Back to Putien#02-131/132, Vivocity, 1 Harbourfront Walk
Rolling
 • 04 Jan 2014 140 reviews 1 follower
Overall
Please go to http://rollingwrites.blogspot.sg/2013/10/putien-vivocity.html for pictures!

Putien has always given me the impression of the place to be for family reunions.

I have never complained about a dish of Fried Egg Plant with Pork Floss ($13.90)- it's just too safe a choice that it's difficult to get it wrong!

The famous Putien Sweet & Sour Pork with Lychees ($17.90 for medium) lacked a little of the sour oomph that we are accustomed to when eating sweet and sour pork.

Everybody loved the Spinach with Salted Egg & Century Egg in Supreme Stock ($18.90 for medium).

The Deep Fried Duck with Yam ($31.80) was pretty new to our tastebuds- a layer of crispy yam wrapped around pieces of duck- combination was great if not for the fact that the duck was a little dry.

We also had a Braised Claypot Sea Cucumber with Chestnut ($35.90). The gravy plays an important role in this dish and does not overpower the freshness of the sea cucumber.

Another famous dish the Fried Heng Hwa Bee Hoon ($23.90 for large) - it was too dry.

Overall, our food choices were very safe. Food was slightly above average although if you are looking for a Chinese restaurant, I highly recommend Tonny Restaurant which I've recently been to. The utensils here are also not clean and it's difficult to get the waiter's attention as they seem not to have enough manpower.