Reviews for Ramen Santouka (Central, Eu Tong Sen) (火头山)

3.5

AsianJapanese
Address: #02-76, Central, 6 Eu Tong Sen Street, 059817
02 Jan 2016

awesome ramen!

very good RAMEN! love the pork cheeks ramen it is super tasty, best ramen I have ever eaten(ps I'm a self proclaimed ramen connoisseur) Haha must try! just a pity that the restaurant itself is quite small.
the pork cheeks ramen

More reviews of Ramen Santouka

Great food

I used a coupon from JPassport to get a great meal for cheap. The Iberico pork was delicious and the ramen noodles were springy and with perfect bite. The shio soup base was a bit too salty but had the richness and depth of flavor that we look for in ramen soups. Overall the experience was positive!
Overall

A restaurant that does not honour its word

We all know that Singapore is full of good ramen restaurants. It's quite an achievement for one to stand out from the crowd. I first tried this place three months ago and fell in love with the food. The last time, I received a one-for-one voucher for next visit.

I recently visited it again on 23 Feb thinking I'll use the one-for-one since I miss a good bowl of ramen. I had to takeaway. I checked the voucher and it didnt specify dine-in only (which some restaurants do). I visited this outlet and when i presented the voucher for takeaway, they flatly refused to.

I spoke to the manager and asked why they were refusing to honour the voucher when their terms did not state dine-in only. She said it was the restaurant's internal policy. I politely explained that even if that were the case, a customer has no way to know their internal policy. The only way is for them to spell it out on the voucher. Further, the voucher did not say that the management could change the terms of it. It is trite that if you give customers your word (through your promotions), you abide by it.

Nevertheless, they refused to acknowledge that they are breaking their promise and flatly denied my takeaway request. I was disappointed but decided I would just buy one bowl for takeaway.

This is where the story gets worse. After I paid, I checked my receipt and realised that they were charging 10% service charge. This amounted to $1.35. I clarified why service charge was imposed for takeaway since there is no table service to speak of. The manager then said that it was surcharge for takeaway boxes. I was quite distrubed because most resturants wouldn't charge a takeaway charge if you bag your food. Nevertheless, I asked her whether it was in the menu. The manager herself admitted that it was not. I pointed out that you shouldnt charge for things you dont spell out to your customers. She didn't care. Leaving me with no recourse, I just accepted that I had been conned into paying $1.35 for two ordinary plastic boxes that hawker centres use.

Santouka ramen, you are one of the leading names around. It is disappointing that you resort to unfair consumer practices. Whether I return ever again depends on how you respond to this (if at all).

Pork cheeks!

I am ONLY here for the pork cheeks!

Okay I have been to ramen santouka a couple of times and they do NOT disappoint! Okay just one time during my last visit, i find their pork cheek a tad salty but thats it! They are still the yummy pork cheek that melts in the mouth! super yummy! Here's how you eat this, you just dump whatever that is in the plate into the soup with noodles. Noodles and soup was yummy too. I am not sure about other outlets though.. only been to the one at the central. Not sure if they're consistent compared to other store. :)

Review: http://nickeatfood.blogspot.sg/2015/01/review-ramen-santouka-at-central.html

Great Ramen! Will definitely be back

I have been to santouka more times then i can remember and i think its a staple in my diet routine by now.

I cant remember which are the best dishes but i can say that the food is generally consistant across all outlets!

and the pork cheeks are some of the best in Singapore