Back to Oriole Cafe & Bar#01-01, Pan Pacific Serviced Suites, 96...

coffee17 votes

Wheelchair Friendly3 votes

adelenejeztelle
 • 17 hours ago 4 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Walked past this place lots of times but didn't really notice this cafe. Finally decided to visit it and it was so awesome!

Visit my blog for more pictures and details!

Must tries: Honey crunch affogato, beef cheek tagliatelle, Eggs benedict with salmon, Fish & Chips

Brunch, Chillout, Dinner, Lunch, Quiet

Invective
 • 23 Oct 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
I went with a group of friends to catch up this Sunday afternoon over lunch, having heard that the coffee and food was ok.  Nothing could have prepared me for the experience that I received from the Oriole Cafe & Bar.

Firstly, the service was terrible!!!  It took ages for our food and drinks to arrive, and the service staff took over 25 minutes to take our order!  Admittedly the place was 2/3rds full but people who came in after us had their orders taken and their food arrive even before we got to order.  We were repeatedly told to wait a little while longer.  We eventually asked the person who seemed most senior on staff, and he was extremely rude with us.

And when the food arrived it was NOT good.  I ordered their signature burger, my friends ordered their fish and chips and a couple of other dishes.  Their dishes were really really salty.  We told the waiter that it was a bit too salty and he told us that it was supposed to be like that.  I told him that it was *extremely* salty and he became even ruder.  I eat a lot of salty food (I love burgers and fries) and that was bordering on unedible from the amount of salt in it.  It wouldn't have been so bad if the waiter (who turned out to be the manager) wasn't so rude.

nickharold
 • 20 Oct 2014 7 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Amateur barhopper comes again!

I came here with a friend to catch-up. This place is unlike the other bars I reviewed (please read them). It is more of a dining place and the counter isn't meant for drinking, though there is a "plank" (? Possible a long table whatever) facing the window.

Food: I ordered a fish and chips from them. Pretty decent. Their dip is a bit too sour though. Otherwise, it's just like any other fish and chips. The fish however is cooked really thoroughly and the process of freezing and thawing the fish is done well, so the fish still has tenderness throughout. My friend ordered a crab meat spaghetti. It tasted pretty decent, though I can't really describle it since, 1: I review bars not food 2: I didn't eat much of it. But anyway, their crab meat is pretty generous to say the least. So I guess it works out well even though their spaghetti is not much.
Drinks: Here comes the main part. I ordered a whisky and my friend ordered 2 pints. Nothing fanciful about the drinks but there's a weird part which I don't understand.

They had a 2-for-1 promotion. I wanted to mixed the whisky match-up, and i was willing to pay for the more expensive price regardless. But it wasn't allowed. It still makes me curious till this day. And will probably make me curious till I die anyway.

The beer is just a typical draft beer. For beer however, there is a certain technique to pouring it as well. The one who got us the beer was pretty skilled too. It was poured fluently and the foam was just nice, with a rough 10% of the foam just above the glass.

Service: Now, I must say that their service is neat. (mostly because of my embarrassing moment) I knocked over my glass of water due to the dim lighting, but the service crew quickly relocated us to another table nearby, carrying our drinks and food for us. They mopped it up quick and was good enough for another customer to come in within minutes. Now, I must clarify that the star I gave above was for this act, not because of the friendly server service.
It's a pretty nice place to catchup with old friends. They offer decent drinks during happy hours and they serve decent food that are not too overprice considering the ingredients and amount they served.

Must tries: Fish & Chips, Crab Spaghetti

After Work, Ala Carte, Business Dining, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Night Out, Private Dining, Romance/First Dates, Trendy