Mon - Fri: 12:00 - 14:30
Mon - Fri: 18:30 - 22:30
Sat: 18:30 - 22:30
Head Chef Daniele Sarno’s specialty lies in his ability to create authentic and traditional dishes but with a modern twist.
Decided on ala carte style lunch ordering on my 2nd visit here:
1) Slow-cooked live Blue Lobster - limited for a period of time, the lobster was real good, felt almost like melt in your mouth
2) Parma Ham & Melon - very nice combination of parma ham, rock melon and cheese to whet your appetite
3) Butternut Squash soup - tasted somewhat like pumpkin soup, and the staff surprised us by splitting 1 portion of soup into 2 bowls for our convenience
4) Pappardelle pasta with Lamb ragout - simple but tasty dish that reminded me of beef bolognaise. Except that this is better
5) Wagyu Steak (grade 8 if i remember correctly) - melts in your mouth, whats more to say?
Overall very nice dining experience, the staff was very helpful and prompt. Even though the price is abit on the high side, worth another visit again.
I have dined at Pontini a few times and have always thought the food and service to be excellent. However my last visit to the restaurant was a disappointment. We ordered the baked seabass for two people ($78). The fish still had scales on the skin, and we found a number of bones. I would have thought the chef should have done a more thorough job in descaling and deboning the fish. When we gave our feedback to the waitress, she just replied with a dull "okay". I doubt I will go back to the restaurant again. It's not worth the price.
For full review & photos, please visit:
This brand new Italian buffet by Chef Daniele, features a plethora of antipasti, breads, soup, main courses and desserts from various regions in Italy.
Service here was really good! I'm so glad to see Chef Daniele in person as he will go to each table to ask how was the food! I find this was really nice of him, trying to gather feedback from the guests in person to see how he can improve.
The food and dessert quality was quite good, except the pizza and Tiramisu needs improvement.This is a Value For Money Italian Buffet that you have to try!