Reviews for Ocean Restaurant by Cat Cora

AmericanMediterraneanSeafoodWestern

An amazing lunch experience

Ocean Restaurant by Cat Cora is truly a beautiful restaurant. The view of the aquarium is akin to a moving tapestry – and captivates its diners throughout the entire meal. While I have read many criticisms of the food in this restaurant, I decided to pay this restaurant a visit and check it out for myself. I had the set lunch, and I am pleased to say that the food is impeccable. However, there is room to improve as for its dessert. Unfortunately the service standard leaves much to be desired – but I find that to be true for most restaurants in Singapore anyway.

For more, please refer to https://travellah.wordpress.com/2015/06/15/ocean-restaurant-by-cat-cora/.
• 15 Jun 2015 • 2 reviews • 0 follower

An amazing lunch experience

• 22 Apr 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Ocean Restuarant

Overall
I enjoyed the food.  The portion are small but enough to fill you up. I chose blue crab risotto for appetizer. Fresh Ocean fish and Duck confit for my two mains. Strawberry Vacherin, this was recommended by the waiter.

Other than the desserts, the taste surpassed the looks as the dishes were boring looking but I particularly enjoyed the duck. The skin was crispy and the meat moist and tasty.  The fish is fresh but nothing extraordinary except for the black bean sauce which is very much oriental influenced. Not overpowering or too salty.

I would definitely visit again but must get the table in the middle to enjoy the oceanarium view.  However I feel the restaurant needs refurbishing as the ambience is not quite there. A bit too tired looking. Not sure if it would look better at dinner time but definitely not romantic enough.

It lacks the WOW factor which is a pity. WOuld I go again yes but only if its convenient

• 12 Apr 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Wonderful service & nice food

Overall
Was quite apprehensive about choosing the Ocean Restaurant for my parents' birthday lunch bcos of all the bad reviews regarding the service.
 However, my parents had a great time there! The food was tasty and the service was exemplary. The waiters were patient in explaining to my parents the different dishes (my dad has a v complicated diet) and showed kind hospitality throughout their entire lunch.
 My parents' table was just next to the aquarium and the feeding spot (they fed the fish around 2+pm that day)! They had a nice surprise and loved it.
 We will def be going back again. :-)

Note: Free parking applies on weekdays only. Turned out we had to pay for parking as we went on a Saturday.