Summary

A ramen bar worth trying

For full review, please visit my blog The Engineer Chef:

My friend and I went for a dinner after work at around 7pm when we reach Ramen Matsuri. Sadly, the restaurant was almost empty. There were few customers and some were Japanese dining solitary. The store was just like a traditional simple ramen bar, although there is no bar here. The tables were limited but enough. The decos are mostly similar to what Ramen Baikohken had.    We were greeted by our waiter who is a Japanese. Menu selections were pretty simply: 2 soup based to choose from (original and miso), and some various toppings. The ramen chefs are also Japanese. I ordered the Spicy Miso Tamago Ramen ($12).

I like the presentation of the ramen, although the photo certainly did not do any justice. I love how the crispy nori was placed and combined within the bowl. My favorite component was of course the spinach! It was rare to have spinach in the ramen and it tasted really good. As for the soup base, I thought it was not bad neither it was so special that I would remember and crave to eat.    As we finished eating more customers came in and dine. I thought our dining experience at Ramen Matsuri was not bad. This place could be a convenient place to grab dinner for those who work at the CBD.

Most helpful reviews for Ramen Matsuri

Not Bad!

My colleague and I found this place when I was attending some course around Pickering street area. This place is quite noticeable, it is located along the same stretch of shop house where one of the famous beef noodles is. I went there during lunch hour, therefore it was a little crowd. Personally, I am a big fan of ramen! And this place didn't disappoint me much, the noodle was just nice and the soup isn't too oily! Probably the one thing they need to improve on is the soft boiled egg, a bit over boiled.

Hearty chicken-based broth ramen

Full review here

The Torikoku ramen broth, was as expected, lighter than the usual tonkotsu pork-based broths. It tasted slightly weaker in flavour compared to Marutama, but really isn’t a criticism, but merely a personal preference. The kakuni was average.. braised pork lor. However, what shone through was the extremely tender pieces of chicken! It was most excellent soaked in the backdrop of chicken broth goodness.

The maze ramen was had, by mixing everything together. The soft onsen tamago, mixed with the creamy mentaiko (and sauce?) formed a most excellent coating over the noodles, giving much savoury oomph in each bite.

The food at Ramen Matsuri was good, though I think Marutama still does better overall.

Matsuri Ramen -Tasty diet Ramen

For the full review with photos, please visit http://freshffm.blogspot.sg/2014/06/matsuri-ramen-tasty-diet-ramen.html
Rich Soup with Tamago ($13.90)
Unlike the hard-hitting heaviness of pork-based broths, the chicken broth used here relied more on subtlety, with its herb-like undertones and spring onions creating a sweet fragrance. The flavour of chicken was unsurprisingly apparent too, though I did feel that even when taking chicken’s naturally lighter flavour into account, it remained just a bit too light for my liking.

The noodles were unusually curly, almost maggimee-esque, which I suppose is for the purpose of having more soup cling on to it, given the broth’s lighter nature. However, I felt like they were a little overcooked as they didn’t really provide much resistance to the bite.