Red Pig Korean Restaurant has closed.

Summary

Value3
Ambience3
seafood pancake, Red Pig, spicy pork, BBQ chicken, Kimchi Salad, and yummy Squid!!!, beef, cold noodle, tofu chige View all
After Work, Vibrant/Noisy, Dinner, BBQ, Hidden Find, Lunch, Boys Night Out, Children/Family, Chillout, Girls Night Out View all

Ordinary Experience

I was there on a Saturday night with a friend and at 8.45pm, they were preparing to close. We wanted to try the bbq but was told we have to order at least two serving of meat. Being small eater, we decided to just order other stuff instead, the dinner menu was so limited we had a hard time deciding what to order. We were served chilled pale yellow colour water, it tasted like super diluted dish-water.
We order the spicy beef kimchi soup,  seafood pancake and kimchi salad.
The soup was tasty, the beef was so hard, we mistook it for dried wood. The seafood pancake consist of rubbery squid and vegetable and th side dishes was not impressive either, I think I do a better kimchi than what was served.
Overall, it was disappointing, for the price, I could have gone for a korean bbq buffet instead.

Most helpful reviews for (Closed) Red Pig Korean Restaurant

Yummy Korean BBQ

The beef is well-marinated and juicy. Don't forget to try their tofu chige!!! Will definitely go back again :P

Great Korean bbq!

Value 4| Ambience 4| Service 3

Great Value and good food!

My friends and I looking for bbq before going for a drink @club st. Somebody told us that we can find good bbq along Amoy st and found this Red Pig Korean BBQ.

At the entrance, we are greeted by staff wearing RED t-shirt ...."anyeonghaseyo" mind me if I say it wrong..

We were seated in the middle of restaurant and you can smells the bbq grilling on others table that make us more hungrier.

We decided to other 2 meats and pancake (need to reserved some space for drinks later).
While waiting for our food, they gave those generous side dishes. WOW! that taste good and wonderful and can be replenish without asking.

Our order just came in time. While enjoying our bbq, staff are very helpful and assist us how to cook meats, show us the traditional way of eating bbq that need to wrap with fresh lettuce. Woohh, it's awesome meats are well marinated, very tasty and flavourful.

Really having a good dinner and definitely coming back for more!

Good job!

delish food.

Recommended by friend to come and try. Wasnt disappointed. Not really a korean bbq fan but will come back for it again!

A farewell dinner ruin by the service

Was there for a farewell dinner to my korean boss.  was recommended that the the place is value for money and popular. So i was told

I found it strange when i try to make a reservation 2 days ahead.  Only to be told that i dont need to , and can just come.

The place is a typical korean resturant, but its really empty to my surprise at 7pm.

My korean boss made the order. Some BBQ pork, korean rice wine, seafood pan cake and a spicy seafood soup noodle.  The food tasted okay.  But the spicy seafood soup were way below par.

What really ruin the evening was the service.  We felt being rushed to finish our food. and the waitress refuse to serve us the soup until we finish the BBQ pork.  Something that puzzle all of us.  And after being told off by the waitress, we wanted to see the korean manager.  We were denial.

It usually traditional for the boss to greet the guest an involve in small talks, but the korean boss or management were no where to be found.  It not the first time we were there.

We request to clear the table and to order some more food and was told "Which one you want to do first? Order food will slow down the cleaning...."

....  farewell , not visiting ever