Reviews for Ponggol Nasi Lemak (Jalan Besar)

3.2

AsianChinese
Address: 371 Jalan Besar
Raymond1959

Nice!

A friend told me about this new outlet. Passby couple of times but did not think that it's the same Punggol as it jus seem to be too different from the other 2 branches. But yes, they are the same people behind this. Cos i can recognise that same uncle from kovan and after speaking to him got to know that it's their latest outlet.

Food is as good as kovan. Environment is nice and comfy and very clean. Even the toilet is spotless. One highlight about this new shop is their variety seems to be larger than the other 2. They even make their own ice cream and sorbet(very nice and smooth) now which makes it even more impressive.

And to many who say they are expensive, are you sure? I would rather pay the $4.30 for my set meal than to pay $5 for a wanton noodle or $8 for a burger with some fries and drink. Oh and yes, i get fresh chicken instead of frozen ones which almost all other nasi lemak stalls uses.

Anyway, just keep up the good work guys! Will be back....

23 Jan 2015 • 6 reviews • 0 follower

Nice!

Anyway, just keep up the good work guys! Will be back....

08 Sep 2014 • 6 reviews • 0 follower

This Is The Taste!

I've been a regular at Kovan outlet for years and I must say they certainly did a great job maintaining their standard across every outlets. My 6yrs old love it and when I tried to con him into believing a pkt I tapao frm another stall is Ponggol, he freaked out and said thats not the Nasi Lemak he wants! Faint!!!

In fact I somehow finds that this new outlet did better in some areas. For whatever reason the wings seems juicier and crispier. Their veg has got the consistency which kovan seems to lack. Otah is always hot! And theres something I need to highlight! Those almost always smiling servers who almost always give in to all my special requests! I never had that from my years as a regular in their other outlets! Most regulars will know what I meant! LOL

I've been eating here for the past 2 months now as my work place is alot nearer. Comfortable and clean and soft drinks at 1.90 gets free top ups! One thing I hope the boss takes note, chilli's taste is sometimes salty.

Cheers!
05 Sep 2014 • 15 reviews • 0 follower

There are better Nasi Lemak elsewhere at cheaper price!

IT IS LOUSY!
After reading the first review on this place, i paid a visit last week and it was a big mistake. To make matter worse, parking is scarce, i paid $11.80 for 2 packets of lousy Nasi Lemak.
RICE is dry. EGG is hard and tasteless. CHICKEN WING far from normal standard. Otah and Luncheon meat is so so abit on the thin side.

Please, if u love your food and crave for Nasi Lemak, do not waste your calories intake and money on this expensive and lack standard restaurant.

Similar Listings