Review for Ramen Santouka (Central, Eu Tong Sen) (火头山)

3.4

AsianJapanese
Address: #02-76, Central, 6 Eu Tong Sen Street, 059817
13 Feb 2014 • 189 Reviews • 5 Followers

Fantastic Roasted Pork Cheek

Overall
For the full post visit toseetofeeltoeat

The Roasted Pork Cheek ($19.90) with a bowl of ramen was apparently a popular dish so I decided to go with that the other day. Indeed, the slices of Roasted Pork Cheek were lean and yet so very tender. There was no fatty meat at all yet it tasted so soft and delicious. They were very well braised and I loved the flavour in the meat. You could choose the soup base - shoyu (soya sauce), shio (salt), or miso. I took shoyu because I wanted to try something different from my usual shio. Shoyu was definitely more salty than shio and I think I would stick with shio the next time I come around.

So the next time I came I ordered the Char Siu Ramen ($17.70). We both opted for Shio Ramen this time.    The slices of char siu were definitely more fatty and marbly as compared to the Roasted Pork Cheek. The char siu was still delicious and well-braised but you would not fancy it if you did not like fatty meat. I am not much of a fan of fatty meat so I would prefer the Roasted Pork Cheek. The Shio soup base was also lighter than the shoyu soup base.

Tokusen Toroniku (pork cheek) ramen, shio ramen