Prima Tower Revolving Restaurant (百龄麦旋转酒楼)

Summary

DON"T TRY PLEASEEEEEE!!, Peking duck, ... timing how long one revolution takes, Scallops with egg white and fish, and then calculating your angular velocity..., not this set menu definitely View all
Lunch, Children/Family, Dinner, View/Scenery, Large Groups/Gathering, Business Dining, Weddings View all

BAD National Day experience at PRIMA

I went to Prima on National Day 14, to celebrate my mum in law’s birthday. I regret to say that this is the worse experience we ever had.
Prima recommended the national day set, which cost me $550+ after GST. Menu was lobster salad, Peking duck, shark fin, broccoli with abalone, steam fish, noodle, and chrysanthemum cake. This menu is quite, and no doubt the entire ingredients used are generous, but …..X0X0…..
Lobster salad – by mum-in-law asked, is this chicken salad? My bro in-law, say, no it is pork salad. End up; we ate the beans and vegetable of the salad, not the lobster. I am 100% sure the lobster is way over cooked.
Peking duck – shouldn’t it be crispy but juicy within??? The duck skin I have was dry, not even a drip of oil!! tasted worse than what I BBQ….. Imagine you BBQ a pock slice (Ba4 qua1) till it turn black, it is exactly that taste that you imagine!!. I think they pre-cook it in the afternoon, and microwave it at night (and I got the overcooked duck)
Shark fin is tasteless – no doubt every bowl has a lot of shark fin, but the soap is tasteless.
Broccoli with Abalone – broccoli is not cooked. We only ate the abalone.
Noodle – ok, but it is as good as the coffee-shop standard. I think is a new cook.
Chrysanthemum cake - this is the best of the day, but I think they prepare beforehand.
I am not sure if they got temp cooks, but the standard is worse than any coffee shop I been to. I saw the chef cook came up around 8.30pm, I think must have lots of complain.
Note –Actually I like this restaurant before this incident, I go there twice a month for dim sum, it is good. But I will recommend against going during festival season, or occasions (wedding??) where they do mess cooking.

Most helpful reviews for Prima Tower Revolving Restaurant

Good Quality Dim Sum with Panoramic Sea View!

For full review and photos, please visit:

I find this place very interesting as you need to go through many steps before you can reach the destination. (Like going for an adventure) I didn't expect the food quality here to be quite good as the reviews at hungrygowhere were mostly bad. The dim sum here are quite unique compared to other chinese restaurants. But the tea served here was quite low quality.

As for the service, the reviewers were all right - Don't expect any service here. They will only pour the tea for you once when they served the teapot, thereafter please pour yourself. And don't expect any smile from the staff as they were mostly quite grumpy. As long you don't bother with the service, just enjoy the food and the great view and you'll feel happy to dine here! But do note that the revolving will be jerky at certain point sometimes as this is a very old building. Overall Prima Tower is still a very nice place to dine at with the panoramic sea view from PSA to Sentosa! At least a different view from Marina Bay!

it is the past now

I came here for brunch with my familY on a Sunday. There were more than 20 of us. First, we drove all the way there to enjoy dim sum with a view and visit some nostalgia. Of course, the carpark was crappy but luckily there was valet. 1. Food: it is really low standard Tim sum. Oily. Microwave heated. And practically overwhelming tastes to cover all its flaws. Like the Char Siew Bun which fell apart the moment u touched it. Or the Har Gao which tastes like the prawns were kept for ten years. The steamed rice roll that has oil for sauce. And all this would have been acceptable if they kept their pricing to 1975 pricing but no. Everything was ridiculously expensive. Lousy food + high prices= failed 2. Service: what service? I don't even get why we have to pay the 10% service charge when we didn't get any service. 3. View: not bad for a $400+ brunch but really not worth it.

Peking duck and Osmanthus cake dessert worth a try!

Great service and wonderful view, food so so

Dine at this restaurant twice, once for dim sum and once for dinner. I must say that the view from the restaurant is great. You can see sentosa, vivocity etc. and the view changes each time you look out of the restaurant.

Dim sum is good overall and prices are more reasonable. We had dinner there recently and i find the price is at the steep side, also the food served is ok, but nothing fantastic. Would recommand for dim sum and lunch set ...

Photos and reviews: