Parsley & Thyme has closed.

Summary

French Onion Soup, Baked Halibut in white sauce, Nutella Chocolate Mousse View all

hit and miss...

Perhaps I missed? Heard about the good review so took my aunt there to have dinner. We ordered two set dinners; my aunt ordered fish. Guess what-- fish wasn't cooked??!! So, she has a mouth full of raw fish which is disgusting.... Dessert was disappointing too! We only paid for one set dinner upon request but it was only upon demand did they do it! Never going back there ever. Rule 101 of all food places; you can over cook fish but never serve them raw.

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Parsley & Thyme

Parsley & Thyme

Full review at :  http://rygohxx.blogspot.sg/2013/12/dinner-at-parsley-thyme_15.html

Kampong Bahru Road welcomes Parsley & Thyme. A place that I could enjoy their mixture of European and Mediterranean cusine. Duck Conti and Pork Ragu was my favourite of that day.

Pork Ragu - The slow-braised shredded pork simply disintegrating in my mouth after each bite.

Duck Conti - Duck confit is a French dish made with the leg of the duck. Over at Parsley & Thyme, it's definitely a must try dish as the duck was lean and crispy, and very delicious.

Decent place for a casual dinner with your family

I went there for restaurant week recently, and I'd say the food is pretty decent. For me, I tried the lobster bisque, lamb shank, and the nutella chocolate mousse.

For the lobster bisque, the flavor was too heavy and floury. The lobster didn't taste spectacular, so the whole soup just felt so-so.

The lamb shank was decent, it was soft and tender, and went well with the mashed potato. However, the chef could have done better than to make the lamb look like it has been rotting for a few days, which was what I felt when I saw it.

The nutella chocolate mousse, on the bright side, was fantastic. The chocolate and the hazelnut blended well in a smooth mixture that was gentle yet full of flavour. The crunchy hazelnuts that went with it complemented it well.

The ambience was okay, and the service was decent. But overall, I didn't feel the place was worth the money I spent.

Try the French onion soup!

Had the pasta set lunch which includes soup, pasta, dessert and coffee/tea. Upgraded the soup to French Onionn soup, which was strongly recommended by the chef/owner's father. Never had french onion soup before so didn't know whay to expect. The soup was great, with pieces of beef, sweet caramelised onions, crostini and cheese(which was lightly torched)in a robust beef broth. Very enjoyable.

Chose the bacon carbonara spaghetti. I thought it was a little bland, mainly due to the mild-tasting bacon(which was also too little IMO). Perhaps using a stronger flavoured bacon  like pancetta would lift this dish a bit more.

Dessert was hazelnut gelato, which was smooth and pretty 'hazelnutty', just a tad sweet.

Overall an enjoyable lunch, with the chef/owner's father providing warm service and even chatting with us a little about Italy. SHall return for the a la carte menu next time.

anniversary dinner

How can I even begin this review of such a gem of a place?booked out the restaurant for our anniversary dinner and we had a wonderful experience. The service by Ricky and the wait staff..the delicious excellent cuisine by chef Darryl executed in perfection.. Too good! And the pricing was so reasonable. Tops to this restaurant!