Reviews for Ocean Restaurant by Cat Cora

AmericanMediterraneanSeafoodWestern

Ocean Restuarant

I enjoyed the food.  The portion are small but enough to fill you up. I chose blue crab risotto for appetizer. Fresh Ocean fish and Duck confit for my two mains. Strawberry Vacherin, this was recommended by the waiter.

Other than the desserts, the taste surpassed the looks as the dishes were boring looking but I particularly enjoyed the duck. The skin was crispy and the meat moist and tasty.  The fish is fresh but nothing extraordinary except for the black bean sauce which is very much oriental influenced. Not overpowering or too salty.

I would definitely visit again but must get the table in the middle to enjoy the oceanarium view.  However I feel the restaurant needs refurbishing as the ambience is not quite there. A bit too tired looking. Not sure if it would look better at dinner time but definitely not romantic enough.

It lacks the WOW factor which is a pity. WOuld I go again yes but only if its convenient

• 22 Apr 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Ocean Restuarant

• 12 Apr 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Wonderful service & nice food

Overall
Was quite apprehensive about choosing the Ocean Restaurant for my parents' birthday lunch bcos of all the bad reviews regarding the service.
 However, my parents had a great time there! The food was tasty and the service was exemplary. The waiters were patient in explaining to my parents the different dishes (my dad has a v complicated diet) and showed kind hospitality throughout their entire lunch.
 My parents' table was just next to the aquarium and the feeding spot (they fed the fish around 2+pm that day)! They had a nice surprise and loved it.
 We will def be going back again. :-)

Note: Free parking applies on weekdays only. Turned out we had to pay for parking as we went on a Saturday.
• 14 Dec 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

hair in our food!

Overall
We went for our anniversary lunch. The food was decent but we end up having hair in our main dish and the restaurant staff don't seem apologetic about it. The only thing they could do was give a 15%discount!!! There was no feeling sorry for d bad quality serVed