Summary

Burgers, Wild Rocket burger, Blue Cheese and William Pear Beef Burger, Ram-lee Burger, Strawberry cheesecake, Char siew burger, Bacon Cheese Burger, Hand Cut Onion Rings, Har Bee Heam Spaghetti, Seafood Burger with Lemon Mayo, chocolate cointreau milkshake, Chicken Teriyaki Rice Burger, Fries with Curry Sauce!, Mexicana burger, Pandan chiffon french toast, Rosemary Smoked Salmon Bagel, Seared Tuna Salad, anchovy butter burger (medium-rare), cheesecake, dark lava chocolate gateau, dessert, mushroom soup, onion soup, pandan infused panna cotta, pink killer beer, roast chicken with mango salsa and mesclun salad., salmon carpaccio, tofu portobello mushroom burger View all
Lunch, Dinner, Children/Family, Large Groups/Gathering, Brunch, After Work, Chillout, Quiet, Boys Night Out, Girls Night Out, Hidden Find, Vibrant/Noisy, Live Band, Romance/First Dates, People Watching, Breakfast, Supper, Take Away, Healthy Eating, Wine Lists View all

Great Place, Great Service

I visited Relish early this afternoon and left a happy diner. The service staff were attentive, polite and professional.

My companion and I shared the following dishes:

1. Onion rings in milk batter with curry mayo ($9.0) Waaaay better than your typical processed supermarket frozen onion rings. Actual pieces of onion coated with a light, crispy batter. It wasn't too oily and the curry mayo that came with it was fantastic. Nine bucks may seem expensive but it was quite a big portion

2. Blue cheese with walnut-peanut butter and poached pear This was excellent. The beef was done perfectly (I like it how they'll automatically do it medium-rare if you don't specify) and the chef was generous with the blue cheese.Every ingredient in this burger complements the others

3. Wild Rocket Burger Not bad, but not absolutely fantastic either. We only had this because my companion needed a nut-and-seafood free option.

4. The salads that came as sides with our burgers were quite generous in portion. Instead of using cheap cabbage or lettuce, Relish used quite a good mix of the better tasting salad vegetables - those that would cost you $5.95 a bag at Cold Storage, and we got about half a bag each.

In general, I think Relish is pretty value for money. I don't understand why people complain about small portions - they serve quality beef that fills you up, and even with the 150g option and choosing salads over fries I was pretty full because of all that high quality protein.For guys who simply stuff food into their mouths and don't really try to savour their meals, you'll honestly be better off at macs with an upsized meal. I also don't get gripes that charging 18 bucks for a burger is too much. It's a gourmet meal, so if they took away the burger buns, would that make people happier since it would look less macs/ bk-ish?

Most helpful reviews for Relish (Cluny Court)

What Service?!

Let me start by saying that the food there is quite good. I had the Blue Cheese Burger as well as the Open Face BBQ Pork Sandwich. The Burger was well prepared and slightly better than the average restaurant burger. The Pork Sandwich was very good. Slightly on the sweet side, so may not be to everyone's taste. It was cooked til the soft bones were soft as gelatine while the meat still retained plenty of bite. Well Done! The fries were very good. Crisp and well seasoned. For the price, it was ok. Portion size to me was alright, and I'm a really big fella.

The issue I had with this place was the service. We, family of 2 adults and 2 infants, had a reservation for 1.45pm. Waited for 4 mins outside with 2 other groups (Elderly Causcasian Couple, and a Father with 3 Children), and though staff was walking by every 5secs or so, no one came to greet ANY of us. My wife went in to ask to be seated and was told they will get back to us in couple of minutes. 12mins later (2.05pm), I went in, saw at least 5 empty tables and proceed to ask the gentlemen in a shirt (Manager?) what's taking so long with the table?. He looks at me and asks me to give him a few more minutes. I proceeded to tell him I already gave you 15mins, and there are empty tables. He comes right up to my face and says to me give me a few more minutes. !?!?!?! Fine, I ask him how many MORE minutes? They sat us down 2mins after.

All through service, when I asked for water from 2 different wait staff about 5mins apart, the reply I get is OK, and they never come back. Following which, the manager proceeds to walk by with a water pitcher, fills the glasses of the table next to mine, the table in front of us and walks on. The 3 waiter I asked for water filled my glass promptly, after which another waiter approaches him and was reprimanded.

Horrible Service, Good Food. How?

Good not Great

A burger makes you full, a good burger satisfies and you leave happy. But a great burger is memorable and makes you want more.

Relish has a good Beef Burger. I definitely liked my dish, my only gripe being that it's a bit hard to cut as the bun is quite unstable and dry ( though with all the sauce in there, i wouldn't want the bun to be to moist either). I ended up eating the dish in a deconstructed form, so I was able to enjoy the flavours individually as well as all together. The sarawak black pepper cream definitely had a kick and I loved its pairing with the arugula- it would go great as a salad! The handmade 150g beef patty was just right and it was tasty with chopped onions and various seasonings. There were those bits of fat i found burdensome though, I would rather the whole patty be pure tender meat without chewy bits.The sundried tomato relish gave the entire thing a tangy twist that is reminiscent of having ketchup sauce. However, instead of confusing the dish, I believe it makes the burger more playful and tasty. So yes, there was no cheese involved but it's amazing.

That being said, I don't know if I would pay the price I did for it because a burger is after all a burger and while I enjoyed it, it doesn't make me go "I must come back here again."A very laid back vibe about this place though, which I enjoyed.

Great burgers!

(for full review, see: http://thehungrygeographer.blogspot.com/2011/11/relish.html)

Must tries - their burgers are simply fantastic! Had the BBQ Char Siew Pork Burger, which had a very distinct taste, and could well compete with Big Bad Wolf's signature burger.

Potato Soup was also great. The burgers are pretty value-for-money, as the portions are quite big.

Ambience-wise, very good for a relaxing chillout.

WIFI doesn't work... mediocre coffee

WIFI doesn't work... apparently the boss wont let the staff turn the router off and on to re-set.... and very mediocre coffee - i won't be back here in a hurry.

Great Burgers on 4Aug2015

See my full reviews & photos at = http://chefquak.com/2015/08/10/great-burgers-relish-burger-cluny-court-on-4aug2015/

wife had a groupon that was expiring. son was in town & he loved burgers. so we arranged to have 3pax lunch at relish burgers by wild rockets at cluny court on 4.8.2015.^^

i don’t mind burgers. they are not ranked anywhere in my priority though. the last time i had relish burger was with wife at serangoon gardens in dec2014, also by way of groupons. haha!

place was bright & pleasant.

quite well patronised maybe because of groupon discounts?

wife ordered a prawn turnip salad.

it was very good. prawns were very fresh. salad was refreshing & tangy, very appetising.

wife & i shared a wild rocket burger.

it is true that the burger is excellent. charred outside, medium rare & moist inside, very nice flavours with peppers & mustard & onions.

son ordered the popular blue cheese & william pear burger.

it was very good too. the blue cheese left a very nice lingering after taste.

the last time we liked the deconstructed strawberry cheese cake.

i even tried making one myself, which was quite good really but maybe not yet up for comparison.

that’s part of the fun for me eating out, tasting different food & making an assessment if i can reproduce w/o much hassle.

the lunch was S$77. somehow we could not locate the groupon so we paid the full amount & the restaurant (angie the lady we spoke to) agreed to let us used it the week after even though it would have expired. part of good service i guess.