Reviews for Onaka Restaurant & Wine Bar

InternationalVegetarianWestern
Priyankac

Healthy Eating

Food that is fresh, healthy and veggie-friendly? This new restaurant promises all that and more. Located at the Alexandra Retail Centre, Onaka has a varied menu that includes options for all sorts of dietary restrictions. Sugar-, dairy- and gluten-free, check; vegetarian and vegan, check; meat dishes, check. For more hot new restaurant reviews, read here http://www.hungrygowhere.com/gallery/hot-new-restaurants-to-book-online-*gid-b92f3101/photos/#f1340800
15 Aug 2014 • 49 reviews • 1 follower

Upsetting experience!

This restaurant has completely deteriorated in terms of service and offering. I hardly ever write such nasty reviews, but my experience today really upset me. I used to enjoy eating lunch in Onaka and have done so several times in the past, especially when I want healthy and reasonably affordable set lunches. I went back for lunch today and was surprised to learn that the set meal no longer comes with a drink. And apart from that, only a more expensive 3-course option is available unlike in the past where you could choose between 2 or 3 courses. Nevertheless, my friend and I still happily went ahead and ordered our lunch sets and asked for cold water to be served. Few mins later, they came back and served us piping hot water -- when we asked if they could change it to cold water instead (giving them the benefit of the doubt that it was an honest mistake), we were told that it was now their "policy" not to serve cold water unless we pay for sparkling or still water. When we asked whether they can serve ice on the side and we'll add it to our hot water ourselves, we were told NO because it was their policy not to do that unless we ordered a proper beverage. I thought that was absolutely ridiculous!! I wanted to walk out of there (unfortunately my set lunch had already come). I can't imagine that a proper restaurant would actually refuse to serve ice to their guests! The least they could do like other restaurants is charge a nominal amount for iced water. Needless to say I was completely unhappy and I'm surely never going back to Onaka. They may have saved a few cents from giving out iced water, but they have now lost a returning customer.
01 Nov 2013 • 225 reviews • 5 followers

Healthy Eating

29 Oct 2013 • 1909 reviews • 258 followers

A Healthy Lifestyle

This place is all about serving healthy food that is tasty. Start with the watermelon sashimi topped with aga aga followed by the healthy Tofu Avocado with hazelnut dressing.

From the carbs I would recommend going for the glutten free Mushroom Soba and the Chili Crab Capelini for something a little heavier.

For something interesting, try the Maritime Barley Risotto – which has no rice.

Meat lovers would do well with the 48 Hr Beef. If you like your lamb a little gamy, the Miso Lamb would do just fine.

End your meal with the Avo Choco Emotions, which is sugar free and dairy free and an organic coffee.