Mon - Sat: 12:00 - 14:30
Mon - Sat: 18:30 - 23:00
PepeNero, offers a dining experience that excites the senses: an elegant and vibrant atmosphere, gracious service and delectable menu in the business district of Singapore. The chef combines authentic italian cooking with a contemporary take and is inspired by the rhythm of the seasons.
See other reviews at http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.com
I couldn't say that Pepenero's traditional Italian fare blew me away; it was more than commendable for sure, but it was likely to get lost in a sea of about a million decent Italian restaurants in our little red dot; I found it difficult to pinpoint a distinguishing uniqueness that would make Pepenero an unforgettable standout.
Service was earnest, but can get a tad choppy, due to its lean staffing. Even so, Pepenero manages to exude a quiet charm.
1) Burrata ($42 for 300gm): massive dome of gorgeous cheese, set atop an arugula bed, and paired with juicy cherry tomatoes and pink sashes of Parma Ham (additional $10). This may be a smidge too much for two persons, we struggled to finish this.
2) Risotto ($26): fat carnaroli grains bursting with the essence of porcini and accented with white truffle. I love how generous Pepenero is with its mushrooms.
3) Grigliata ($38): a platter of white fish, half a Boston lobster tail, tiger prawns, scallop, mussel, squid, and asparagus, all grilled to perfection. I particularly enjoyed the squid, smoky, and soft.
4) Cioccolata ($16) - chocolate lava cake with vanilla gelato: excellent and nuanced
Read my full review with more pictures
We have tried the following:
- Polpette - Baked Pork Meat Ball
- Granchio - Crab Meat Cake
- Spaghetti - Black Squid Ink Spaghetti Pasta Served with Crab Meat
- Ossobuco - Braised Veal Shank "Ossobuco"
- Semifreddo - Frozen Zabaglione Souffle served with Amaretto sauce
Pepenero is a elegantly chic and fun restaurant which is a great place for meeting up with friends and an casual dining date with hints of nostalgic in the air. Love the modern retro ambience!~ The dishes are great especially for the appetizers. I am totally in love with the Polpette - Baked Pork Meat Ball and Granchio - Crab Meat Cake. I will definitely be back again!~
Ordered the cappelini with clams in white wine sauce. The pasta sauce was impressive with the right amount of wine and parsley added to it.
Will also like to commend on the affable service staff-Yusof and his
team! Definitely a place to return to.
good Italian food & decent service. Egg plant with parmasan as started which was nice. Main dish was papardelle with deer, bit sourish as it suppose to be. The only thing is that the restaurant is not that cozy a bit "cold" and it was surprisingly quite for a Saturday.