wjimmy
 • 10 Aug 2014 1 review 0 follower
Overall
I went to Prima on National Day 14, to celebrate my mum in law’s birthday. I regret to say that this is the worse experience we ever had.
Prima recommended the national day set, which cost me $550+ after GST. Menu was lobster salad, Peking duck, shark fin, broccoli with abalone, steam fish, noodle, and chrysanthemum cake. This menu is quite, and no doubt the entire ingredients used are generous, but …..X0X0…..
Lobster salad – by mum-in-law asked, is this chicken salad? My bro in-law, say, no it is pork salad. End up; we ate the beans and vegetable of the salad, not the lobster. I am 100% sure the lobster is way over cooked.
Peking duck – shouldn’t it be crispy but juicy within??? The duck skin I have was dry, not even a drip of oil!! tasted worse than what I BBQ….. Imagine you BBQ a pock slice (Ba4 qua1) till it turn black, it is exactly that taste that you imagine!!. I think they pre-cook it in the afternoon, and microwave it at night (and I got the overcooked duck)
Shark fin is tasteless – no doubt every bowl has a lot of shark fin, but the soap is tasteless.
Broccoli with Abalone – broccoli is not cooked. We only ate the abalone.
Noodle – ok, but it is as good as the coffee-shop standard. I think is a new cook.
Chrysanthemum cake - this is the best of the day, but I think they prepare beforehand.
I am not sure if they got temp cooks, but the standard is worse than any coffee shop I been to. I saw the chef cook came up around 8.30pm, I think must have lots of complain.
Note –Actually I like this restaurant before this incident, I go there twice a month for dim sum, it is good. But I will recommend against going during festival season, or occasions (wedding??) where they do mess cooking.

Must tries: DON"T TRY PLEASEEEEEE!!