Back to Prince Of Wales101 Dunlop Street

Cheap Eat/Budget3 votes

Jesper Lowgren
 • 13 Aug 2012 6 reviews 0 follower
Overall
Went to PoW with some friends - the place was full of slightly smelly and dishevelled backpackers, and there was an air of menace about one table. Sure enough there was some trouble after some beers had been consumed. Not my sort of place

Management

Dear Jesper

Thank you for your review.

I have contacted the General Manager in regards to your review and I can assure you that the Prince of Wales will be smelling of roses by the end of the week.

Prince of Wales is now reaching its 9th year of operation and I must say, its been a lot of fun along the way. Great bands, staff and customers have come through those doors and i hope that you may give 'the POW' another chance when you are back in the area.

Once again, thanks for the review and I wish you a great week ahead.

Yours sincerely

Malcolm Davies

Owner.

15 August 2012

Yen Bennett
 • 31 Jul 2012 3 reviews 2 followers
Overall
Hidden in a back street in Little India is this gem of a pub. A bity grungy, but great bar food, good beers and a good selection of live music

Des Clay-Merse
 • 28 Jul 2011 1 review 1 follower
Overall
When I heard that POW had taken control of it's own kitchen I was tentatively happy... I had never liked the Bergs Burgers who had sublet the kitchen and was hopeful that I might get a decent meal there at long last. And boy, did I! The Australian Counter Meal concept seems familiar in a "pub-grub" way, but it was the size of the portions at such reasonable prices that perhaps made it stand out.

In retrospect we ordered too much food - Looking at the prices I assumed relatively small portions, but they were massive! The ribs in particular would feed a small family. But the quantity did not result in a lowering of quality either. The burgers were fat and juicy, the ribs melted from the bone, and the steak was cooked to perfection.

With the Movenpick ice-cream included in the dessert ridiculously underpriced I felt like I was paying back-street prices for a 5-star dinner

The menu and chef are new, so hopefully they can maintain this great start - I will be back again for sure!

Must tries: jam jars, Ribs, Grand Ridge Beer

Cheap Eat/Budget, Dinner, Large Groups/Gathering, Romance/First Dates, Corporate Events, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out, After Work, Chillout, Live Band, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Hidden Find, Wine Lists, Live Band, People Watching