Summary

Service3
Grilled Basque Wagyu Striploin, with Leak Bread Pudding and Roasted Sesame- Cori, duck confit, 42°C Sous Vide Salmon, Banana Negative, Chilled Watermelon & Tomato Gazpacho, Green & Red, Grilled Basque Wagyu Striploin, King Salmon with Mandarin- Habanero Glaze, Meyer Lemon Cous Cous and Hot House C, Ocean Sensation, Oysters, Rougie Duck Breast, Sakura Shrimp Risotto, Served with Morel Mushroom- Ikura, Cress and Black Truffl, Sous Vide 48 Degrees Celsius Ocean Trout, Sous Vide 48 Degrees Celsius Ocean Trout, with Sustainable Caviar and Prosecco P, blue crab risotto, with Leak Bread Pudding and Roasted Sesame- Cori, with Sustainable Caviar and Prosecco P, ‘After Eight’ Mint Variation with Chocolate View all
Anniversary, Birthdays, Business Dining, Romance/First Dates, View/Scenery, Relaxed, Children/Family, Fine Dining, Lunch, After Work, Chillout, Dinner View all

OCEAN RESTAURANT - OCEAN VIEW & EXQUISITE DINING EXPERIENCE

World-renowned celebrity chef Cat Cora has finally opened her seventh and first restaurant in Asia at Resorts World Sentosa. Located inside the S.E.A. Aquarium, Ocean Restuarants by Cat Cora provide diners the opportunity to enjoy the magnificent view of the Open Ocean habitat whilst enjoying a truly memorable dining experience. It is definitely a place to visit once in your life time.

For dinner dining, each diner needs to meet a minimum spending of $68. As such, we have a hard time choosing what we want for dinner since we do not want to create a big hole in the pocket by over-ordering.

Do bear in mind that the food tends to be served very slowly so that you can enjoy the atmosphere. So take the chance to enjoy the view like what we did.

After much thought, we decided on Chilled Watermelon & Tomato Gazpacho ($24), 42°C Sous Vide Salmon ($28), Rougie Duck Breast ($55), Banana Negative ($18) and Green & Red ($24).

All in all, I really enjoy the magnificent view and great service in ocean restaurants. The food tends to be pricey. So it would worth your visit for special occasion. It’s a place to visit at least once in your lifetime. I guess it would take us a while to recover from hole in our pocket.

Read more at http://jacefootprints.blogspot.sg/2016/03/singapore-ocean-restaurant.html
Follow me at instagram/Facebook: @jacefootprints

Most helpful reviews for Ocean Restaurant by Cat Cora

New Set Lunch Menu

For pictures and full review (because there is a word limit), pls visit:

For the past few months, Hubby and I have been so preoccupied with work and since he had to clear some leave; we planned an excursion to SEA Aquarium plus a meal at Ocean Restaurant I felt I was dining under the sea!

Opened by world renowned Iron Chef Cat Cora, Ocean Restaurant is her 7th restaurant and the 1st in Asia. It offers a one of a kind dining experience. Guest can dine right next to the world’s largest aquarium-spectacular 18.2 million litre Open Ocean Habitat which houses more than 100,000 marine animals from over 800 species, including huge manta rays.

We made reservations a few weeks in advance. Upon requesting for a table next to the aquarium, I was informed that tables will be allocated on a first come first served basis. We arrived early and were glad that our efforts were rewarded!

Mirrors are installed on the other side of the restaurant so that diners can still enjoy the view (albeit it’s a reflection) should their backs face the stunning aquarium.

Ocean Restaurant features seasonal, light and sustainable seafood with Californian and Mediterranean accents, with Asian influences.  Most of the service staff seemed pre-occupied, perhaps because of the closed door event that was going to take place in the afternoon. The sweet and friendly waitress who attended to us assisted with picture-taking eagerly.  She informed us that Ocean Restaurant changed the set lunch menu recently. Her command of English was not very good so we communicated in Mandarin. Each course was served at a tortoise-slow pace. We welcome this as it gave us ample time to admire the magnificent view.  I get the feeling that this is deliberate.

Set lunch cost $60++ for a starter, main and dessert. Choices are limited but well-selected. Diners can choose from 6 starters, 6 main courses and 3 desserts. If do not wish to have the set meal, the minimum spend per pax is $38+. Drinks are on the high side- $8 for still or sparkling water and $6 for a glass of soft drink or bottled juice (no tap water).

I expected a bread basket but there was none. Usually fine dining places always have complimentary bread. Oh well. Perhaps the restaurant should look into this because food servings are petite; we didn’t feel full at the end of the meal.

Cabbage and Bacon Soup with Chicken liver mousse, toasted brioche and truffle oil ($18). The creamy, savory soup went well with the toasted brioche in the middle, adorned with onions and spring onions which gave a nice crunch.

42°C Sous Vide Salmon ($24) served with textures of lemon and dukkah spice. Dukkah is an Egyptian spice mixture blended from nuts, seeds and tasty spices. The most distinct flavours I detected were peppercorn and cumin. The right way to enjoy this dish was to get a bit(reached the word limit, pls check out my blog link above, have not even start on the mains yet!)

Amazing view.

View was stunning!
Place was quite tough to find, directions could be made clearer at the carpark.
Service was good, with complementary slice of cake given to celebrate the occasion.
Oysters were delicious, with unique exotic toppings added on each.
The fish main course was good but didn't match up to the place being an ocean restaurant.

For full review:

Other than the view, the rest is not worth your money or time

I wanted to celebrate my birthday with my family, four adults and two kids.  I made a reservation one week iin advance, 3 confirmations later over that week leading to the actual day, I was told on that day that they were fully booked and if I could come one hour earlier so that the next reservation could be met, I accepted though I was not pleased about it.  When we got there, the waiters constantly told us not to do this and that like we were a bunch of kids.  Service was slow and one hour of so later I was reminded that I need to leave soon.  The bill came close to S$500 and I have to say that other than the view, there is nothing worthy of that kind of price for food and service.

Unforgettable dining experience with Good Quality Food!

For full review and photos, please visit:

This is a place that everyone should come at least once to experience this amazing dining concept!

Service was quite good. The 3-Course Set lunch did not disappoint us, really lives up to the name of Iron Chef Cat Cora! Every dish is delightful and dining in front of the ocean really can make a person feel relax thoroughly!

The prices of their set dinner are around 3 times higher than the set lunch as there're 5-Course in the set dinner. So if you would like to try this place at a more affordable price, do come for their lunch. The restaurant is quite small, remember to make a reservation first before you go.