Reviews for P.Osh (Dhoby Ghaut)

3.9

DessertsWestern
Address: #B1-40, Dhoby Ghaut Xchange, 11 Orchard Road, 238826
11 May 2015

Yummy Cheesecakes

I came across this shop that sells cheesecakes, brownies and cookies. They have been around for 10 years.

The owner served us and he was nice to offer us samples of his cheesecakes. The cheesecakes are baked and have no preservatives, no additives, and no fillers (flour, custard and gelatin) in them.

There were 4 flavours on offer: Premium Blend, Summer Strawberry, French Blueberry and Singapore Style – Kopi & Kaya.

I tried all 4 flavours of the cheesecakes. The ones that stood out for me were the Premium Blend and the Singapore Style – Kopi & Kaya.

They do sell their cheesecakes by quarters, where they cut each whole round cheesecake into 4 and sell each quarter individually. Each quarter of a cheesecake costs $12.

They have a promotion where you can buy 2 for $22 and 4 for $41. They sell whole cheesecakes at $48. So it’s good value to get 4 quarter cheesecakes at $41, and you can get different flavours to boot!

I bought 2 quarters for my family:

- Premium Blend: This is the classic cheesecake and there’s a choice of 2 base: Digestive cookie base or a chewy brownie base. I took the chewy brownie base as its more unique. Its good! I also found out that it’s a best-seller.

- Singapore Style – Kopi & Kaya: This is a tribute to local flavour, with coffee and kaya (which is coconut and egg jam). I absolutely loved this. If I can, I would eat this for breakfast, cos that’s what a good local breakfast should be!

My family loved them.

The cakes are pre-packed, so if you don’t open the packaging, they can keep for 3 months in the freezer. Once you open it, you have to consume in a week.

They have outlets at Dhoby Ghaut, Telok Ayer and Kovan (new outlet).

Recommended!

Singapore Style – Kopi & Kaya Cheesecake, Premium Blend Cheesecake

More reviews of P.Osh

Creative and nice brownies

I find that the brownies are very nice and those with words on top can act as very good gifts choices. If your girlfriend is angry with you, just go get one that says "Im sorry" and im sure she will forgive you.

Decent brownies

For pictures and more reviews, visit my blog at petitconnoisseur.blogspot.com!

Good things come in small packages. The 2"x3" treats at P.Osh, a brownie shop conveniently located at Dhoby XChange, are one such example.

Here, the signature chewy brownies are available in a variety of flavors, ranging from mint mousse and dark chocolate to coffee caramel. I finally settled on the Trip. Earle C. ($3), which was topped with a mix of dark, milk and white chocolate swirls.

P.Osh's chewy brownie proved itself to be no less worthy than the cakey or fudgey versions which I am accustomed to. While it was pleasingly moist and not overly rich or sweet, what stood out for me was its lovely bite. Go give chewy brownies a try sometime if you haven't had them before!

Aside from chewy brownies, P.Osh also offers Premium Brownies ($3.30) filled with pockets of melted chocolate and roasted walnuts which are more cake-. Nuked in the microwave for 15 seconds, this transforms into a sinfully dense and fudgy treat that would be perfect with ice cream. While both satisfied, I personally favor the chewy brownie over the premium version as it is less heavy on the tastebuds.

The stall also offers customized brownies, which start from $4 for a small piece. Though I have had even better brownies before, there is no doubt that those from P.Osh will make for a decent sweet fix.

Hmm

I have only tried the brownies once so I can't be certain how I feel about them. I tried the Marsh E. Mellow and I thought it was pretty good. It was soft and gooey and not sinful at all. I'll go back to try more flavours and get a bubble tea drink from Eskimo cafe next door. :)

Too sweet for me

Unlike most of the other reviewers, I'm underwhelmed by the brownies here.

I ordered this for my parents' friend's 80th birthday and we ended up with a lot of leftovers. We found the texture too dense (we couldn't cut the brownie with a sharp metal knife) and the brownies too sweet - even the woman who routinely takes 2 tablespoons of sugar in her coffee couldn't finish her piece.

It didn't help that I had to wait for them to finish icing brownies for 3 people who came after me in the queue before I could get my brownies iced. They also almost forgot my additional order of cookies and I had to remind them a couple of times that I had already paid for everything.

On the plus side, the brownies are full of ingredients (not the usual "full of flour" type), and they can ice the brownies to order. And if you believe that a long queue is a sign of good food, you'll love this place.

Perhaps it was an off day for them.

If you have a sweet tooth, I'm sure the brownies here are perfect for you. For those who can take or leave sweet desserts, I suggest you look somewhere else.