Reviews for Restaurant HOME

3.4

AsianLocalSingaporean
Address: The Rail Mall, 392 Upper Bukit Timah Road, 678046

A taste of kampung

Unlike most Chinese food local restaurants, the cuisine here is unpretentiously tasty and quite healthy. I highly recommend the Lobster Oba Leaf braised with noodles as you can hardly find the exact same interpretation elsewhere. The oba leaf imparts a rustic aroma to the lobster, which is fresh and very sweet, complementing the fine strands of egg noodles which have absorbed the essence of the braised lobster. Other interesting dishes include the Lychee Roasted Duck and the Baked Claypot Soon Hock Fish.

Full review and pics: http://dairycream.blogspot.sg/2014/11/restaurant-home-rail-mall-bbq-peking.html
• 18 May 2015 • 1 review • 0 follower

my worst experience ever

Overall
This dinner booking is by far my worst mistake ever made! Service is extremely bad enough. E .g. no one clear the plates after 3rd dish and no one bother to top up our tea that we have ordered!  I have to ask a few times before they change the plates and top up the tea for us.
The fish is so bloody cooked that the meat is so hard! To make it worst they forget about the fish within the set menu that we had ordered! I have to even remind them about it! What a joke! I even have to pay almost $1000 for such bad service and food!
That day some more is my father 80th birthday! What a disappointment!  Furthermore they even forget to charge me the additional headcount for it and keep calling me to come back to pay the differences! What good management staff they have!

I will never ever come back to this place again! What a memorable dinner for me and my family!
They should not call ( home restaurant) since they destroy my family and father birthday dinner!
• 24 Nov 2014 • 271 reviews • 8 followers

A taste of kampung

• 10 Nov 2014 • 25 reviews • 12 followers

A Heartwarming Taste of Home

Overall
For full review: http://www.amiehu.com/2014/11/restaurant-home-rail-mall-heartwarming.html

I wanted to say that Restaurant HOME 家 would be perfect for Chinese New Year reunion dinners... but then again, why do we have to wait for only important occasions for an excuse to have a satisfying meal together? The best part of life is an aggregate of the most precious moments with our loved ones, especially those involving great food and the longgg conversations after finishing! Helmed by established Chef Tan Yong Hua, Restaurant HOME captures the essence of heartwarming dishes very well and had me feeling so blessed.    As I entered, I found Restaurant HOME 家 to be spacious with comfortable distances between each table. There are also different sizes to accommodate both large and small groups. Instead of fancy interior design and furniture, the interior design's direction remains very down-to-earth, with semblance to a semi-traditional Chinese Singaporean home. The restaurant is also equipped with a washroom at the back.     I love to look at restaurants' walls of fame (which Restaurant HOME had at least two)! I had to look twice when I saw Hillary Clinton at the bottom row (third from left) standing together with Chef Tan Yong Hua - it felt so amazing to be able to enjoy the same dishes that this inspiring woman has tried. Amongst politicians, there are also many Mediacorp artistes as well.   Despite the multiple accolades Chef Tan Yong Hua has acquired, he is extremely humble, kind, forthcoming in sharing his culinary tricks with us and even gamely posing for photos. Oh, I'm a fan already.   There's something about blue porcelain patterns that remind me of family dinners. I can't be the only one thinking that, right? This attention to these details to ensuring an experience of family dinners is giving you no room to not feel all fuzzy inside.   Indulging dining experiences at Chinese restaurants is best done with Peking Ducks. At Restaurant HOME 家, you can delight in Chef Tan's signature Barbecued Peking Duck with Lychee Wood 炭燒荔枝木北京烤鴨 ($68 - whole duck, $38 - half duck) which begins with crispy skin sliced from duck breast to be eaten with a hint of sugar in traditional Peking-style. In good ol' do-it-yourself Peking Duck traditions, we wrapped a slice of juicy, rich duck meat, classic julienned cucumbers with thick and mildly sweet plum hoisin sauce around thin Mandarin pancakes. Every wrap is very delicious and all savoured in sweet satisfaction. If you can't get enough of it, you can always opt for a second serving in which the same roast duck to be served in (1) soup, (2) wok-fried duck with ginger and onion or (3) deep-fried duck with dried chili, roasted minced garlic and capsicum pepper fine salt.

Need a table now? Book these restaurants in less than 2 minutes