All-Americana at OverEasy: Review

Like most people my age, I stumbled upon OverEasy a couple of years back when hunger pangs struck in the middle of a night of revelry at The Butter Factory (which incidentally will be shutting its doors for good in March 2015). I remember ordering their signature Truffled Mac & Cheese with Wild Mushrooms ($16), practically inhaling it, and feeling very satisfied after.   - See more of our OverEasy review here
• 03 May 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Horrible Service!

Overall
Not my first visit but definitely my last visit to OverEasy! Experienced the most atrocious service ever today! Nothing to shout about regarding their food & drink, it's just not worth mentioning. Only saving grace of this place is the scenery & view.

Went with my friend today during the non-peak hour and the restaurant indoor was quite empty except for two couples sitting in the booth seats, one couple sitting at a 4-seater table, and another couple at a 2-seater table. We were offered a 2-seater table but we saw a few unoccupied 4-seater tables with no reserved tags so we proceeded to ask if we could have a 4-seater table. They said no, because they were for four people. And when we politely asked "then how come the other couples could sit at a 4pax table?", the trainee told us that the couples sitting in the booth seats made reservations and the couple sitting at the 4-seater table was waiting for 2 other members of their family to join them.

Despite finding the excuse rather odd, we let it go & proceeded to look through the menu deciding what to order. However just as we were about to let the matter rest, the couple at the 4-seater table next to us (the one that was supposed to be waiting for their family members) asked for the bill! I was shocked & felt cheated when my friend checked with them if they were waiting for anyone but the reply was NO! Apparently it was just the two of them and they were not waiting for any so-called family to join them.

We checked again with the trainee who claimed the manager told her so, but when the manager came over, she denied it straight into the trainee's face and even said rather rudely: "Ok if you want the 4-seater table, we give you la."

I cannot accept that service staffs are lying/making up lame excuses just because they would not allow 2 people to sit at a 4pax table. If it is a company policy that strictly do not allow your staffs to be flexible even when there is not much crowd, just feel free to say so. Asking us to move to a smaller table once a crowd comes in is fine too. No customer will accept such attitude from service staffs. We are paying customers too! Are you looking down on us thinking we have no money to pay for your food & drinks?

Ridiculous service where we felt that we were being looked down on and I assure you that I will never step back in to OverEasy no matter what happens. Your sloppy service needs to be worked upon if you truly want to have more returning customers!
• 03 May 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Very bad service.

Overall
I have been here twice and the food was okay.
But I experienced the most atrocious service ever during my recent visit.

It was during a non-peak hour and the restaurant was practically empty, (to be exact, two couples sitting in the booth seats, one couple sitting at a 4-seater table, and another couple at a 2-seater table at the indoor space) and so, me and my friend asked if we could have a 4-seater table. They said no, because they were for four people. And when we politely asked "then how come the other couples could sit at a 4pax table?", the trainee told us that the couples sitting in the booth seats made reservations and the couple sitting at the 4-seater table was waiting for 2 other members of their family to join them.

One of the couples in the booth seats were an elderly couple, and they looked like tourists. Do you think they would have made a reservation at 4-5pm for a meal? I highly doubt it.
Also, the couple at the 4-seater table asked for the bill shortly after, and when I checked with them, it was apparently just two of them and they were not waiting for any so-called family to join them.

We checked again with the trainee who claimed the manager told her so, but when the manager came over, she denied it, and even said "Ok if you want the 4-seater table, we give you"

If there is a rule that 2 people cannot sit at a 4pax table, just feel free to say so. Asking us to move to a smaller table once a crowd comes in is fine too. No customer will accept such ridiculous lies and excuses made up on the spot. Furthermore, your restaurant was almost empty.

Ridiculous service where we felt that we were being looked down on and I will never go back no matter what happens.
• 09 Dec 2014 • 10 reviews • 1 follower