Review for Peach Garden (Orchid Country Club) (桃苑)

AsianCantoneseChineseDim Sum
Address: #02-35, Orchid Country Club, 1 Orchid Club Road, 769162
11 Apr 2011 • 1 Review • 0 Follower

Ala Carte Buffet Lunch

Overall
I have tried the set dinner at Peach Garden and felt that they lived up to their reputation of good food.

But it was a disappointing experience on my recent visit to Peach Garden.

My family was there to try out their ala carte buffet lunch.

Firstly, there are not many varieties in the Ala Carte Buffet Lunch Menu, mainly fried food and there was lack of vegetable dishes.

Secondly, the waiting time of serving of food was about 20 minutes.

Knowing that the serving portion for the dim sum was small, I made it a point to indicate the numbers of portions required for each item, ie. Spring Roll x 2. But we were served a plate of spring roll (3 pcs for 11 pax).

There was practically no second or third round of serving even though we have ordered for additional round of food.

We ordered the desserts which were served in minutes, after we finished the desserts, there was still no sight of our second order of food.

Fed-up, we called for bill and we were being charged for tidbit which was not served.

We were there from 12.30pm to 2.15pm. We were served only a single round of order which consisted of about 10-15 dishes including the dim sum.

We also notice that food of those tables who were not having the buffet, were served more promptly.

We are definitely not going back for any BUFFET. I have been to other restaurants that serve ala crate buffet for REAL.