Review for Potato Head Folk

BeerCocktailsDrinksWesternWines
Address: 36 Keong Saik Road, 089143
03 Jul 2014

Saved By Quirk

Brought my friend from Hong Kong to give PTF a try. Everything was a disappointment. It was 11am. For starters, we decided to have tea & coffee, Naughty Fries and Wing-It, thinking we will move on to the burgers after. When the tea arrived, it was wrong on so many levels.

Firstly, we ordered an English Breakfast. It came in a small MUG (not teapot) and it was LIPTON. For $6, we would expect them to maybe serve it with a little more water, in a teapot. We asked for another mug of hot water before the tea gets too thick, however the hot water came 10mins later and the tea was already cold.

Anyway, who serves hot tea in a glass mug? It was too hot to hold the mug.

The naughty fries that came was cold. The toppings were dry and did not stick to the fries.

Now for Wing-It. You would expect some wings and drumlets. No.... They should call it Drum-It instead as there were only drumlets! Looking past that, we decided to sink our teeth into the drums and all we had were fried flour. The crust on the wings was thick enough to be a cookie. on top of that, my friend had a drum that was not thoroughly cooked.

We never got to the burgers, we left the place, unsatisfied and hungry, with left over Fries and "Drum-It". And vow never to return.

We continued our catch-up in a cafe further down the road. Terrific Service. Terrific Tea. Gryphon tea, in a teapot. At $4. And yummy food.

My verdict: Potato Head Folk is a place to be hip, or pretend you are.
We did not try the burgers so maybe they are worth the horrid service and pretentious crowd.

More reviews of Potato Head Folk

Finally a Burger with Passion

Had the opportunity to dine in this restaurant for a late lunch while visiting Singapore. As a regular in Bali at the Beach Club I had high expectations and was not let down. Everything about this establishment is great.... Food, Ambience, Staff, Service coulf not be faulted. My favorite part of the luch was the Naughty Fries - simply stunning, so much so that I had a hard time sharing with my friend. Next time I visit I will try the rooftop as I hear it is also very special.

I don't get it?

Lame food.  Sad selection.  Waiters would rather chit-chat among themselves by the bar rather than making sure that the diners are taken care of.  We paid $150 for 4 of us in a place that supposedly a hip joint from Bali?  No darn way we will go back even if it's a free meal.  The reservation and greeters at the front are on the ball though, the only good thing about this establishment.

wont visit again

the choice of food was limited, the price of the burger was too expensive.
 I ordered honky tonk which was a chicken burger with 2 patty cost $20.
ambience was noisy and don really wish to stay longer after our meal.
The staff restricted the waiting time of the table , as my friend arrive earlier than the rest of the group.
Wont visit again. :(
Overall

Great venue for catch up with friends

Nice spot in town - great service and ambience. However, if you're looking to come here for the burgers- don't. The burgers are on average $30++ and mediocre - flavorful but small. . Home made drinks /shakes and chicken wings are recommended.

Fantastic Place

I had hear so much about this place in newspapers and magazines, and finally got round to visiting it myself this weekend with some friends. I was blown away by the interiors of this old Chinatown building, super cool and creative. We had some drinks on their gorgeous rooftop bar (excellent cocktails) and then went to the restaurant for their burgers. The food was so delicious, burgers are burgers you might think, but these were so flavorsome and juicy, with great sauces - we had a few different ones and they were all good. It's not cheap for sure, but the service was chatty and quick and we had a lovely time - we will be back!