Summary

Eggs Benedict, all day breakfasts, milkshakes, chocolate tart, Coffees, Ultimate breakfast, Peanut Butter Crunch Cake, Sticky Date Pudding, cakes, eggs royale, mushroom soup, Apple Crumble Cup Cake, Chicken Mushroom Bechamel Pie, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake, Eggs florentine, Fluffy pancakes, Hazelnut Praline Royale, Lamb Shank, Lemon Meringue Pie, MISO COD BURGER, Omelette with Sausages, Scrambled eggs, Simply prive burger, Strawberries with Chocolate, Toast and butter (can u sense the sarcasm), Tomato Soup, black beans and eggs, carbonara, cheesecakes, crepes, latte, prive burger, short rib pot pie, smoked duck salad, smoked salmon quiche, smoothie View all
Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Brunch, Waterfront, Chillout, View/Scenery, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Romance/First Dates, After Work, Quiet, Children/Family, Hidden Find, High Tea, Girls Night Out, Large Groups/Gathering, Boys Night Out, Supper, People Watching, Business Breakfast, Business Dining, Wine Lists, Live Band, Private Dining, Anniversary, Birthdays, Weddings, Wheelchair Friendly, Fine Dining, Healthy Eating, Vibrant/Noisy, Ala Carte, Corporate Events, Vegetarians View all

Great ambience for a meal

A relaxing place for brunch and after work dinner. Went there the very first time for brunch, was crowded on a weekend. Tried their eggs benedict, was ok. Didn't quite like the ham inside and the sauce became kind of gross after eating a couple of bites. Their coffee was ok.

The 2nd time I went back, I had their soft shell crab sides and a main (Don't quite remember what I ordered), the soft shell crab is served with a special sauce which leaves quite a deep impression in me.

Overall, the food taste quite ok. However, the ambience gives a plus point to the little cafe.

Most helpful reviews for Prive Cafe

Great experience everytime

Been to Prive a few times and its one of my choiced place for brunch. My most recent was with my out of town friend last Saturday for brunch. I made an reservation for 2 for indoor seating cos I was worried about the unpredictable weather. Turned out to be a lovely windy day and Prive's very accommodating staff gave us outdoor seating. Seeing I was heavily pregnant, they gave me a table under the shades and immediately offered me seat cushions. I was extremely touched by the gesture! Food was served promptly and delish as normal. My friend had the Prive breakfast and I had eggs benedict. Unfortunately, Prive didnt have a bigger sized coffee for my caffeine addict friend but my mango smoothie was very yummy. As the noon sun came, the staff were also nice to move a family group beside us to a shadier table so the kids dont get sun burnt. I notice they added a small children's playground area. Im sure my 2 year old will be visiting Prive soon. Lovely establishment with great food, awesome service and a million dollar view.

Beautiful setting but so-so food

For more reviews, please see http://thehungrybunnie.blogspot.com

At the water's edge overlooking the marina, Prive Cafe makes a lovely spot for a languorous boozy brunch. Although I generally abhor the alfresco because I usually find the weather way too hot and humid, I actually enjoy the alfresco here because it's so breezy.

Picturesque setting aside, I'm not so keen on Prive's food. In this day and age where brunch spots are a dime and dozen, it's no longer sufficient to just get by with so-so grub. It's not that the food is bad, it's just that it's not good enough to distinguish itself.

We had:

1) Avocado and Chorizo Tartine ($18) with a duo of chilli-freckled poached eggs: well-balanced with the tinge of sour cream and peppery rocket and watercress.

2) Egg White Omelette ($19) laced with baby spinach and sauteed button mushrooms: for a healthy option, this didn't compromise on flavour. This was at once tasty and fluffy and moist.

3) Eggs Royale ($18) with poached eggs stacked upon smoked Norwegian salmon and toasted english muffins, and slathered in a velvety, albeit slightly watery, hollandaise sauce

4) Linguine Carbonara ($18): though plentiful with thick-cut bacon and mushrooms and a poached egg, got cloyingly creamy halfway through.

only good thing is the ambience

had breakfast. pancakes came cold. eggs royal were chilled and very oily. Blue berries were from the can.

bad service and food is so so

I wouldn't even want to rate tis place. Ambience is nice for a lazy afternoon chill. Ask for a table for 3 outdoor, Had a kid along,was rather shock and disappointed when the hostess bought me to a table with an ash tray. I told her I dun smoke would like a non smoking table. ( common sense... I had a kid with me and she as a restaurant hostress should be sensitive enough to tell me if there weren't any outdoor table can I take indoor table). As for the food, I would consider below standard, taste v blend. Service really sucks . Waitress dun even understand can't understand simple English like "is this dish the kids meal" and when i ask her u dun understand english? even can admit they don't understand english. encountered 2 waitress like tat!! OMG! Flies flying around the on my table I'm seated indoor with Aircon! which make the whole dinning experience very unpleasant. And food is not cheap! It's consider mid class restaurant and I'm dining with fly. Finally Fully 100% agree with the NEGATIVE review given by others . So verdict is: will be my first and last time !!!!! Bad experience! Salt n pepper prawn sounds good but taste blend n prawn is so small

overpriced

Went there for lunch, the food is alright but it's kinda expensive. Mushroom soup is slightly salty, & the garlic bread is hard & cold when serve. Other than that we're fine with the food&drink. However, we feel that the food is overprice. Though the restaurant got a great atmosphere facing the yacht, the service and food is still substandard compared to many other cafeterias. Will not visit this place again.