Review for Relish (Cluny Court)

3.2

AmericanFusionWestern
Address: #02-01, Cluny Court, 501 Bukit Timah Road, 259760
08 Mar 2011

Great Place, Great Service

I visited Relish early this afternoon and left a happy diner. The service staff were attentive, polite and professional.

My companion and I shared the following dishes:

1. Onion rings in milk batter with curry mayo ($9.0) Waaaay better than your typical processed supermarket frozen onion rings. Actual pieces of onion coated with a light, crispy batter. It wasn't too oily and the curry mayo that came with it was fantastic. Nine bucks may seem expensive but it was quite a big portion

2. Blue cheese with walnut-peanut butter and poached pear This was excellent. The beef was done perfectly (I like it how they'll automatically do it medium-rare if you don't specify) and the chef was generous with the blue cheese.Every ingredient in this burger complements the others

3. Wild Rocket Burger Not bad, but not absolutely fantastic either. We only had this because my companion needed a nut-and-seafood free option.

4. The salads that came as sides with our burgers were quite generous in portion. Instead of using cheap cabbage or lettuce, Relish used quite a good mix of the better tasting salad vegetables - those that would cost you $5.95 a bag at Cold Storage, and we got about half a bag each.

In general, I think Relish is pretty value for money. I don't understand why people complain about small portions - they serve quality beef that fills you up, and even with the 150g option and choosing salads over fries I was pretty full because of all that high quality protein.For guys who simply stuff food into their mouths and don't really try to savour their meals, you'll honestly be better off at macs with an upsized meal. I also don't get gripes that charging 18 bucks for a burger is too much. It's a gourmet meal, so if they took away the burger buns, would that make people happier since it would look less macs/ bk-ish?
Blue Cheese and William Pear Beef Burger

More reviews of Relish

Great Burgers on 4Aug2015

See my full reviews & photos at = http://chefquak.com/2015/08/10/great-burgers-relish-burger-cluny-court-on-4aug2015/

wife had a groupon that was expiring. son was in town & he loved burgers. so we arranged to have 3pax lunch at relish burgers by wild rockets at cluny court on 4.8.2015.^^

i don’t mind burgers. they are not ranked anywhere in my priority though. the last time i had relish burger was with wife at serangoon gardens in dec2014, also by way of groupons. haha!

place was bright & pleasant.

quite well patronised maybe because of groupon discounts?

wife ordered a prawn turnip salad.

it was very good. prawns were very fresh. salad was refreshing & tangy, very appetising.

wife & i shared a wild rocket burger.

it is true that the burger is excellent. charred outside, medium rare & moist inside, very nice flavours with peppers & mustard & onions.

son ordered the popular blue cheese & william pear burger.

it was very good too. the blue cheese left a very nice lingering after taste.

the last time we liked the deconstructed strawberry cheese cake.

i even tried making one myself, which was quite good really but maybe not yet up for comparison.

that’s part of the fun for me eating out, tasting different food & making an assessment if i can reproduce w/o much hassle.

the lunch was S$77. somehow we could not locate the groupon so we paid the full amount & the restaurant (angie the lady we spoke to) agreed to let us used it the week after even though it would have expired. part of good service i guess.

Overall

WIFI doesn't work... mediocre coffee

WIFI doesn't work... apparently the boss wont let the staff turn the router off and on to re-set.... and very mediocre coffee - i won't be back here in a hurry.
Overall

Nice Place for All Day Brunch!

For full review and photos, please visit:

Relish by Wild Rocket is a casual dining restaurant specialising in good quality burgers by Chef Willin Low. They know not everyone is into burgers so they also offer all day brunch and pasta menu. I'm not a fan of burgers but a crazy Pandan and Gula Melaka lover, so I decided to try out all their items with Pandan and Gula Melaka!

I like their spacious settings, clean and cosy ambience! Service was quite good as we were there early. Love the jazz music from Olivia that they played in the morning, made the whole ambience very relaxing. The food that I've tried were all quite nice and light. Would prefer slightly stronger pandan and gula melaka taste as I find them too mild.

Have tried their new drink "Homemade Pink Lemonade" - A beautiful refreshing soda to quench your thirst! Must-Try! Burger lovers, go try their burgers too!

Burgers and Brunch - Western fusion with a Singapore twist

Find out more with a full reivew and pictures at https://tenthousandtastebuds.wordpress.com/. I would recommend the burgers if you're looking for a solid meal, or the brunch specials if you don't mind paying a bit more for fancier food albeit small portions.

relish by wild rocket

for more pictures and review visit my blog at http://bertieretie.blogspot.sg/2015/05/relish-by-wild-rocket-cluny-court.html

interesting sides, especially the polenta with onsen egg. burgers were alright.