Reviews for Peach Blossoms (鸿桃轩)

3.4

AsianCantoneseChinese
Address: #05-00, Marina Mandarin, 6 Raffles Boulevard, 039594

Book a Table

Call our Reservations Hotline

Exquisite Ala Carte Dim Sum Buffet!

For full review and photos, please visit:

The service here was not so good. No one attended to us to take our drinks order after we were seated for around 5-10 mins - We have to call for them. There were quite a few times we couldn't find any staff nearby us to place our food order whereby the restaurant was only half-filled. As this restaurant has 3 sections, they should assign 1 or 2 staff at each section to standby since this is a 5 star hotel. Most of the staff were not with any smile too except one of them was good.

I would like to highly recommend their Steamed Honey Glazed Pork Bun! So far Peach Blossoms has the BEST Char Siew Bao as the skin was so so fluffy that no other hotel chinese restaurants can do it. And the filling was not too sweet. Overall it's melt in the mouth!

Food quality was slightly higher than other 5 star hotel chinese restaurants that I've visited, except some of the dim sum and their dessert really needs much improvements! If only the service can be warm and better, this place will be perfect.

I felt that with this price of $58++ per person excluding tea, we should be given a 3 hours buffet during weekend. For 2 hours buffet, most people would rather go for Jade@Fullerton at only $38++ with free flow tea.
• 27 Aug 2015 • 144 reviews • 0 follower

Exquisite Ala Carte Dim Sum Buffet!

For full review and photos, please visit:

• Crispy Scallop coated with Filo String topped with Fish Roe
• 28 Jul 2015 • 502 reviews • 4 followers

Dim Sum Buffet – Served from a trolley

Overall
Peach Blossoms have introduced an old-school concept to their restaurant. They are bringing back the Dim sum trolley. I liked this concept, as it brings back memories of yester-years and my visits to Hong Kong, where you look out for trollies with your favourite dim sum and you enjoy the whole dining experience.   The dim sum trolley is available for lunch on weekdays and weekends and it’s a buffet, where you have over 61 items to choose from for weekdays and more for weekends.   I came on a weekday lunch with a friend and we ate till we were more than stuffed.   From the Dim sum trolley, which is pushed around by the waitresses and you can pick what you like: - Steamed ‘Phoenix’ feet with oyster sauce: The chicken feet were deep fried and then steamed with oyster sauce and cut chilli. Its mildly spicy. - Steamed pork spare rib with black bean: I liked this. The pork ribs were tender and tasty. - Steamed radish cake with preserved meat: You get a cube of radish cake which is yellowish in color. I like the texture and taste of this. This was gone in no time. - Siew mai: Petite in size, easy to put into the mouth and eat. Not bad. - Steamed Honey glazed pork bun: - Steamed Har Gao: Small petite sized yummy goodness. Nice. - Baked egg tart: Thin flaky crust and the egg filling was soft and smooth. - Steamed vegetarian crystal dumpling with assorted wild mushroom: I found the skin a little on the thicker side, but fillings were nice. - Steamed chicken with wolfberries and Chinese wine: This was good. Meat was tender and juicy and I even drank the soup. - Poached Shrimp dumpling in Szechuan spicy sauce: Tangy sauce which gave the dish a good kick.   For the ala-carte specials - Whole abalone and wanton in superior broth: This was good. I loved the soup, which is slow boiled with old mother hens. The whole abalone was also nice and had a good bite. Recommended! - Bird’s nest on steamed egg white: The bird nest had no taste. But when you eat this with the pieces of Yunnan ham, which was salty, it added a new dimension to the dish. - Baked lobster with cheese: Half a lobster which is topped with cheese and baked. It’s fresh and delicious. - Pan-fried foie gras with smoked duck served on fried mantou: This was unique. It’s like a Chinese hamburger, with BBQ sauce drizzled over it. Eating with chopsticks was a bummer though, as you had to eat the items individually. The foie gras is the strar ingredient of this dish.   We ended the meal with a glass bowl of Chilled mango puree with sago and pomelo. It’s nice and refreshing and it’s a good end to the meal. It’s nice to be able to enjoy this dim sum trolley concept, which is hard to find in Singapore.
  • Dim Sum on the dim sum trolley
• 23 Oct 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

Small portion with high price tag

Overall
Had a bad experience of dining at this place yesterday and I have to say, the embience is overall good and comfortable but the service standards is poor.

1) Hire a Korean staff that does not understand chinese.

2) Dim Sum items are limited.

3) Expensive for a small portion of food.

I wont recommend it.