Summary

gin and tonics on tap, Steak Tartare with Oyster Cream, Sorrel and Fresh Horseradish, Brussels sprouts with maple butter and smoked farmer's bacon ($15), Cuba Libre, Oxwell burger, Scotch egg, Beef Rossini - Tenderloin, with Foie Gras cream and Madeira, Blue Foot Mushroom, with Crème Fraiche, Cep, Mushroom Broth and Thyme, Blue Swimmer Crab with Watercress and shaved Jamon ham, Chilled Fig Leaf Egg Nog, Roasted potatoes, Sunday roast, The Banana, london pride View all
After Work, Ala Carte, Dinner, Trendy, Lunch, Night Out, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Birthdays, Boys Night Out, Chillout, Girls Night Out, Vibrant/Noisy View all

What club street has been missing

A place that you feel happy to hang out in! No novelty, just good product, good people, good staff, and great drinks.

cocktails on tap at this level of quality - why doesn't everyone do this????

cant wait to try the food, I have heard its great.

this will become our regular haunt - it has a great scene and great feel.

Most helpful reviews for Oxwell & Co.

appalling service staff

Consistent with the rest of the comments. Appalling service staff. Will not be back. In fact, given the poor standard, I have decided not to hold another dinner there. Will not be back.

unexceptional british dining

photos and more: http://andmorefood.wordpress.com/2013/11/16/oxwell-and-co-chinatown/

could-be-fantastic but falls-short-of-the-mark british cooking at this small restaurant in the club street stretch of eateries. I know there are people scoffing at the whole “british cooking” idea, but I think that’s a rather antiquated idea – it is possibly beyond doubt that it used to mean rather plain boiled meat alongside overboiled greens, but these days I would more readily associate it with a polished-up version of rustic comfort food.   which – I suspect – is where this place was heading for, but I’m not sure it succeeded.   it’s a small menu of mains, rather pricey – and when it arrives, it barely feels worth it. the food is admittedly well-cooked: the chicken has a delicious skin and tender, moist meat (but very small and the ratio of meat to bone is pretty much half-half), and the skate-wing was also well-seasoned and simply seared for easily-flaked flesh.   served on a big white plate, you order your own sides to round out your dishes – but I mean, come on. that’s a huge lot of white space, incredibly unappetising and miserly, to say the least – and distasteful despite the otherwise-satisfying flavors.   so while the food is decent, the place nostalgia-inducing and incredibly beautiful in my eyes, the prices not terribly unusual amongst the restaurants of its class – I doubt I’ll be returning. there’s better value to be got elsewhere, and at the very end of it, these simple dishes I can cook up myself.

Very disappointing..

We were really looking forward to the dinner, knowing that the chef used to work with Gordon Ramsay. The whole place feels very cold and unwelcoming... Not because of the deco (it's lovely) but becos of the staff there. The only person that is attentive is the server for our table. All other staff didn't bat an eyelid or acknowledge our presence. This was even most surprising when there were only two tables dining at that time. The owner came in at one point, and he too didn't bother to interact with his two tables of customers! We ordered the porterhouse steak medium well. The meat came cooked medium well, pink in the middle, but was dry and not flavorful. There was also no gravy, making it even drier. We didn't finish 80% of the food, but yet nobody bother to ask if it's ok. All in all, totally disappointed and do not recommend.

Service, Seriously ?

Give their service a try and you know what I mean. Feels very much like many of the new eateries opening in Singapore largely to cash in on rising income and new money.

Slow service and the food is over priced

My son and I had lunch in Oxwell on Mother's Day.  We ordered one starter and two mains and the waiting time was 30 mins for the starter and another 15 mins for the mains.  We sat on the 2nd floor window seat and the aircon was not cold enough.

The food finally came after few chasers.  Their fish & chips was so so because some of the French fries were over cooked and burnt... The Sunday roast costs about $40 and the portion was quite small but the roasted potatoes were delicous.

Overall, I will give 3 out 5 and I will not recommend this place to my friends.