Summary

chicken wing, curry vegetables, archar, lady's fingers, long beans, Drumstick, brinjal, otah, wings View all
Children/Family, After Work, Cheap Eat/Budget View all

Punggol Nasi Lemak at new Jalan Besar outlet

Now they serve for lunch. 11.30am - 2.30pm (Lunch) 5.30pm - 10.30pm (Dinner)
Taste is same as their Serangoon and Tanjong Katong outlet. Aircon available.

Most helpful reviews for Ponggol Nasi Lemak (Jalan Besar)

Yes, check your order !

Went to the new outlet at Jalan Besar. The guy behind the counter (there's only this one older male front service staff, maybe manager/owner) expressed some reluctance to fulfill my order of extra side portions. I ordered anyway because I was hungry, and he gave me tiny portions on both the set and side order. It all looked very deliberate, and very very dishonest. It's not the cost that bothers me but the repeated practice of intentionally reducing portion sizes. Yes, this wasn't the first time. I could have told him off, but decided I'm just not going here anymore. I even brought 5 friends. Distasteful experience. Gonna stick to Adam Road where they don't scrimp on these things.

Please check your take away boxes before leaving!

Food/Drink 3 | Value 3 | Ambience N/A | Service 1

I love the nasi lemak here. I take away my lunch almost every weekend from the Jalan Basar outlet. But on two occasions I realised the take away box didnt have the contents I ordered. One time a half rice was missing and another time cucumber and chilli was missing. First time I didnt go back to the outlet, but second time I went there and they added the chili. Both times I found out that contents were missing after I have went back home.

Please make sure you check your contents in the take away boxes before leaving the premises. It's a bit dissapointing when you found out that items are missing when you go back home. No complains what so ever about the taste, I love it.

New Concept, new house specialties

Full review: http://www.jacqsowhat.com/2015/03/ponggol-nasi-lemak-jalan-besar.html

At the latest flagship store, there's an added perk of 7 new premium house specialties. The updated menu also includes a new home-brewed Hibiscus Iced Tea ($1.90) and a myriad of homemade sorbet and ice cream.Started off with one of the new premium house specialties, Crispy Chicken Skin w Curry Leaves ($1.50 per serving/ $4.80 per tub). Rather addictive. Grilled Japanese Squid with Special Sauce ($7.50 per piece). The squid that is air-flown from Japan is grilled before it is served with a robust dip of kicap manis.And of couse the fried stuff Crispy Battered Whole Prawn ($3.80 for 2 pcs) & Crispy Battered Fish Fillet ($3.80 for 2 pcs).

The first time sweets are making an appearance at Ponggol Nasi Lemak. The homemade Ice cream and Sorbet are going at $2.50 per cup. Sorbet selections include Raspberry Mango, Lemongrass Lim, Pink Guava, Kyoho Grape, Passion Fruit and Blood Orange. As for the ice cream selections, flavours available here are Milo, Peanut Butter Milk and Green Tea. There were Horlick as well during my visit. Overall, I personally like the new store! :)

Ponggol Nasi Lemak @ Jalan Besar

An example of how tradition means modernity -This new concept can be replicated due to the fast food design.  Food was surprisingly as good as its other outlets. Its plus point would be the variety of ingredients you can choose to go with your nasi lemak and the fully air-conditioned environment to escape the heat of tropical Singapore. Read my full post and pictures @ http://shauneeie.blogspot.sg/2015/03/ponggol-nasi-lemak-jalan-besar.html

Nice!

A friend told me about this new outlet. Passby couple of times but did not think that it's the same Punggol as it jus seem to be too different from the other 2 branches. But yes, they are the same people behind this. Cos i can recognise that same uncle from kovan and after speaking to him got to know that it's their latest outlet.

Food is as good as kovan. Environment is nice and comfy and very clean. Even the toilet is spotless. One highlight about this new shop is their variety seems to be larger than the other 2. They even make their own ice cream and sorbet(very nice and smooth) now which makes it even more impressive.

And to many who say they are expensive, are you sure? I would rather pay the $4.30 for my set meal than to pay $5 for a wanton noodle or $8 for a burger with some fries and drink. Oh and yes, i get fresh chicken instead of frozen ones which almost all other nasi lemak stalls uses.

Anyway, just keep up the good work guys! Will be back....