Reviews for Ponggol Nasi Lemak (Jalan Besar)

AsianChinese
Dansen Teow

This Is The Taste!

I've been a regular at Kovan outlet for years and I must say they certainly did a great job maintaining their standard across every outlets. My 6yrs old love it and when I tried to con him into believing a pkt I tapao frm another stall is Ponggol, he freaked out and said thats not the Nasi Lemak he wants! Faint!!!

In fact I somehow finds that this new outlet did better in some areas. For whatever reason the wings seems juicier and crispier. Their veg has got the consistency which kovan seems to lack. Otah is always hot! And theres something I need to highlight! Those almost always smiling servers who almost always give in to all my special requests! I never had that from my years as a regular in their other outlets! Most regulars will know what I meant! LOL

I've been eating here for the past 2 months now as my work place is alot nearer. Comfortable and clean and soft drinks at 1.90 gets free top ups! One thing I hope the boss takes note, chilli's taste is sometimes salty.

Cheers!
08 Sep 2014 • 6 reviews • 0 follower

This Is The Taste!

Cheers!
05 Sep 2014 • 15 reviews • 0 follower

There are better Nasi Lemak elsewhere at cheaper price!

IT IS LOUSY!
After reading the first review on this place, i paid a visit last week and it was a big mistake. To make matter worse, parking is scarce, i paid $11.80 for 2 packets of lousy Nasi Lemak.
RICE is dry. EGG is hard and tasteless. CHICKEN WING far from normal standard. Otah and Luncheon meat is so so abit on the thin side.

Please, if u love your food and crave for Nasi Lemak, do not waste your calories intake and money on this expensive and lack standard restaurant.
Set 2, with extras
07 May 2014 • 296 reviews • 13 followers

Nasi lemak, fast food style

Despite being taken aback by its fast food-style set-up - reminded us of KFC - we couldn't just have set 2 (crisp chicken wing, runny-centred egg and sweet, crunchy ikan bilis, $4.80) - we added on the slightly spicy otah ($1.50), fish ($1.50), plump lady's fingers ($1.10), brinjal with dried shrimp ($1.10) and long beans ($1.10). The vegetables were very well done, though we wish the sambal was less sweet. If the first floor is filled up, there are more seats on the second floor.