Reviews for Pasta Brava Restaurant

Address: 11 Craig Road, 089671

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

Homely flavour in warm, intimate settings

*Charmaine and I chanced upon Pasta Brava, located along the row of conservation shophouses at Tanjong Pagar area.

The dimly romantic interior decor was both tasteful and intimate, yet there was no pretentiousness to it at all. There are Straits Chinese decorations and souveinirs around the restaurant, as well as paintings done by the owner's brother. The restaurant has two stories, and we were sitting on level 2, where we enjoyed the cozier end of the restaurant. The service crew was rather attentive towards the end of the meal.

For mains, *Charmaine had the Linguine Regina del Mare (SGD$23.00) - linguine pasta with scallops, clams, prawns, squid, crayfish in garlic and tomato sauce. The linguine were springy and the gravy was a delicious mixture of sweet-sour flavour.

I chose something under the "Pasta Fatta in Casa" (homemade pasta) section, the Agnolotti Farciti al Salmone (SGD$23.50) - round shaped pasta filled with fresh and smoked mashed salmon, served with tomato and cream sauce. The pasta had a great chewy texture, and the mashed salmon was smooth, creamy, almost velvety on the tongue. It was utterly tasty.

For more detailed information and full review, please refer here:
• 17 Aug 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Disappointing second visit

Overall
Disappointing. The last time I had a meal here, I was thoroughly impressed with the food and service which explains my second visit. However this time, my pasta was soggy and obviously overcooked. Upon bringing this up to our waiter, he immediately replied that this was how it should be and that the pasta "is supposed to be like that and won't be nice Al Dente" which is frankly the most ridiculous thing I've heard regarding pasta.
• 25 May 2015 • 498 reviews • 7 followers

Homely flavour in warm, intimate settings

For more detailed information and full review, please refer here:
  • Exterior
• 08 Apr 2015 • 3 reviews • 0 follower

Great service, so so food

Overall
We went here after hearing rave reviews. The service was excellent for an extremely crowded night. Hwoever, the food wasn't very impressive. It was slightly better than average but not memorable for us. We had 3 mains - the ravioli, the chocolate beef and tagliotalle. Dessert was yummy.