Reviews for Ocean Restaurant by Cat Cora

AmericanMediterraneanSeafoodWestern
14 Jul 2015
Overall

Unforgettable dining experience with Good Quality Food!

For full review and photos, please visit:

This is a place that everyone should come at least once to experience this amazing dining concept!

Service was quite good. The 3-Course Set lunch did not disappoint us, really lives up to the name of Iron Chef Cat Cora! Every dish is delightful and dining in front of the ocean really can make a person feel relax thoroughly!

The prices of their set dinner are around 3 times higher than the set lunch as there're 5-Course in the set dinner. So if you would like to try this place at a more affordable price, do come for their lunch. The restaurant is quite small, remember to make a reservation first before you go.

More reviews of Ocean Restaurant by Cat Cora

Overall

Other than the view, the rest is not worth your money or time

I wanted to celebrate my birthday with my family, four adults and two kids.  I made a reservation one week iin advance, 3 confirmations later over that week leading to the actual day, I was told on that day that they were fully booked and if I could come one hour earlier so that the next reservation could be met, I accepted though I was not pleased about it.  When we got there, the waiters constantly told us not to do this and that like we were a bunch of kids.  Service was slow and one hour of so later I was reminded that I need to leave soon.  The bill came close to S$500 and I have to say that other than the view, there is nothing worthy of that kind of price for food and service.

An amazing lunch experience

Ocean Restaurant by Cat Cora is truly a beautiful restaurant. The view of the aquarium is akin to a moving tapestry – and captivates its diners throughout the entire meal. While I have read many criticisms of the food in this restaurant, I decided to pay this restaurant a visit and check it out for myself. I had the set lunch, and I am pleased to say that the food is impeccable. However, there is room to improve as for its dessert. Unfortunately the service standard leaves much to be desired – but I find that to be true for most restaurants in Singapore anyway.

For more, please refer to https://travellah.wordpress.com/2015/06/15/ocean-restaurant-by-cat-cora/.

Ocean Restuarant

I enjoyed the food.  The portion are small but enough to fill you up. I chose blue crab risotto for appetizer. Fresh Ocean fish and Duck confit for my two mains. Strawberry Vacherin, this was recommended by the waiter.

Other than the desserts, the taste surpassed the looks as the dishes were boring looking but I particularly enjoyed the duck. The skin was crispy and the meat moist and tasty.  The fish is fresh but nothing extraordinary except for the black bean sauce which is very much oriental influenced. Not overpowering or too salty.

I would definitely visit again but must get the table in the middle to enjoy the oceanarium view.

However I feel the restaurant needs refurbishing as the ambience is not quite there. A bit too tired looking. Not sure if it would look better at dinner time but definitely not romantic enough.

It lacks the WOW factor which is a pity. WOuld I go again yes but only if its convenient

Wonderful service & nice food

Was quite apprehensive about choosing the Ocean Restaurant for my parents' birthday lunch bcos of all the bad reviews regarding the service.
 However, my parents had a great time there! The food was tasty and the service was exemplary. The waiters were patient in explaining to my parents the different dishes (my dad has a v complicated diet) and showed kind hospitality throughout their entire lunch.
 My parents' table was just next to the aquarium and the feeding spot (they fed the fish around 2+pm that day)! They had a nice surprise and loved it.
 We will def be going back again. :-)

Note: Free parking applies on weekdays only. Turned out we had to pay for parking as we went on a Saturday.