Review for Pasta J

EuropeanItalianWestern
Address: 205 Upper Thomson, 574345

26 Aug 2014

Pesto presto!

What's for dinner? How about Pasta J Asian's nutty, cheesy pesto? It can be had at the Upper Thomson Road restaurant, with spaghetti, grilled prawns and squid ($19.90). The spaghetti portion is small, but you get an entire squid and eight pieces of small prawns. The seafood was too charred for our liking, so if you want to get around that, buy a bottle of pesto ($6.90) and toss up your own dinner.
pesto pasta, pesto

More reviews of Pasta J

Overall

Great service and quality Italian food that is value for money

I've been to Pasta J twice before (once for lunch, and birthday dinner celebration), and each time was met with the friendly boss who obviously knows his cuisine well and makes us feel at home. This place was packed by lunchtime, and it's not surprising given good value and service it offers.

The must tries are actually the meat dishes - the delightful and tender juicy super strip loin, and lamb shank with spinach mash were great. As each comes with petite serving of carrots and shrooms. Might look small in quantity, but the meal is fulfilling and satisfying, as the chef does slow cooking for the food servings.

Definitely coming back here again.
Overall

Amazing meatballs, al dente pasta, crazy good stew

Went there for dinner this evening with colleagues and was amazed by the springy quality of the meatballs and the tangy, herby, wholesome sauces (colleagues had the Caramel Carnivore and The Bourdain). I had the stout beef stew: meltingly tender beef brisket in a hearty gravy, topped with smooth mash. The owner was also kind enough to "punish" me with an incredibly hoppy IPA recommendation - Green Flash Palate Wrecker, which I really enjoyed. Long story short? Good, filling pastas and stews. Good craft beer selection. 10/10 would eat again.
Overall

quaint little place with pretty decor and great food to match

We had the pesto pasta, caramel carnivore, and the lemon and rosemary wings.

I gotta say I enjoyed both pastas so much, I had to get some pesto home for my sister. got the large bottle because they were sold out of the small ones.

Great experience overall!
Overall

Incredible Pasta, very different from others

Visited Pasta J Asian and was super impressed with their extraordinary pasta! Lots of effort and passion is dedicated to bringing up the utmost flavour for all their dishes.

Have tried my pastas before and the ones here are truly unforgettable.
I can't forget the incredibly juicy sirloin i had here too!

Full review here: http://ilovedawn00.blogspot.sg/2014/07/food-review-pasta-j-asian.html