Review for Pasta Brava Restaurant

EuropeanItalianWestern
Address: 11 Craig Road, 089671

07 Jun 2014

Pasta BRAVO

Here to celebrate our anniversary with my favourite cuisine. Read from other reviews that the service is poor so we braced ourselves. When we arrived, we were seated and the restaurant was only running on 20% capacity for lunch. During ordering, staff was helpful to give advice on the food items. I was pleasantly surprised with one of the service staff who over to fasten a back cushion for me. That's awfully sweet of him to go to that extra mile for me. Grilled Eggplant - tender slices of eggplant grilled till soft and then served with melted cheese and tomato sauce over them. Perfect starters! Calamari - I think this dish fell short somewhat. The batter was soft by the time we ate them and though the serving size was quite generous, I found the calamari rather bland. If not for the tomato dip that accompanies the rings, it would totally tank. I won't order this again. Ravioli Con Carne - this is our best pasta dish of the meal! Little pillows of soft beef dressed in a strong tasting cheese sauce, something like blue cheese but not. Just really yummy lah! Before our Squid Ink pasta arrived, we were both offered bibs that they nicely secured on for us. I supposed if the black sauce splatter on you, it'll be quite a nightmare to remove. So thoughtful!! Squid Ink Seafood Pasta - quite a big plate of pasta that is a whole plate of Nero (that's Italian for black) goodness. Seafood is fresh and generous in amount. The squid ink sauce is very flavourful and every mouth of al dente pasta a party in the mouth! Spinach Ravioli - very good ravioli with tomato sauce. Not that this is not nice, it IS but this dish does pale in comparison to the other 2 pasta dishes. You can opt to have a half half of the Ravioli pastas on the same plate. This is what we did so we got to taste more without being too full!! Tiramisu - a nice generous square of cake. You can really taste the rum in it (nice!) and with the mascarpone cheese cream, a wonderful slab of heaven to finish up the meal. I dunno why so many complained about the poor service because we have enjoyed very good service, not just from one service staff but all round really. Will definitely be back to savour the rest of the menu!
raviolli, tiramisu, spaghetti pescatore al nero di sepia

More reviews of Pasta Brava Restaurant

Overall

Bad service but food was okay

We had dinner here after reading reviews online. Ambience was nice and this place is a nice place if you are looking for a romantic dinner or a night to hang out with the girls.

Service was bad. One Chinese looking waitress looked as if we killed her loved one. No smile at all, curt and rude. when she serves food, she would just put it on the table without saying anything. If she clears plates, she would not excuse herself and rudely interrupt you. Service should be with a smile and at a restaurant like this, such staff should not work here.

Food wise, both pasta and main dishes were not bad. Serving portion was adequate too.

Disappointing second visit

Disappointing. The last time I had a meal here, I was thoroughly impressed with the food and service which explains my second visit. However this time, my pasta was soggy and obviously overcooked. Upon bringing this up to our waiter, he immediately replied that this was how it should be and that the pasta "is supposed to be like that and won't be nice Al Dente" which is frankly the most ridiculous thing I've heard regarding pasta.
Overall

Homely flavour in warm, intimate settings

*Charmaine and I chanced upon Pasta Brava, located along the row of conservation shophouses at Tanjong Pagar area.

The dimly romantic interior decor was both tasteful and intimate, yet there was no pretentiousness to it at all. There are Straits Chinese decorations and souveinirs around the restaurant, as well as paintings done by the owner's brother. The restaurant has two stories, and we were sitting on level 2, where we enjoyed the cozier end of the restaurant. The service crew was rather attentive towards the end of the meal.

For mains, *Charmaine had the Linguine Regina del Mare (SGD$23.00) - linguine pasta with scallops, clams, prawns, squid, crayfish in garlic and tomato sauce. The linguine were springy and the gravy was a delicious mixture of sweet-sour flavour.

I chose something under the "Pasta Fatta in Casa" (homemade pasta) section, the Agnolotti Farciti al Salmone (SGD$23.50) - round shaped pasta filled with fresh and smoked mashed salmon, served with tomato and cream sauce. The pasta had a great chewy texture, and the mashed salmon was smooth, creamy, almost velvety on the tongue. It was utterly tasty.

For more detailed information and full review, please refer here:
Overall

Great service, so so food

We went here after hearing rave reviews. The service was excellent for an extremely crowded night. Hwoever, the food wasn't very impressive. It was slightly better than average but not memorable for us. We had 3 mains - the ravioli, the chocolate beef and tagliotalle. Dessert was yummy.

bad service

the first time i came i had a fantastic meal. that was 2 years ago. came back yesterday and was terribly disappointed. never have I had such snobbish service in my life. the waiters who served us were sarcastic and made snide remarks. pasta was over cooked and soggy. only thing good was the dessert. For the price I was charged, I'd rather go elsewhere. I think the waiters here wouldnt mind that at all. don't waste your time here unless you want to put up with their attitude. I liked the ambience but the experience was ruined by the service.