Peach Garden (Orchid Country Club) (桃苑)

Summary

Peking duck, Custard Bun, Everything except for the carrot cake, Har Gao, Roast Duck, Xiao Long Bao, all their deserts, baked small fish appetizer, shark cartillage soup View all
Children/Family, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Business Dining, Lunch, Quiet, Brunch, Private Dining View all

Ala Carte Buffet Lunch

I have tried the set dinner at Peach Garden and felt that they lived up to their reputation of good food.

But it was a disappointing experience on my recent visit to Peach Garden.

My family was there to try out their ala carte buffet lunch.

Firstly, there are not many varieties in the Ala Carte Buffet Lunch Menu, mainly fried food and there was lack of vegetable dishes.

Secondly, the waiting time of serving of food was about 20 minutes.

Knowing that the serving portion for the dim sum was small, I made it a point to indicate the numbers of portions required for each item, ie. Spring Roll x 2. But we were served a plate of spring roll (3 pcs for 11 pax).

There was practically no second or third round of serving even though we have ordered for additional round of food.

We ordered the desserts which were served in minutes, after we finished the desserts, there was still no sight of our second order of food.

Fed-up, we called for bill and we were being charged for tidbit which was not served.

We were there from 12.30pm to 2.15pm. We were served only a single round of order which consisted of about 10-15 dishes including the dim sum.

We also notice that food of those tables who were not having the buffet, were served more promptly.

We are definitely not going back for any BUFFET. I have been to other restaurants that serve ala crate buffet for REAL.

Most helpful reviews for Peach Garden (Orchid Country Club)

Great service nice Tim Sum

I have been to this place many times, food is not cheap but their Tim sum is pretty much ok in the Yishun area.
They serve Cantonese food mainly.

So I was at this place again for TIm Sum lunch and I tried a few dishes.
Some was decent but their so called best seller char Siew or roast pork, was very hard.
I made a complain and they were promptly taken away.

What impressed me most was their captain.
Her service was superb.
When we complain about it she was very apologetic and after talked to their chef she came out again and told us they agreed my comments and will not charge me.
On top of that she even serve is free dessert!
1 of the dish we ordered but served not what we wanted, again she apologise and change promptly.

If every restaurant has such captain like her, eating out will be a bliss.

Thank you very much Ms QB WONG!

Poor Service!! avoid holding your function at peach garden OCC!

I brought my wife and her parents for lunch to celebrate their birthday and had a bad experience. The service and food was horrible. We ordered the set menu and the staff and normally you would expect each dish to be served only when you finish the earlier one. The waitress just dumped the dishes and left them there. The dishes were also cold and poorly executed. You can get better food at cze char restaurants to be honest and is totally not something you would associate with a good restaurant. Can you imagine the waitress asking if they can serve dessert immediately after serving you a bowl of fried rice? Imagine if you host a wedding banquet there and this is how your guest are treated.

I emailed my feedback to the management and their response was pathetic as well. Did not ask for much details and just mentioned they will improve training.

I would not recommend the restaurant to anyone especially if you are planning to hold important functions there. Poor service, poor food and lack of sincerity from the management in addressing complaints.

Nice prawns

For full review, please visit https://phuachiuyen.wordpress.com/2012/05/16/peach-garden-orchid-country-club/

Shark’s fin, soya bean drink, deep fried fish, pan fried fish, crispy prawns, deep fried prawns, braised beancurd, fried udon, mushroom strips, pan fried beef.

ALL ARE SO YUMMY =)

Hi Tea Dim Sum buffet

Went for their Hi Tea dim sum buffet with a group of 7. Listed on their flyer was stated more than 30 dim sum varieties. But in my opinion, not more than 15 dim sum items, the rest was those dishes like sweet sour pork, pork ribs, vegetables. Rice roll was slightly too thick. Even their mini egg tarts was not replenished just after first hour into the start of the buffet. Their porridge was nice though. Overall quite disappointed

Pre made dim sum?

The cheong fun was not soft, felt like it has been pre-made in central kitchen. The rest of the dim sum was quite disappointing while the seafood range was priced higher than Crystal Jade while offering lower quality level.

The management of Peach Garden (Orchid Country Club) responded to this review:
22 Jul 2015
Hi there, thank you for your feedback on HungryGoWhere. We're currently in the midst of investigation and will definitely be in contact shortly. May we trouble you to send us your contact no & email address to [email protected]? Hope to hear from you soon.