raviolli12 votes

Live Band4 votes

Princess J
 • 07 Jun 2014 374 reviews 13 followers
Overall
Here to celebrate our anniversary with my favourite cuisine. Read from other reviews that the service is poor so we braced ourselves.

When we arrived, we were seated and the restaurant was only running on 20% capacity for lunch. During ordering, staff was helpful to give advice on the food items.

I was pleasantly surprised with one of the service staff who over to fasten a back cushion for me. That's awfully sweet of him to go to that extra mile for me.

Grilled Eggplant - tender slices of eggplant grilled till soft and then served with melted cheese and tomato sauce over them. Perfect starters!

Calamari - I think this dish fell short somewhat. The batter was soft by the time we ate them and though the serving size was quite generous, I found the calamari rather bland. If not for the tomato dip that accompanies the rings, it would totally tank. I won't order this again.

Ravioli Con Carne - this is our best pasta dish of the meal! Little pillows of soft beef dressed in a strong tasting cheese sauce, something like blue cheese but not. Just really yummy lah!

Before our Squid Ink pasta arrived, we were both offered bibs that they nicely secured on for us. I supposed if the black sauce splatter on you, it'll be quite a nightmare to remove. So thoughtful!!

Squid Ink Seafood Pasta - quite a big plate of pasta that is a whole plate of Nero (that's Italian for black) goodness. Seafood is fresh and generous in amount. The squid ink sauce is very flavourful and every mouth of al dente pasta a party in the mouth!

Spinach Ravioli - very good ravioli with tomato sauce. Not that this is not nice, it IS but this dish does pale in comparison to the other 2 pasta dishes.

You can opt to have a half half of the Ravioli pastas on the same plate. This is what we did so we got to taste more without being too full!!

Tiramisu - a nice generous square of cake. You can really taste the rum in it (nice!) and with the mascarpone cheese cream, a wonderful slab of heaven to finish up the meal.

I dunno why so many complained about the poor service because we have enjoyed very good service, not just from one service staff but all round really. Will definitely be back to savour the rest of the menu!

Must tries: raviolli, tiramisu, spaghetti pescatore al nero di sepia

Anniversary, Birthdays

theengineerchef
 • 14 May 2014 27 reviews 0 follower
For full review please visit my blog The Engineer Chef:

If you are thinking of going, a reservation is a MUST. Without a reservation, it would be impossible for you to get a table, especially during dinner time even on weekdays.

My friends and I ordered the Vittelo Tonnato ($18) to share, and all of us ordered the pasta dish. We had the Ravioli con Carne di Manzo al Gorgonzola ($22.5), Agnolotti Farciti al Salmone ($22.5), and Stracci al Gamberi e Capesante ($22.5). I just got to know that you could order half serving of their dishes at half the price. This way, you could try more dishes!

The Vittelo Tonnato was a cold antipasti. The veal was so thinly sliced that you almost could not taste it at all. Instead, the tuna taste was overwhelming and definitely much more prominent than the veal. I loved how the arugula added some tart to the creamy dish. Something interesting that you could try, but not something I would order for a second time.

My Stracci al Gamberi e Capesante was not as amazing as I thought. Although the pasta was al dente, the seafood was just okay (not utterly fresh), and the cream sauce tasted almost bland. This was kind of a disappointment for me.

My favorite dish of the afternoon would be my friend's Agnolotti Farciti al Salmone. I was never a fan of filled pasta, but the agnolotti was yummy and I love the salmon filling too. The sauce was perfectly seasoned and the dish as a whole was just nice, not too hearty for a filled pasta dish.

Lastly, my other friend had the Ravioli con Carne di Manzo al Gorgonzola. The Ravioli was not bad either, and the cream sauce was tasty too. My second favorite.

At the end of our meals, we ordered a Tiramisu for sharing. In my opinion, the zabaglione was too light - the mascarpone taste was really subtle the heavy cream was actually more prominent. The savoiardi was nicely soaked - wet and supple, but slightly too bitter to my liking. My friend and I agreed that my tiramisu was better. Ha!

At the end of our meal, my impression for Pasta Brava was not as amazing as my expectation. Would I return again? Maybe yes.

Must tries: raviolli, pastas

privatelit
 • 13 Jan 2014 15 reviews 0 follower
Overall
When i read that some of their pastas were freshly made, I knew i definitely had to give this restaurant a chance. We ordered Pappardelle with Bolognese ($22.50) - there's an option on the menu where you get to pick the pasta of your choice and the sauce and Linguine with prawns, clams, scallops, squid, crayfish and garlic in tomato sauce.
To share - we had Ravioli filled with mined beef and changed the base to a tomato and cream sauce.

I was definitely pleased with the quality of food. for more information and photos - please visit: http://travelling-food-love.blogspot.sg/2014/01/pasta-brava-i-love-you.html

Must tries: raviolli