Mon - Sat: 12:00 - 14:30
Mon - Sat: 18:30 - 23:00
PepeNero, offers a dining experience that excites the senses: an elegant and vibrant atmosphere, gracious service and delectable menu in the business district of Singapore. The chef combines authentic italian cooking with a contemporary take and is inspired by the rhythm of the seasons.
See other reviews at http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.com
I couldn't say that Pepenero's traditional Italian fare blew me away; it was more than commendable for sure, but it was likely to get lost in a sea of about a million decent Italian restaurants in our little red dot; I found it difficult to pinpoint a distinguishing uniqueness that would make Pepenero an unforgettable standout.
Service was earnest, but can get a tad choppy, due to its lean staffing. Even so, Pepenero manages to exude a quiet charm.
1) Burrata ($42 for 300gm): massive dome of gorgeous cheese, set atop an arugula bed, and paired with juicy cherry tomatoes and pink sashes of Parma Ham (additional $10). This may be a smidge too much for two persons, we struggled to finish this.
2) Risotto ($26): fat carnaroli grains bursting with the essence of porcini and accented with white truffle. I love how generous Pepenero is with its mushrooms.
3) Grigliata ($38): a platter of white fish, half a Boston lobster tail, tiger prawns, scallop, mussel, squid, and asparagus, all grilled to perfection. I particularly enjoyed the squid, smoky, and soft.
4) Cioccolata ($16) - chocolate lava cake with vanilla gelato: excellent and nuanced
Read my full review with more pictures
We have tried the following:
- Polpette - Baked Pork Meat Ball
- Granchio - Crab Meat Cake
- Spaghetti - Black Squid Ink Spaghetti Pasta Served with Crab Meat
- Ossobuco - Braised Veal Shank "Ossobuco"
- Semifreddo - Frozen Zabaglione Souffle served with Amaretto sauce
Pepenero is a elegantly chic and fun restaurant which is a great place for meeting up with friends and an casual dining date with hints of nostalgic in the air. Love the modern retro ambience!~ The dishes are great especially for the appetizers. I am totally in love with the Polpette - Baked Pork Meat Ball and Granchio - Crab Meat Cake. I will definitely be back again!~