raviolli10 votes

Birthdays3 votes

privatelit
 • 13 Jan 2014 15 reviews 0 follower
Overall
When i read that some of their pastas were freshly made, I knew i definitely had to give this restaurant a chance. We ordered Pappardelle with Bolognese ($22.50) - there's an option on the menu where you get to pick the pasta of your choice and the sauce and Linguine with prawns, clams, scallops, squid, crayfish and garlic in tomato sauce.
To share - we had Ravioli filled with mined beef and changed the base to a tomato and cream sauce.

I was definitely pleased with the quality of food. for more information and photos - please visit: http://travelling-food-love.blogspot.sg/2014/01/pasta-brava-i-love-you.html

Must tries: raviolli

After Work, Ala Carte, Anniversary, Birthdays

Preston1
 • 07 Jan 2014 2 reviews 0 follower
Overall
I have been to Pasta Brava a few times and the food has always been good, and there is another thing that is quite constant - their bad and rude service.

The food is good and also of great value but I find the portions are becoming smaller after each visit. Well, cannot complain due to reasonable prices. There is a really good 'home cooked' feel to the food and the food usually does not disappoint.

The service however, is always disappointing. The first visit was just 'lukewarm'. Just OK, but nothing to shoult about. In all fairness, I was in for a quick meal and left quite fast.

On subsequent visits, the service was horrible. It was embarrasing as I had praised the place for the good good - but that was the only praise they deserve. The staff are not attentive, not helpful with suggestions, rude and impatient. There is one particular caucasian guy, who is not in a uniform, I assume to be the manager or owner, who is particularly rude. I was observing him making many mistakes, for example, sending the wrong orders to the table, and being sarcastic and rude to patrons, about this own mistakes. I was just hoping that he was trying to be funny but he even made a mistake on my table and wanted to 'bet' that he was right about something - and he lost - and did not take it too well...nor did he apologize.

Other staff kept getting orders wrong too. And at one point even asked us to make up our mind when we changed just one order! He also told us off for reducing our party of 13 to 12 and said that we should have called the restaurant earlier to inform them as they now had to rearrange the tables to accommodate us.

Basically, you feel like every staff in the restaurant had a bad day and treat patrons like 's***'.

I am heading there again, possibly for the last time, to give them a chance to redeem themselves, but my hopes are not high. I am only going there because the food is not bad, and I promised my friend that I will take him there.

Good luck Pasta Brava!

Naonao
 • 11 Dec 2013 1 review 0 follower
Overall
I booked 6:30 today and reached 6:35. But the staffs are all sit on the table and chat until I asked to check my reservation. One guy shouted me "we open from 6:30, didn't you see the sign Closed, wait outside." It was heavy raining and I carried 3 years old daughter today. He pushed me out and closed door very strongly. Me and my colleague also other group waited outside were all shocked and angried with such a rude service. of course all the people cancelled the booking.
There are no manager or owner in the restaurant so no staff was care about it. I am very disappointed I always enjoyed the food there, but I never ever visit or recommend Pasta Brava.
I'm sure the guy was complained from yesterday's reviewer as well. I really ask management to change or train the staff

Management

We were shocked to read your review...we sincerely apologise! We do not train our staff to behave in this manner, nor is it in our ethos to treat our guests like this. Trust that we will look into this matter seriously. On an even more important note, we are deeply sorry this episode has soured your past experiences with us. We value all our guests, and we thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Sincerely,