Reviews for PS. Cafe (Harding Road)

AustralianWestern
ArcticStar

Lovely ambience & Sticky Date Pudding

I really have to give credit to the decor of all their outlets - dim, intimate, mysterious and lovely. It always gives a relaxing and romantic vibe, no matter which outlet, at which time of the day, and with whom.

Tonight *Joseph the friend and I shared a Sticky Date Pudding (SGD$12.90) - the one food item I was finally impressed by. The vanilla ice-cream was a plus point, but the sweet and sticky dessert itself was delicious. It was sweet but not toothache-inducing, and the date (fig?) flavor was strongly distinctive, giving the pastry a very lovely taste. The lemon custard sauce added a twist to the flavor.

I also had Rose and Berries Sangria (SGD$18.00) - frozen seasonal berries, rose buds and lemon wedges infused in rose wine with a dash of lemon soda - making this an utterly refreshing and tantalising drink. I love the combination simply, and the sweetness of it all was very soothing, perfect ladies' kind of drinks.

For full review and more photographs, please feel free to visit:

13 Dec 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

nice ambience, prices up quality down

PS cafe breakfast: tasteless omelette, soggy bacon, chewy sausage - worst breakfast I had in a long time ... and it is not cheap. But hey all is good if you get an outside table ... relaxed ambience, view of greenery - where can you have that in Singapore! I wish the coffee would not taste like water.
Sticky Date Pudding
28 Nov 2014 • 337 reviews • 3 followers

Lovely ambience & Sticky Date Pudding

For full review and more photographs, please feel free to visit:

19 Oct 2014 • 1 review • 0 follower

"I need this table back by 6pm."

I am writing to provide feedback on the service at PS Cafe Harding Road. I went to the cafe on 18 Oct afternoon and asked for a table. A gentleman attended to me and when he led me to the table he said "I need this table back by 6 pm" I was appalled and found this comment incredibly rude. I had initially decided to stay for dinner after 6pm after my afternoon tea; but after hearing this comment I gladly left before 6pm to give my business to another restaurant nearby. This is my first visit to a PS Cafe and this experience will probably make me think twice on coming back again. I truly believe that the PS Cafe is a posh and aspiring upscale restaurant but this comment really backtracks you on the service scale by decades. It reminds me of certain teashops in another Asian country selling dim sum and the staff will set time limits on the customers. Sweatshop-style, time limits and off you are gone.

There are tons of aspiring upmarket or hipster cafes in Singapore that strives to provide a first class atmosphere to their customers; your competitive advantage rests on how you well you treat your customers. A suggestion will probably be not to express this statement outright to a customer; or put the message across in a more pleasant way after the customer is done with her food.