Summary

Food/Drink3
bacon wrapped prawns, beef tenderloin in garlic, ham croquettes, Grilled squid, Meatballs, Seafood Paella, garlic mushrooms, garlic prawn, red sangria View all
Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Dinner, After Work, Girls Night Out, Vibrant/Noisy, Large Groups/Gathering, Boys Night Out, Chillout, Live Band, Waterfront, People Watching, View/Scenery, Wine Lists View all

Casual Tapas in Clark Quay

Click for full review and photos!

Octapas gets some items right and some quite off. The Garlic prawns, and poached egg with mushrooms are really flavoruful for example, but the paella turns out mushy and overcooked ingredients.

Most helpful reviews for Octapas Spanish Tapas Bar

Unfair Treatment of Customer

The overall experience was very disatisfactory since they allow us to order and eat but when the band start to perform they asked the ages of my sons and after kniwing the ages they asked us to leave. Themis seems to be very unfair if they disallow such ages they should not let us order and eat in the first place.

Food so so, service sucks.

Food was not impressive. prawns were not that fresh, beef cubes were too dry, squid ink paella was so so. Basically the whole experience was not great. The waiters there didn't really seem to understand what we were saying most of the time. Asked for recommendations from the menu, he told me to try garlic bread. Asked to change table to be seated outside, took them forever and had to ask 3 different waiters. Overall a disappointing experience, not forgetting an expensive one.

Useless kitchen. Completely lost chef.

Value 1| Ambience 3| Service 1

I'll disclaim this review by saying we left even before ordering. So I have no idea what the food tastes like. I can say that the staff is the most helpless people I've ever experienced, and that includes the chef. We came with our two year old boy, and asked if they could serve some form of vegetables with his tortilla de patata. We suggested a few stalks of asparagus, as they had ham wrapped asparagus on the menu. The answer was that we could only order the full portion, without ham, but they would still charge the 16$++ for it. Not happening. We then asked if they could suggest any other vegetables. The answer was "our orange salad". For a two-year old? Right. I spoke to the chef, who seemed completely incapable. I asked if he could just chop up some veggies and stir fry them, but that was clearly over his level of competency. I even offered to do it myself. I have a feeling all the food is pre-made and only heated during service - or non-service, I should say. We walked away.

Food normal , service need to improve .

The overall experience is not as good as my previous visit which is 1 yr ago.
 The food still ok but the service seriously need to improve ! We requested to refill ice water few times but they fail to do it !.

3rd visit

Very tasty food. Love the meat Paella. Prawns are always fresh. Nothing sensational but would recommend especially when wanting satisfying food.