Reviews for Ponggol Nasi Lemak (Jalan Besar)

3.4

AsianChinese
Address: #01-01, 371 Jalan Besar, 208998

Please check your take away boxes before leaving!

I love the nasi lemak here. I take away my lunch almost every weekend from the Jalan Basar outlet. But on two occasions I realised the take away box didnt have the contents I ordered. One time a half rice was missing and another time cucumber and chilli was missing. First time I didnt go back to the outlet, but second time I went there and they added the chili. Both times I found out that contents were missing after I have went back home.

Please make sure you check your contents in the take away boxes before leaving the premises. It's a bit dissapointing when you found out that items are missing when you go back home. No complains what so ever about the taste, I love it.
• 11 Jul 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

Please check your take away boxes before leaving!

• 26 Mar 2015 • 98 reviews • 2 followers

New Concept, new house specialties

Overall
Full review: http://www.jacqsowhat.com/2015/03/ponggol-nasi-lemak-jalan-besar.html

At the latest flagship store, there's an added perk of 7 new premium house specialties. The updated menu also includes a new home-brewed Hibiscus Iced Tea ($1.90) and a myriad of homemade sorbet and ice cream.Started off with one of the new premium house specialties, Crispy Chicken Skin w Curry Leaves ($1.50 per serving/ $4.80 per tub). Rather addictive. Grilled Japanese Squid with Special Sauce ($7.50 per piece). The squid that is air-flown from Japan is grilled before it is served with a robust dip of kicap manis.And of couse the fried stuff Crispy Battered Whole Prawn ($3.80 for 2 pcs) & Crispy Battered Fish Fillet ($3.80 for 2 pcs).

The first time sweets are making an appearance at Ponggol Nasi Lemak. The homemade Ice cream and Sorbet are going at $2.50 per cup. Sorbet selections include Raspberry Mango, Lemongrass Lim, Pink Guava, Kyoho Grape, Passion Fruit and Blood Orange. As for the ice cream selections, flavours available here are Milo, Peanut Butter Milk and Green Tea. There were Horlick as well during my visit. Overall, I personally like the new store! :)
• 25 Mar 2015 • 56 reviews • 0 follower

Ponggol Nasi Lemak @ Jalan Besar

Overall
An example of how tradition means modernity -This new concept can be replicated due to the fast food design.  Food was surprisingly as good as its other outlets. Its plus point would be the variety of ingredients you can choose to go with your nasi lemak and the fully air-conditioned environment to escape the heat of tropical Singapore. Read my full post and pictures @ http://shauneeie.blogspot.sg/2015/03/ponggol-nasi-lemak-jalan-besar.html
  • fried chicken skin