Reviews for Pizza Bar Da Donato

EuropeanItalianPizzaWestern
Address: 8 Sixth Avenue, 276473
15 Nov 2009

Tasty. Cheap. Awesome!

As a fan of both pizza and takeaway, this little joint couldn't be better. Me and group of friends came here when we decided to rent a couple of movies and watch them along with some classic pizza. Being that the hotline delivery of textbook deliverers like Canadian, Pizza Hut and Rocky's were completely swamped (Saturday night) we drove here instead. Behold! The pizza was fresh and heated and ready for takeaway as soon as we arrived, sitting on a traditional wooden pizza bench, we could chose from a smorgasbord of toppings. Heck, they even had a potato pizza, among others! We each had a slice, which are quite large, at popped them in a takeaway pizza box and skedaddled back to watch the movie. I chose bacon 'n cheese pizza, which, upon tasting was admirable and crispy. The bacon was well textured and the tomato sauce was out of this world! Although, the cheese was a bit rubbery. My friends all liked their pizza was much as I did.

For $6 a pop, I will defiantly return.
Margarita Pizza, Bacon 'n Cheese Pizza, Four Cheese Pizza

More reviews of Pizza Bar Da Donato

Hei Italiano~

Yummy Pizza outlet situated at 6th Avenue . I've been there a couple of times . And have met the owner of the place during my first visit too, his name is Donato Mazzola that explains the name Pizza da Donato! Pssst... he's one hottie! hahhaa... i doubt he remember's me cause the first time i been there was like a few months back already and recently i went there for a drink with a close friend .

The pizza is good! I love the pepperoni pizza made at whizz-speed prepared by the owner himself Donato. The Sausages are good too! I think this pizza outlet or parlour is way much better than pizzahut seriously. If you'd like a taste of authentic italian pizza!

It's also so much more affordable than having pizzahut delivery!

i like balls!

This is a lil hole in the wall establishment which I find myself coming back to time after time. What makes this realtively nondescript eatery stand out is the fact taht it serves pretty fantastic pizzas.

I hate thick fat breaded crusts so if thats gets your tractor on, then this probably isn't the place for you. However, if you would rather not die from carb overload. you will appreciate that this place focuses more on the ingredients more.

My favorite pizza is also probably the roast chicken mayo with a ton of grass (SALAD). I do not normally partake in rabbit food but I'm ok with the veges here.

Oh. also try the potato balls. I used to love pomme noisette growing up but I don't really find them in my freezer anymore. This place makes GIANT pomme noisettes which I like very much.

There isn't much of an ambience and it does get very hot if u do come in the afternoon, but its great for takeaways as well if you want to avoid the heat.

Oooh and order a whole pizza. U get to choose different slices to make up one pizza and it ends up being cheaper as compared to ordering them as individual slices!

Thumbs up from the BF - Not your usual, round, pizza

BF: Authentic Italian Pizza - not too salty like the big franchise brands. The ingredients are fresh and the toppings are generous. The crust is chewy but not overwhelming and the cheese contains many subtle flavours.

The potato wedges there are also pretty good - but I never knew that Italians liked wedges.

Each pizza is more costly than what you would expect for its size, but the pizza is rather filling so you don't need to order that much surface area anyway. My only complaint is that the drinks are sold at a high mark-up.

The restaurant only has about 7 tables, but I haven't had any problems finding seats the two times I've been there.