Raindrops Cafe has closed.

Summary

Meltique Beef, Tataki Tuna, Fish & Chips, Kurobuta Pork Rack, Portobello with chicken, Beer Battered Mushrooms, Chicken Quesadilla, Cream Brulee, Kurobuta Pork, Pastas, Poach Pear with ice cream, Poached Pear, Squid Ink Pasta, Tiramisu, banana sabayon, beers, desserts, mushroom carbonara, pizza, salmon, truffle fries View all
Dinner, Lunch, Chillout, Girls Night Out, Quiet, After Work, Alfresco/Outdoor Dining, Hidden Find, Live Band, Romance/First Dates, Vibrant/Noisy, Boys Night Out, Brunch, View/Scenery, Wine Lists, People Watching, Supper, Children/Family, Large Groups/Gathering, Private Dining View all

Hidden gem

Location is pretty secluded, and will be easily missed.
Food is good. Place is a bit small, so better to make reservations if you have a large group :)

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Raindrops Cafe (SCAPE)

Cosy ambient

Raindrops have been falling so much ever since. Orchard Road was turned into a Yangtze River. Wendy's was flooded. My favourite Dutti was gone. A diving enthusiast friend mentioned he was ready to bring in his snorkling gears.

Raindrops Cafe is a new resto nestled at Scape. It is a small and cosy cafe with about 15 seatings indoors at the maximum. Fully glassed and brightly lited, it gives a good vibe. Alfresco, being the other modus operandi, seats about another 15 seatings. There are no substantial lightings out there. It gets a little more romantic nevertheless.

For a little cafe, the kitchen seems to be able to whip out a variety of selections. There are the fried portobello with stuffed chicken, chicken quesadilla, fried calamari, tuna tataki, mango & papaya salad, just to name a few. The portobellos and tuna tataki that we had were decent. The mushrooms were juicy beneath the beer batter while the minced chicken provides another texture to palate in this combination. The tuna was pink in the centre and crusted with crushed black peppercorns. It was a decent appetiser but I personally felt that there was too much of the black pepper giving too much sting to the tongue, somehow not what an appetiser should be doing.

From the wide choices of mains, pasta and meats, we got the crispy salmon with asparagus and the kurubuta rack. We had a good cut of the fish, probably somewhere near the belly, so the fillet was fresh, juicy and had loads of omega 3. The homemade mash that accompanied was butterized, smooth and real creamy. The rack that I had was a generous piece with the rib bone on it, ala bak kut teh style. The meat was juicy and had enough fats not to make it too boring. Other than the food, Raindrops also specialise in bringing in beers for non-beer drinkers. The Timmerman Beers from Belgium are swett-fruit flavoured brews that contained only 4% alcohol. They also have the white zinfandel, a wine that is very easy to drink due to its sweetness. Always having room for desserts, the partner and I decided to put our faith in the caramelised banana with sabayon sauce. The sabayon sauce was good, utterly full of creaminess from the egg yolks. But however we were disappointed that the bananas did not look too burnt at all. Seemed to be just some customary blowtorching of a little here and there spots on the dish. Perhaps the chef was in a rush as there was a huge crowd of diners after us but the intent of caramelization on sugars is meant to give an extra dimension to the sweets. This one just missed it totally.

For a new resto, the service was very up to mark. Throughout our meal, we were constantly shown the smiley faces of the waitstaff. They were also apologetic of us having to wait about 10 minutes for our desserts after our mains, something we find to be not a problem at all. There are a few promotions going on as I write. There is a 20% discount off all dine-in. If that does not sound interesting to you, 4 main courses allow you to choose a bottle of wine. Set lunches start at $10 nett, giving you a soup or salad, a mains and a coffee or tea. A great deal in the heart Orchard Road for lunch. I only pray that there will not be too much raindrops falling on my head.

Bad Service but nice dessert

Love the store concept and food. I tried their dessert; brownies and apple pie crumble, are good. Creme brulee, texture is too thick and caramelized sugar is little bit overcooked. I like their tap water, mixed with strawberry pieces. Good ambience. but they have very poor service. Very harsh to customers! Their outdoor table is very dirty and many insects. Worth to try though.

Cute little italian joint in Scape

Cute place, in the back yard of Scape, the mushroom carbonara is nice, though bit pricey.

Check out my other fav hangouts / cafes in singapore:

Secluded cafe with not much patrons

I  went with a group of friends on a saturday afternoon, but there was no one!
To view a full review with many more photos, do visit:

The portion was overall quite small and there were a little amount of berries only! So depressing to have this at $10, way overpriced.

What I has was Seafood Cherry Tomato with Penne  at $17

For the price of $17, I guess it's just two dollars more than usual averaged priced spaghetti. Perhaps the only thing worthwhile about this dish was the seafood that they've included in. Two mussels and very few clams. Not that great either.

What was then displeasing about, was the toughness of the penne.

It was really tough, at least to me. I'm not sure if penne are supposed to be prepared like this, but I'm sure as a consumer myself, I wouldn't like the texture of the penne to be hard.

Okay hope you liked my review!

Hui Yan-