11 Dec 2014 • 261 reviews • 3 followers
We were at the Centrepoint – Orchard Road area and looking for a place to dine for lunch.
We walked past the Cuppage Terrace and came across a ‘1 for 1’ deal for ramen and their set lunches.
We decided to go with the ‘1 for 1’ deal for their set lunches. The set lunches have a total of 8 options:
- Chicken Karaage
- Deep fried Prawns
- Deep fried Prawn and Fried Salmon
For each of the above, you get a choice of:
- Rice ball wrapped in sweet tofu skin or
- Salmon rice ball with seaweed.
In addition, each set comes with a bowl of ramen. You have a choice of flavours for your ramen soup base: Salt, Soy sauce, Miso or hot Miso. You can also upsize your noodles to medium size for an additional $1 or large for $3.
As there were 4 of us, we ordered 1 each for the sets available, and chose both the rice ball and salmon rice ball, so that we can try both.
Here’s the verdict:
- Chicken Karaage: The chicken pieces were quite large and deep fried to a dark brown. Chicken were juicy.
- Deep fried Prawns: This is of the frozen kind. Nothing much to shout about.
- Deep fried Prawn and Fried Salmon: Prawn as mentioned earlier. The salmon was rather dry for my liking.
- Gyoza: 3 pieces of gyoza. It was ok.
- Rice ball wrapped in sweet tofu skin: The tofu skin was sweet and this is eaten like a sushi.
- Salmon rice ball with seaweed: cooked salmon that has been flaked and mixed into the Japanese rice together with furikake. It is pressed into a mould to ge the triangle shape and a piece of seaweed is placed on the outside. This was delicious and my lunch group loved it. Must try!
- Ramen: Each of us ordered different soup base. I had the miso and it was just salty enough for me. Loved it.
For 4 pax, we spent $45.