Vanilla Mushrooms (usual $10)
Onsen Egg . White True Essence . Croutons
We could smell the truffle oil from far. It smells great and tastes quite rich. The only thing is that the serving looks quite small.

Entrée
Salmon crudo (usual $18)
Furikake . Tobiko . Yuzu Pon . Coriander
We are surprised by the dish. Thin slices of raw salmon in sesame dressing, topped with crunchy green apple sticks. A great combination.
Angus osso buco stew (usual $28)
Shimeiji Mushrooms . Tsukiji Oyster Fritters . Pickled Crumble
Served with a basil tasting thick sauce, it helps to cover the strong taste from the deep fried oyster.

Main
Angel hair wakame (usual $18/ $24)
Tamago Fukikake . Lobster Essence . Rayu Oil
It served pipping and looks quite simple, but tastes quite yummy for such a plain looking pasta dish.
Kurobuta pork belly (usual $32)
Kakuni Style . Seaweed Fries . Karashi Aioli
It is served on a wooden board. The piece of pork belly looks real fatty with its layers of fat, but it has melt in the mouth texture.

Sweets
Japanese kinako delight (usual $12)
Azuki Beans . Espresso . Honeycomb
The Japanese style mochi is very smooth and light, while the red bean paste has salty taste, follows by a bitter aftertaste, unlike the usual sweet version. It is very unique.
Fuji apple and parimigiano - reggiano torta (usual $14)
Fig and Honey Ice Cream . Crumble . Flake Almonds
The dessert is served hot and soft. It reminds one of bread pudding with its texture, but very cheese after taste. The ice cream is crunchy and not too sweet. The hot and cold combination is a great one.

Although the servings look small for most of the dishes, we are both quite full after the meal. The place is quite relaxing and unqiue in its own way. The food served is unique and light in taste.